Longsword Versus Scimitar

00hydro

Wrong about accuracy and strength.

Accuracy almost means nothing, the difference between the weapons are too small to notice. Strength is nice, but a small change like +1-5 won't increase you max hit.

Speed is vital. I hit twice when you hit once. That is a significant bonus, FAR outweighing any gains from accuracy and strength.

I personally use a Rapier. It is far more effective then anyone I've seen using a Battleaxe or such. Granted they can hit 10-40 higher, I do more DPS

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Wrong about accuracy and strength.

Accuracy almost means nothing, the difference between the weapons are too small to notice. Strength is nice, but a small change like +1-5 won't increase you max hit.

Speed is vital. I hit twice when you hit once. That is a significant bonus, FAR outweighing any gains from accuracy and strength.

I personally use a Rapier. It is far more effective then anyone I've seen using a Battleaxe or such. Granted they can hit 10-40 higher, I do more DPS

Wrong - attack style and accuracy is very vital in Dungeoneering. It may not be true above Runescape surface, but the dungeons of Daemonheim is a far different realm.

This is why people prefer promethium spears over primal stuff (there is no primal spear). They have all 3 attack styles, best stab, and have excellent strength bonus, far higher than the Rapier.

Heck, people sometimes even used Ranged and Magic over Melee here. Try killing certain bosses or high-level forgotten warriors with any melee weapon.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

You do realise Duneoneering is the SAME as the surface world combat wise?

There is no way to justify sacrificing damage for one hit. Also, you seem to think there is a massive difference between the accuracies of the weapons.

Owned_Nex.png

just going to aimlessly shove some stats here.

f2p not d'nearing

full rune tankers (fighter boots bezerker shild ect), one with scimy and other with longsword.

scim has 51 slash attack or -182 slash attack vs others armour,

51 str,

231 slash defense.

long has 53 slash attack or -178 slash attack vs others armour,

53 str,

233 slash defense.

so the long beats scimy by:

2 attack,

2 str,

2 defence.

now the scimy has a speed of 6/10 and the long 5/10

it looks as though the scimy would be better as +2 in attack, str and defence would be beaten be +1 in speed, but i wouldent say by a lot.

in looks the scimy would be low down on the list, but in combat i would put it higher then the long sword in melee v melee at least.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

You do realise Duneoneering is the SAME as the surface world combat wise?

There is no way to justify sacrificing damage for one hit. Also, you seem to think there is a massive difference between the accuracies of the weapons.

How is it the same? If it's true then everyone in Dungeoneering would be using rapiers, and very few will use other weps, let alone ranged/magic. <_<

And styles DO make a massive difference.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

So your entire arguement is that "Everyone uses weapon XX, not rapiers" I'm not going to bother. Wasting my time.

Styles do not matter much, even less so when the theoretical DPS is SO much less.

Owned_Nex.png

So your entire arguement is that "Everyone uses weapon XX, not rapiers" I'm not going to bother. Wasting my time.

Styles do not matter much, even less so when the theoretical DPS is SO much less.

-facepalm-

I'd like to see you try and kill waterfiends or corp with a whip. Its the same concept bro.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

-facepalm-

I'd like to see you try and kill waterfiends or corp with a whip. Its the same concept bro.

If you have high enough attack, it is defiantly viable. I get, at the very least the same amount of kills per hour with Whip. With corp, this is probably different, but he was talking about Dungeoneering. The little waterfiends and dinosaurs are not on the scale of the Corp beast.

/facepalm is right...

Also, lets not forget that this is Longsword Vs Scim.

Not Fractite Longsword Vs Rapier, not whip vs XX, and not Dragon Longsword Vs Bronze Scim.

Owned_Nex.png

Oh RIIIIIIGHT... sorry, went kinda off topic lolz. In that case, scimitar wins, hands down.

(But styles matter a lot in Dungeoneering (not regular Runescape). It's a FACT.)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

be easy enough for 2 maxed players from tipit to do a few hundred scim v long (weapon only) duels and tally up the wins

could vid it and record the total damage inflicted by each player if you had the time and inclination

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

• 6 years later...

I will take a longsword over a scimitar any day. The only reason I use either one is the controlled fighting style, and longsword is far better for it. Otherwise, I am a battleaxe guy, myself.

same over here but it would be awesome with a dragon warhammer (best weapon ever)

You Sir, have predicted the future 9 years ago.