Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Longsword Versus Scimitar

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
239 replies to this topic

Owned_Nex
[ Display Name History ]

Owned_Nex

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,098 posts
OK, Why does skimmy own?

D long has a few more str bonus(max hit can ONLY be 1-2 more because of this) and slight accuracy(its too low to be notable) and attacks every 3 seconds

D skimmy can hit 1 less, slightly less accurate, but attacs every 2.5 seconds.

To compare, I don't think you shoud ONLY compare the first hit. Comparing first hit, yeah D long will probably win. I'll compare a actual "battle"

Ill write down the time when it hits.

3|6|9|12|15|18|21|24|27|30

2.5|5|7.5|10|12.5|15|17.5|20|22.5|25||27||30

D skim gets 2 more hits. Considering they all hit, D skimmy would hit much more, even though each of D longs hit's hit more.

Considering stats, we will say d long hits 21, D skimmy 20.

d long damage=210

D Skimmy=240

Besides doing more damage, thee dsamage is delt faster. Considering food, a fight is much longer, allowing its speed to do more and more damage.

Specials:

You don't have infinate specials, D long there is 4. 4 GOOD hits. D skimmy takes away prayer, D long wins of the specials, but D skimmy has better damage per second.

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.
I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.
PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.
My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@
Well, usually when your training you have a DDS with you, so you would use its special and not D long's.

Plus, overall, scim is better.

TheMinerGuy
[ Display Name History ]

TheMinerGuy

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 69 posts

the dragon scimmy has a not as good spec but is overall better

d long only has a semi-useful spec

nuff said

+1
Posted Image

me > samurai lux ;-) :ohnoes:
\:D/

10/10, and yes I would agree with that statement he is way to pompous.

IAm314159
[ Display Name History ]

IAm314159

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 147 posts

It is not speed that is what makes a weapon good, nor is it power. A dagger is fastest, while 2h is slowest.

It is the weapon's ability to deal CONSTANT and GOOD damage over time that proves it to be an effective implement.

You must compare its damage and speed. The dragon long has a special. Ok. 4 specials in 5 minits. Who says im going to use its special anyways? DDS is better...

Man, I agree with this! All members and F2Pers should think like this!

Now the skim. Its fast, near dagger speed, strenth bonus slightly lower. Its special is useless, but then agan, im using DDS or DBA. It is able to do slightly less damage is much faster time. (plug it in on the damage calculator. In 80% of the cases, D long can do 0-1 more damage) Now, D long is more accurate, but it takes longer to hit. Even if the Skim is "slightly" less accurate, it attaks faster to make up for it.

Pantim, the scimitar IS dagger speed! And it attacks near longsword power. I say it ROCKS!

Now lets look at it this way:

WHo has used both weapons?

Those who have used both, can actully experiance both, and compare, not with facts, but brute power and speed, the experiance, and the grace. Its ability to do massive dammage, and hit almost dagger-like. Thats wher the whip actully comes in. It is the power of a D skimmy, but speed of dagger. Combining power and speed. D long, simply hits 1 or 2 more, but is much slower.

The abyssal whip hits harder than the longsword, has the speed of BOTH the scimitar and the dagger, and looks like a string of sausages. How fashionable when you whack the Moss Giant in front of you. Only bad thing is that it costs millions.

Anyone up for my challege?

If you've ever used a D skim, you would choose D long. nuff said.

NO. I CHOOSE THE DRAGON SCIMITAR. (OR THE ABYSSAL WHIP.)
My Blog
Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

Posted Image

IAm314159
[ Display Name History ]

IAm314159

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 147 posts

I will take a longsword over a scimitar any day. The only reason I use either one is the controlled fighting style, and longsword is far better for it. Otherwise, I am a battleaxe guy, myself.

same over here but it would be awesome with a dragon warhammer (best weapon ever)

Thankyou! warhammers are awesome!!! oh but um i'd say use both have d scim in ur invintory while use d long specs then switch to the scim which is faster

War hammers are extremely slow. They are also powerful but not that accurate, much like your spelling.

LOL. Dragon warhammers haven't been released yet!

Zeinias, please improve your -bleep- spelling!
My Blog

Posted Image

Humus
[ Display Name History ]

Humus

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 252 posts
Hmm well I would have to say scimitar because It kinda shows how experienced you are. [because you've completed MM]

But if I had a dragon scimmy and long I would probably use the long for specs because it is powerful and there are 4 specs. Dragon Scimmy's special attack is mostly useless. Infact, I swear I hit worse with it than without using the spec.. :|

Owned_Nex
[ Display Name History ]

Owned_Nex

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,098 posts
yay someone agrees with me... lol

Andways, D mace is the same special as long, but hits harder. its just a bit slower.

IAm314159
[ Display Name History ]

IAm314159

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 147 posts

Andways, D mace is the same special as long, but hits harder. its just a bit slower.

Thanks pantim. The dragon mace's attack boosts strength like crazy, uses up 25% of the special bar, and owns the longsword. But a DDS would be better if the player had a low attack level, as the DDS boosts BOTH attack and strength.

The dagger also hits 8 times if 100% of the bar is used. Compare that to the specials of the Dragon longsword, scimitar and mace and the Abyssal Whip. They all PALE in comparison.
My Blog

Posted Image

Owned_Nex
[ Display Name History ]

Owned_Nex

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,098 posts

Thanks pantim. The dragon mace's attack boosts strength like crazy, uses up 25% of the special bar, and owns the longsword. But a DDS would be better if the player had a low attack level, as the DDS boosts BOTH attack and strength.

The dagger also hits 8 times if 100% of the bar is used. Compare that to the specials of the Dragon longsword, scimitar and mace and the Abyssal Whip. They all PALE in comparison.

Well, usualy DDS is used at lower lvls, as you are guarenteed a few hitrs, but D mace is amazing. You hit a 40+ number or you miss. Overall, DDS probably does have the best special, but it dosn't raise str and atk THAT much.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P

Well, usualy DDS is used at lower lvls, as you are guarenteed a few hitrs, but D mace is amazing. You hit a 40+ number or you miss. Overall, DDS probably does have the best special, but it dosn't raise str and atk THAT much.

D mace - Hit a 40+ or miss, eh? Then explain how after 4 specials, WITH piety, I hit a grand total of 3 :oops:

Back on topic, I combat-wise prefer the Dragon Scimitar simply because of speed, yet my heart lies with the Longsword *RSC Product*

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

IAm314159
[ Display Name History ]

IAm314159

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 147 posts

I say use the Dragon Mace ONLY when you are CONFIDENT of getting a good hit. If not, play safe and use the DDS.
My Blog

Posted Image

IAm314159
[ Display Name History ]

IAm314159

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 147 posts

D mace - Hit a 40+ or miss, eh? Then explain how after 4 specials, WITH piety, I hit a grand total of 3 :oops:

Back on topic, I combat-wise prefer the Dragon Scimitar simply because of speed, yet my heart lies with the Longsword *RSC Product*

Is your attack level high, Saradomin_Mage? If not, you will be cheated of good hits.

Anyway I agree with your second point. :thumbsup:
My Blog

Posted Image

Owned_Nex
[ Display Name History ]

Owned_Nex

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,098 posts
well, D hally is the "dds" of high lvls and large monsters

Bloodredsword
[ Display Name History ]

Bloodredsword

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Fox hunter8
I've got to say long sword. The spec hits much harder, and you can use it 3 times. Scim: once, and it doesn't do much.

The only time I use a scim is just when I'm being bored/hanging out with friends; thus for looks :).
Posted Image

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

IAm314159
[ Display Name History ]

IAm314159

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 147 posts

well, D hally is the "dds" of high lvls and large monsters

The dragon halberd is powerful when using the special, but other than that it is slightly more than a useless piece of metal. No offence BTW.
My Blog

Posted Image

IAm314159
[ Display Name History ]

IAm314159

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 147 posts

I've got to say long sword. The spec hits much harder, and you can use it 3 times. Scim: once, and it doesn't do much.

The only time I use a scim is just when I'm being bored/hanging out with friends; thus for looks :).

I thought the D longsword could be used for the special 4 times?

Anyway, I still disagree with your second point.
My Blog

Posted Image

Owned_Nex
[ Display Name History ]

Owned_Nex

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,098 posts

Thats the point...the ONLY advantage over d skimmy is the 4 SPECIALS After that, its damage and speed pailes in comparison to D skimmy.

Anyways, D hally is a useless piece of metal...but then again, so is D long. Only reason to use D hally is specials, only reason to use D long is specials, and even the specil of D long really sucks.

yanksrule
[ Display Name History ]

yanksrule

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 363 posts
  • RSN:yanxrul
  • RSN2:zezima
d skimy looks cooler. you get more regicnition when you have a dragon skimy because it's harder to do mm than it is heroes.

dragon long is usually found on 60's- early 80's and new members.

what makes combat go round and round? str str str str str str str atk.

and the little curve just looks so much more sick than an awkward stick pointing up in the air. and the special just looks cooler.

d long looks=6

d skim looks= 8.5

mostly looks. i had a longsword while i was able to use the skimy and i just got really comfortable with the looks of it and how you look when you lash upon the enemy. should i go on? O:)
Posted Image

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

Mithril_Max
[ Display Name History ]

Mithril_Max

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 753 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:MaxieDaMan
D LONG PLOX

IAm314159
[ Display Name History ]

IAm314159

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 147 posts

d skimy looks cooler. you get more regicnition when you have a dragon skimy because it's harder to do mm than it is heroes.

dragon long is usually found on 60's- early 80's and new members.

what makes combat go round and round? str str str str str str str atk.

and the little curve just looks so much more sick than an awkward stick pointing up in the air. and the special just looks cooler.

d long looks=6

d skim looks= 8.5

mostly looks. i had a longsword while i was able to use the skimy and i just got really comfortable with the looks of it and how you look when you lash upon the enemy. should i go on? O:)

With the Dragon scimitar, not only do you get more exp in NORMAL combat than the Dragon Longsword, you also look cool with the slick edge of the red blade. The blade slashing through the air, bringing down a sense of pain and destruction on the target, is nothing less than uber-1337ness.

It also signifies that you are much more proficient in your mastery of the combat skills as you need to complete Monkey Madness before you can wield a D scimitar. A D Longsword only requires the Lost City quest, which (to the best of my understanding as I am F2P) is much easier than the latter quest.

What are you waiting for? Use the Dragon Scimitar over the Dragon Longsword today!
My Blog

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users