19. Magic 40,321 - 108,132

20. Hitpoints 68,180 - 127,310

21. Fletching 82,932 - 134,742

22. Attack 76,971 - 140,382

23. Woodcutting 43,817 - 144,782

24. Cooking 90,900 - 172,116

24. Strength 107,733 - 197,925

Rearranged for the new order.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#. SKILL - Nov 1 2009 - April 4 2011

1. Duneoneering 0 - 8,554

2. Runecrafting 2,671 - 9,162

3. Construction 3,181 - 9,836

4. Farming 5,208 - 13,750

5. Agility 4,061 - 13,820

6. Smithing 5,654 - 15,867

7. Crafting 7,515 -15,979

8. Summoning 3,423 - 16,390

9. Herblore 3,235 - 17,010

10. Mining 3,741 - 18,968

11. Slayer 6,114 - 17,376

12. Prayer 12,753 - 25,636

13. Thieving 11,177 - 26,230

14. Hunter 11,274 - 27,964

15. Fishing 21,587 - 58,982

16. Firemaking 32,047 - 69,387

17. Ranged 46,848 - 90,480

18. Defence 55,532 - 107,781

19. Magic 40,321 - 108,132

20. Hitpoints 68,180 - 127,310

21. Fletching 82,932 - 134,742

22. Attack 76,971 - 140,382

23. Woodcutting 43,817 - 144,782

24. Cooking 90,900 - 172,116

24. Strength 107,733 - 197,925

Rearranged for the new order.

Funny how far herblore moved down :lol:

jpegsigtest.jpg

Yeah, I figured demonic thrones were at least up in the upper 90s, if not 99, so I figured it'd be a 200m xp method than anything, lol :P

Examining the reorganized list, I'm not surprised (at the fact it's there and the fact I forgot about it) that woodcutting is so common. Although, seeing as I never did ivy (which undoubtedly made 99 wc more... appetizing, I suppose, for people looking for an easy 99), I'm not surprised I missed it in my last post.

Not surprised hitpoints is up fairly high, and the three melee skills are in that order, either. I am surprised that fletching isn't closer to the most common, though.

Link_Olaran.png

I believe Fishing is the EASIEST 99 to get. Everyone that is saying that construction, cooking, fletching etc. i believe is wrong. For those skills you require money to train, and that should be calculated into the level of easiness.

For instance, if you say cooking is easy just because you stand next to a fire and cook fish you are wrong. You have to go out and obtain fish. Which requires you to use the fishing skill, or buy it. Regardless it is not easy because it takes prior work, and an excessive amount.

For all that say cooking and fletching etc. are the easiest, why not include herblore? It's essentially the same as the other two, except it's a lot more expensive.

Fishing, on the other hand, does not require any excessive previous work. You can get off tutorial island and start fishing. Sell your produce to buy bait/feathers for more fish. On the level of attention required, it is by far the least of any skill in RS. Fishing monkfish, or rocktails (the fish that the average player would go after for 99) can be done while watching TV/doing homework.

Therefore, Fishing is the easiest skill in RS.

Mithilarcher.png

I believe Fishing is the EASIEST 99 to get. Everyone that is saying that construction, cooking, fletching etc. i believe is wrong. For those skills you require money to train, and that should be calculated into the level of easiness.

For instance, if you say cooking is easy just because you stand next to a fire and cook fish you are wrong. You have to go out and obtain fish. Which requires you to use the fishing skill, or buy it. Regardless it is not easy because it takes prior work, and an excessive amount.

For all that say cooking and fletching etc. are the easiest, why not include herblore? It's essentially the same as the other two, except it's a lot more expensive.

Fishing, on the other hand, does not require any excessive previous work. You can get off tutorial island and start fishing. Sell your produce to buy bait/feathers for more fish. On the level of attention required, it is by far the least of any skill in RS. Fishing monkfish, or rocktails (the fish that the average player would go after for 99) can be done while watching TV/doing homework.

Therefore, Fishing is the easiest skill in RS.

Too bad your belief is wrong. Fishing has slow exp rates, and concerning cooking, 1-99 cooking breaks even, so no, you wont have to get the cash for the fish.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

My view is if money is taken into account for ease, xp/hr should be as well. What does fishing max at for xp/hr? I doubt it goes over 100k xp/hr. Looking at wiki's page for xp rates (and noting it doesn't seem to have an xp rate for fly fishing, which is rather stupid), I see that barbarian heavy rod fishing using the alching method to empty your invy gives about 65k xp/hr (75-80k/hr if you use urns as well). Cooking lobsters gives about 150k xp/hr. It does cost more, but you get 99 cooking far faster than 99 fishing, and with that extra time you can earn back the cash used getting the 99 to begin with.

That being said, fishing is one of the easiest 99s to get. It really does depend on your perspective. I personally am just too lazy to bother with it yet, lol.

In addition to normal fishing methods, one that I just remembered (for 80+ fishing, I would assume) would be C2 fishing in dungeoneering - it supposedly gives a fairly large amount of xp/hr, enough to counter the fact you're taking longer on the floors you'd normally C1 to get through. I can't confirm how much xp, though. Still, it's something I may end up doing, since I enjoy dg...

Link_Olaran.png

It's not about breaking even with 99 cooking. It's the fact that you need to have money to begin with. Easiest depends on what perspective you look at it from. If you have 100m sitting in your bank, then of coarse fishing is not the easiest. If your bank is worth about 1m, fishing is the easiest.

And @LinkOlaran

I'm hearing C2 dung fishing has been nerfed. I cannot confirm though.

Mithilarcher.png

It's not about breaking even with 99 cooking. It's the fact that you need to have money to begin with. Easiest depends on what perspective you look at it from. If you have 100m sitting in your bank, then of coarse fishing is not the easiest. If your bank is worth about 1m, fishing is the easiest.

And @LinkOlaran

I'm hearing C2 dung fishing has been nerfed. I cannot confirm though.

From what I understand, half of the fishing spots now give 50% less exp. So essentially it's 75% as effective as before. I heard numbers up to 120k/h before (assuming you're not some sort of insane efficiency freak that never misses a game tick) so that's like 90k exp/h now. And with the large amounts of clicking involved in c2 fishing, I'd say fishing is not even near the easiest 99.

I'm an ex-RS player and I found myself here out of sentimental curiosity for the game.

Just thought I'd put in my two cence.

I was very dedicated and made a large effort to reach 99 magic with very little initial cash.

I mined 180k rune ess, made to natures. Cut 40k Yews +bought 140k yews and fletched them into longs, bought 180k flax and spun it, then strung 180k yew longs and alched them to reach 99 mage from about 60 and made roughly 200m in the process.

That was not easy. It was obsessive.

I was very happy that I had achieved that and several of my skills had benefited considerably from all that effort but it was certainly not the easiest route to gain all that xp in those skills.

I think the point someone made earlier about income/total savings defines the "easyness" of a skill. As a first time player back then my account was not yet optimised for staking (hence why i wanted 99 mage) so essentially infinite income was not available. From my starting point with an average account my efficiency relative to my budget was very high.

As a successful staker I also want to say that it's not easy and even if you have built a good staking class you still have to have "the skillz to pay the bills". Your opponents do not just hand over 50m lightly so staking cannot be counted as ridiculously high earning source for everyone!

For most people it will take a long time to accumulate the money to buy an entire skill so the effort is distributed in different ways (such as self-sufficiency aswell).

It is very hard to compare how much actual effort/time people have put into a 99 if it is buyable (or heavily aided by cash!) on an individual basis.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

i only have 2x 99 skills...cooking and thieving...they both took about same time to get...both as easy. trick for easy thieving was to be low combat level for easy pickpocketing and didnt need to pay much attention for other than hp bar....i think other styles take much more attention that you are not able to read forums etc at same time.

construction may be faster but its really pain for mouse hand if doing it long sessions...herblore and crafting is easier and faster than cooking but need cash to do it fast.

for new clean accounts overall easiest skills are cooking,fletching and thieving...thieving is only from those that give some profit in end

The fact that you mention 99 construction is an insult. There are about 300 people with 99 construction and 20k or so with 99 fletching/cooking. This already shows that construction skillcape is extremely rare. For a long period of time (and even maybe now, but i havn't checked) Construction has been the rarest skillcape due to it's immense cost and most people consider it "not worth it". Compare this to fletching/cooking for which the capes are abundant.

Furthermore, construction is very expensive and has virtually NO return. The experience gain isn't all that generous either making it a hard skill. One of the most expensive to be precise

Cooking/Fletching have ridiculously high exp rates and the total amount spent on them is very slight. This is because most of the money you spend to get 99 cooking/fletching can be returned, negating a part of the cost.

Prayer also doesn't deserve to be included. Although it has more people (about 3k last I checked), this is all due to people just considering it more "useful". 99 prayer is also one of the most expensive skills and also has NO return on the investment. How could you possibly even think that one of the most expensive skills even comes close to comparing to fletching/cooking

Don't assume a skill is easy just because it is buyable. A lot of people forget that the time spent to get the cash ALSO counts as time taken to get 99 in that skill.

There are 9860 people with 99 construction. There are over 100k accounts with 99 fletching. But yeah, the OP seems to have totally forgotten about the fact that 99s are hard when you don't have a few p hats (or sets) to sell for skilling.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

The fact that you mention 99 construction is an insult. There are about 300 people with 99 construction and 20k or so with 99 fletching/cooking. This already shows that construction skillcape is extremely rare. For a long period of time (and even maybe now, but i havn't checked) Construction has been the rarest skillcape due to it's immense cost and most people consider it "not worth it". Compare this to fletching/cooking for which the capes are abundant.

Furthermore, construction is very expensive and has virtually NO return. The experience gain isn't all that generous either making it a hard skill. One of the most expensive to be precise

Cooking/Fletching have ridiculously high exp rates and the total amount spent on them is very slight. This is because most of the money you spend to get 99 cooking/fletching can be returned, negating a part of the cost.

Prayer also doesn't deserve to be included. Although it has more people (about 3k last I checked), this is all due to people just considering it more "useful". 99 prayer is also one of the most expensive skills and also has NO return on the investment. How could you possibly even think that one of the most expensive skills even comes close to comparing to fletching/cooking

Don't assume a skill is easy just because it is buyable. A lot of people forget that the time spent to get the cash ALSO counts as time taken to get 99 in that skill.

There are 9860 people with 99 construction. There are over 100k accounts with 99 fletching. But yeah, the OP seems to have totally forgotten about the fact that 99s are hard when you don't have a few p hats (or sets) to sell for skilling.

Do you know you quoted someone from 2007 :P ?

jpegsigtest.jpg

I didnt read everu page, but I knew of a thread that showed that if you had all potions (unf) and ingredients bought that you needed, it would be ppossible to get herblore 1 to 99 in less than 48 hours. So depends a bit on your definition of "easiest" because this would require quite some money to buy all the ingreds beforehand, but once you have it, the skill might actually be the fastest from 1 to 99.

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

My experiences (Ones I tried to get fast and easy):

64-99 Thieving in 2 days.

70-99 Herblore in about 50 hours.

50-99 Cooking in 2 days.

30-99 Fletching in 2 days.

80-99 Crafting in a day.

70-99 Construction in 3 days.

Those are in order of which I thought was easiest. Mind you, as most of you know I get stock piles upon stockpiles of effigies from Tormented Demons... So they kinda played a role in the times.

If you have the supplies, all 99s are easy. If you exclude obtaining charms, I might say summoning is the easiest.

09144a99bb.png

64-99 Thieving in 2 days.

How?

Believe it or not, not a single round of Pyramid Plunder. At 3.2M XP gained for the day right now. There's ways of achieving huge amounts of XP through the Thieves Guild (That doesn't involve glitching TYVM -.-) but for some reason people prefer Pyramid Plunder. O_o.

09144a99bb.png

Fletching was the easiest movie watching skill in town.

Got around 2.5m exp doing broad arrows in the time it took to watch all 3 back to the future movies.

Did around 570k broad arrows getting me from 80-99 in 2 days.

We have a weiner.

6fcc8f4a14.png

BleachBaboosmall.jpg

I think all 99's are equally Easy to get. No respect for any.

Wrong. End of story.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

If money is not issue: Prayer via Frost bones Or Herb Or Construction via mahogs (or crystal thrones lol)

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

Definition of "Easy":

-posing no difficulty; requiring little effort; "an easy job";

-not hurried or forced; "an easy walk around the block"; "at a leisurely (or easygoing) pace"

Now take that into consideration. Is construction really and "easygoing pace"? It takes too much clicking for me to call it easy; the expenses aside. How about fletching even? You have to click every 14 long bows to make them, bank them, withdraw more, and repeat. So I personally wouldnt call that "easy" either. Cooking is "Easy" seeing as you get 100k-300k xp p/hr and has less clicking than fletching/con/etc. Theres even "easier" skills than cooking though. How about combat? You can basically AFK combat skills for hours on end, no clicking needed. Thats "easy" in my opinion.

Theres a difference between EASY 99's and FAST 99's

Easy 99's

-Anything Combat

-Cooking

-Woodcutting

Fast 99's

-Cooking

-Fletching

-Prayer

-Summoning (technically if you have the charms)

-Construction

-Firemaking

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

Do you know you quoted someone from 2007 :P ?

Evidently not. Bla. Stupid gravediggers.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.