Does playing runescape hurt your computer in any way?

22unamed22

No, it is not Runescape.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Highly doubtful, I've played for years (with several long breaks, and creating new accounts) and it's never done anything to my computer. There are a number of reasons your old one could have broke.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

RuneScape did not cause the death of your old computer. Anyone thinking this IS an idiot. You can be reasonably sure the old one died due to some kind of hardware failure or software failure caused purely by age.

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Worst made up excuse by a grown up I'v heard! really really lame.

Video games are a common scapegoat. Probably because adults can't be bothered to understand them.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Worst made up excuse by a grown up I'v heard! really really lame.

Video games are a common scapegoat. Probably because adults can't be bothered to understand them.

You're right on, Solidus_77. And their failure to understand auto-backfires on them later when they find out what really did it, because that finding out happens right in front of their kid 99% of the time, or their kid finds out before they do the remaining 1%. It also causes their kids to lose all faith in them once that has happened. (Note: I am a product of that kind of event.)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

RuneScape did not cause the death of your old computer. Anyone thinking this IS an idiot. You can be reasonably sure the old one died due to some kind of hardware failure or software failure caused purely by age.

~Mr. Devnull

+1

Carpe_Deus.png

qkpY.png

Yeah, RuneScape beat up my Computer, and now my Computer doesn't wanna go to school.

Seriously, though.

"This computer's 7 years old, and its CPU Fan is messed up."

"I know, right?"

"RUNESCAPE DID IT! DARN YOU, SATAN!"

?

.::Congratulations!::.

I just advanced a spamming level!

Now I need to find a decent Signature.

About the only damage RS could inflict on your PC is possible screen burn from the browser being on the same spot for so long, but that's about all I can think of. There's no reason it'd damage the PC more than any other application would.

Any valid application, anyway... right, Harrington? :|

~Mr. Devnull

I like guy who many years working at software development and familar with hardware things can say then Runescape don't do more damage to PC then other computer game or program or Web browsing.

Just maybye if your had old pc which had very low hardware resources maybye Java "eated" a lof ot they when been played RS and if you had an old and slow Hdd drive and long time unfragmented HDD space and not a lot of RAM then maybye it at Runescape playing time increased HDD usage, but same can make and other software too.. people sometimes keep all hdd full and do defragmentation in 3-5 years 1 time, they just don't care because for example don't know how to care about they PC then system will work non optimal and resources like HDD worh on the border of possibilities, then maybye you faster get damaged HDD..

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

Why is your name 22xxxxxxxx22? I wanted to be unique. :(

And in an attempt to get back on-topic: It wasn't RS's fault your computer broke down, all computers have a useby date (which is usually ALWAYS after warranty expires :evil: )

22woger22.gif

22woger22.png

Runescape is not to blame.

A lot of people buy PC's and expect them to be OK forevermore. This is not the case. Every program you install and uninstall causes the operating system to get less and less stable. Every program you open eats memory. A lot of people leave there home PC's on 24/7 and wonder why they get errors. A simple reboot is enough to clear memory.

As for Windows, eventually it will become corrupt and unstable. You can take steps to protect against it but at some point it will not work. At this point people usually buy a new PC. However a simple format and re-install will cure it. Computer places make thousands from people like that.

• Like 1

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

RS is not to blame for this. Trust me, there are thousands of other better reasons to why your computer than that you have played RS.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

• 5 years later...

ummm... no. RuneScape does no damage to your computer1. sure it might if you throw a towel over the vent2 but otherwise it would do no damage. tell your dad what these people have written if he doesn't, he's just a cruel parent who doesn't like you to have fun.

1. a decive used for searching the web. usually associated with the terms: PC, Laptop, or computer

2. the slits on the side of your computer ventilate the computer to prevent overheating