Longsword Versus Scimitar

00hydro

Both weapons are effective in their respective areas, D longsword is slightly slower than the Scim but makes up for it by an increased strength bonus attack bonus and a more versital special (in terms of PvP, being able to attack normally and then without the enemy knowing land some or a single high hit for a possible ko. The Scim, is good for its effectivly higher speed and popularity. Tbh, i would prefer a Scim in that particular situation, im not sure why since all of the information should deem the longsword the better weapon but i just feel safer with a scim contrary to its counterpart the longsword.

2rcq5u9.jpg

Both weapons are effective in their respective areas, D longsword is slightly slower than the Scim but makes up for it by an increased strength bonus attack bonus and a more versital special (in terms of PvP, being able to attack normally and then without the enemy knowing land some or a single high hit for a possible ko. The Scim, is good for its effectivly higher speed and popularity. Tbh, i would prefer a Scim in that particular situation, im not sure why since all of the information should deem the longsword the better weapon but i just feel safer with a scim contrary to its counterpart the longsword.

Your information is correct, but your logic is not. Longsword special isn't as good as it is thought - it frequently hits zeros, and usually hits low. DD++ is a far better alternative - its easy to switch and spec without wasting any time. And, obviously, d scimmy delivers more damage and XP in every situation.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I'm just going to RESTATE this FACT by JAGEX

In the time D scim hits FIVE(5) times,

DRAGON LONG will hit FOUR(4) times.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I'm just going to RESTATE this FACT by JAGEX

In the time D scim hits FIVE(5) times,

DRAGON LONG will hit FOUR(4) times.

now lemme use me formula >_>

with this fact:

Actually, in the BEST case scenario, d long will increase max by 1

10(5) > 11(4)

50 > 44

mmk happy -.-

tipitmainsigjpg.jpg

you like pudding....me too

[hide=More Friend Codes coming soon -.- (some are now included cmon pm me

If you actually use D long spec in a PvP situation, you have already lost.

Owned_Nex.png

• 2 weeks later...

Now how do you mean that by? It's pretty much a low level knockout weapon. Despite how many people believe that the dragon dagger is the god among dragon weapons, I've found the dragon longsword to be more accurate. Chances are if you're using either weapon for player killing, you're not too high of a level. (Most higher levels use godswords or abyssal whips.) The dragon longsword is a perfectly find knockout weapon, packing a surprisingly hard punch.

Picture3-1-1-1.jpg

I'm a scimmy gal all the way. I used to weild longswords but after changing to the scimitar I just found it to be better... it's not about stats or anything like that, it's personal opinion and experience with each of the swords. I just find the speed to be more useful in combat.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Now how do you mean that by? It's pretty much a low level knockout weapon. Despite how many people believe that the dragon dagger is the god among dragon weapons, I've found the dragon longsword to be more accurate. Chances are if you're using either weapon for player killing, you're not too high of a level. (Most higher levels use godswords or abyssal whips.) The dragon longsword is a perfectly find knockout weapon, packing a surprisingly hard punch.

D long is a horrible k0 weapon. One shot at a increased hit just won't do it. Expecially when they are eating. DDS is defiantly better. At lower levels, DDS is even better due to even higher hits

Owned_Nex.png

I don't know if you'd consider 133 combat a low level, but I find dd++ a very powerful knockout weapon, much more so then an abyssal whip or even AGS. Whip, obviously, is the weapon of choice for regular combat, but for that pull-out-and-combo power, dd++ has it (see avatar for details).

D long is a horrible k0 weapon. One shot at a increased hit just won't do it. Expecially when they are eating. DDS is defiantly better. At lower levels, DDS is even better due to even higher hits

True to some extent, the zeros and slow hits just aren't good with a d long. A dds tends to hit rather low on high defence, though - but it will murder pures of any sort.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

scimitar way better, just carry round a spec weapon. nuff said \'

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

• 2 weeks later...

Dragon long has a much better special than a dragon scimmi though... but yeah, otherwise it sucks compared to it...

d long spec has a consistant chance of hitting mid 30s for 4 attacks (depends on your stats of course)

and d scimmi is just pathetic even if it does work, 5 seconds with no protect prayer aint changeing the tide of a one on one fight...

Dragon long has a much better special than a dragon scimmi though... but yeah, otherwise it sucks compared to it...

d long spec has a consistant chance of hitting mid 30s for 4 attacks (depends on your stats of course)

and d scimmi is just pathetic even if it does work, 5 seconds with no protect prayer aint changeing the tide of a one on one fight...

Yeah, but you must understand that if your str is HIGH enough to hit in the 30s 4 times, then you could have easily hit 25+ 6 or 7 times. Even with the special, D long just barely misses on the DPS.

Owned_Nex.png

Yeah, but you must understand that if your str is HIGH enough to hit in the 30s 4 times, then you could have easily hit 25+ 6 or 7 times. Even with the special, D long just barely misses on the DPS.

But, you've got to admit that the special is a hell of alot more accurate anyway.

But, you've got to admit that the special is a hell of alot more accurate anyway.

It's more accurate, but in the time I have used it, its not that more accurate. Plus, its special is only good if you have nothing else.

Owned_Nex.png

It's more accurate, but in the time I have used it, its not that more accurate. Plus, its special is only good if you have nothing else.

yes, yes, but you gotta take into consideration the topic of this thread, lol

It all depend on what you are doing

in my case:

Longsword=Show off

Scimmy=Dont Cross Me

__..)/.._____________________..)/..___

¯¯/(¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/(¯¯¯

TO SECURE PEACE, IS TO PREPARE FOR WAR

Peace means reloading your guns

__..)/.._____________________..)/..___

¯¯/(¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯/(¯¯¯

Which is LongSword VS Scimitar

Owned_Nex.png

Exactly my point

Exactly my point

OK...and your point is...?

Owned_Nex.png