1 October 2007 - Behind the Scenes - October

bored321

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im really hoping that the price for the runes at the shops are goign to be the same as market value, or otherwise i do not see how this will nto affect the market for rc and runes.

ArchSupport.png

Soulthresher: dont think outside of the box, stay inside. the box is your freind

Clicky for the Blog 'o Range

Race to 100 ranged with BBQ_muffin

DarkDude98: Pfft, Real men use Bow and Arrows to get 99 range

Has nobody thought that Jagex may change the prices the general store buys items for and thus the high alchemy price.

You may find that they 'fix' yew longbow prices so as to hinder inflation.

How is changing the shop value of an item the inflation? They never said anything about the high alch price.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

This month sounds awful. First of all, am I the only one who thinks an infinite stock will only help the bots? Maybe I don't understand how it works...but it seems to me that the bots will just be able to buy runes at a faster rate. Maybe they are saying it will kill bots because you won't need to buy from them anymore because buying from stores will be easier...but then won't that hurt RC?

Loot sharing? Why do we need this? This game isn't like other games with loot-sharing. In those other games (WoW) you basically make money off of many drops that are not too high in value, but add up. Also, there are many items that bind to you on pickup (aka untradeable). But, in Runescape, boss trips are profitable because of one drop high in value. In a trip to the DKs, its unlikely that you will get enough axes for each person to keep one...and at the KQ, rolling to see who gets a d chain and who gets nothing? This system is stupid because boss drops in Runescape are all garbage and basically worthless compared to the rarest items that they drop.

What I read into that was this:

There will be an infinate stock of runes for example, however they will always be at a close to ridiculous amount of gp per rune.

This would mean that yes, there would be a constant stock of runes for bots/normal players to buy but it would be more expensive to do so compared to buying straight from a Runecrafter who will undoubtably sell runes for below the shop price.

As bots wouldn't be getting cheap runes if bought from a shop, they would have to sell their runes at a stupid price back to players, who in turn will prefer to buy from Runecrafters selling runes at a more reasonable price.

In essence the idea is to make it so players can no longer buy cheap runes at a shop and re-sell them to other players. Only players with lots of money to buy their magic levels would use the shops.

Quite simple really. :|

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

You see, Vannaka is a little defensive of his existing d̮̩̉̉cor and, as he can wield a two-handed sword in one hand, we don't want to question him too much...

Means something? Probably not.

Apart from that, october looks ordinary.

For the Halloween event, both grim reaper hood and boom got tied.. But, the hood got like 300 more votes >.>

2480+ total

I'm confused about this new loot sharing idea, personally I wouldn't take anyone along to DKs or KQ if I thought they would steal rare drops from me. I guess I'll have to wait and see how it pans out, it might be a nice little addition afterall.

You see, Vannaka is a little defensive of his existing d̮̩̉̉cor and, as he can wield a two-handed sword in one hand, we don't want to question him too much...

For the Halloween event, both grim reaper hood and boom got tied.. But, the hood got like 300 more votes >.>

It means nothing except to say that the dungeon updates are not yet ready. They planned to release them back in August, but something came up.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Has nobody thought that Jagex may change the prices the general store buys items for and thus the high alchemy price.

You may find that they 'fix' yew longbow prices so as to hinder inflation.

How is changing the shop value of an item the inflation? They never said anything about the high alch price.

High alk formula = 1.5x the price the shop will buy an item for with 0 in stock.

If they lower the amount the shop buys item for this means less gold comes into the game from high alchemy, thus it will slow down the rate of inflation.

Be warned, however: this quest's bark is worse than its bite.

In other words: 'Though this quest has potential? You wish, NOOB QUEST!'

Loot sharing looks nice, but the other updates make the Solitaire look appealing.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

This month's quest brings us to the continuing tale of Ardougne's favourite bachelor, Lord Francis Handelmort. Recent break-ins to his mansion (Tribal Totem) have left him without a showpiece for his next dinner party, so he has ordered a Karamjan jade vine after looking at some "artists' impressions" in the G.A.G newsletter. Can you help retrieve a cutting? Large over-ground mazes, giant ants and some really funny content all await for those with a penchant for all things tropical. Your prize will be similar in nature to the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅTears of GuthixÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Å minigame, with repeatable rewards specific to two skills (not just Farming) while being a lot less wet. Be warned, however: this quest's bark is worse than its bite.

PUPPY!!

I can't find the puppy following the person in the KB anymore :'(

I want that quest..actually i want a dog in rs..but if that quest can bring it to me, i want it :ohnoes:

35b9enp.jpg

I look very much forward to that shop update, but I also look forward to the haloween event of this year. I hope that this year's event will be better than last year's one though...

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

im liking what im hearing about this month although the shop thing is ona knife edge for me.They really need to nail what prices items should be when sold to a shop and i also want to see what items they have as infinite piles(buckets will help with ectoing).

i think the quest will unlock a minigame which is a waterfall rather tan a trickle but the water raises random skills rather than the lowest :-k its ok but im so peeved that where getting teh grim reaper hood and not the broom.

tifsdac6mc.gif

I'm very glad that there are no worthwhile updates this month.. Mostly cause i'm grounded till Halloween. \' yay. I hope i'll be able to get the event though.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

It means nothing except to say that the dungeon updates are not yet ready. They planned to release them back in August, but something came up.

we never know

2480+ total

Shop price sounds interesting. As long as they don't drastically change the prices of nature runes I have no problem with it.

Interesting month. It seems the people who are disappointed are not concerned by any of the updates

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I'm looking forward to edgeville the most. I'm guessing JaGex DO know that it is one of the most used places throughout RuneScape and especially for us Tip.Iters.

The Sharing thing to Clan Chat is kinda lame, I think that a system where a Leader (or w/e) chooses who to share the items with (so they can be sold etc.)

edit:

this quest's bark is worse than its bite.
Hmm i wonder what this could mean?

Bulldog....

bulldogse1.gif

Anyone else think so?

Nice! Finally some original thinking in this thread =]

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

Ahhh Finally Edgeville gets its make over! <3:

Loot Sharing? I wonder how it will work? What happens if your at KQ and there is a D Chain Drop? Who will get the Chain?

The quest, sounds very interesting ::'

Shop Update, I don't understand how this will stop Bots? It will help them won't it?

Halloween, sounds awesome! I can't wait for it! ::'

Phaper_Plane.png

If they do make the shop prices HIGHER than what the player prices are, that would just be stupid. Then nobody would buy from shops, so the demand for player made natures would skyrocket. This would then increase the player price of natures until they were at least as much as it costs to buy them from the store, defeating the purpose of making the shop price higher. If Jagex does this, I'm afraid I would have to question why I am giving my 5 dollars a month to these people who have no sense about them.

If the price of nats is, say, 50gp lower, then many people STILL aren't going to buy natures at the store right away. I, for one, cannot be bothered trying to buy runes, in the quantity I need them, from a store. This will still increase the demand for nature crafters and thus increase the price. However, as this price starts to rise, more and more people will be willing to buy their natures from the store, thus lowering the demand for nature crafters and lowering the player price for natures. As this price gets lower, more and more of the people who are store buyers will switch over to player buying since the price is closer, then this will increase the demand for player made....well...I think you get the drift.

Also, why should I not complain about the group loot system? I know it's an optional thing, but it still is disappointing to see Jagex work on something that nobody is going to use. Really, can anyone think of a situation in which group loot would be useful? Don't say randomly generated scenarios, because that doesn't exist yet, and I make my judgments based on what is actually in the game...

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Ahhh Finally Edgeville gets its make over! <3:

Loot Sharing? I wonder how it will work? What happens if your at KQ and there is a D Chain Drop? Who will get the Chain?

The quest, sounds very interesting ::'

Shop Update, I don't understand how this will stop Bots? It will help them won't it?

Halloween, sounds awesome! I can't wait for it! ::'

Maybe it could be random (risk basically) to who it goes to, it will be interesting to see

They maybe a manual function to this system .maybe...

And for those who assume items like Runes are going to be infinate...

you will find infinite stock of various key items.

Buckets..spades..and maybe fruit for super compost.

If they did to infinity amount of Runes for the shops..

tweaking the prices so this doesn't unbalance other aspects of the game.

Either soild costs..for example..400 each for nats as mentioned.

:-k

I actually think that SELLING items (nats for example)..the shop will buy for like 300 EACH...and sells for 310 maybe..that would be a good idea. Or other costs.

October dosen't seem all that exciting. The update I think will be the best is the shop thing. I don't know how it will effect the market, but I do know it will be much more convenient now when buying wf vials at shilo, and other things like.

The "bark is worse than its bite" does seem to imply that they might be adding dogs as pets, but then again it could just be Jagex teasing us because of all of the recent speculation surrounding the bulldog.

This month seems disappointing. The only update that interests me is the quest, which will likely be geared towards level 80s. The loot sharing is of little interest to me, because all members of my clan are trustworthy people and we all share any KQ/GWD loot worth over 1m anyway, regardless of who actually gets the drop. The halloween update will be crap, because chances are, the hood won't cover one's face. Even if it does, it's still unoriginal. I hate GC polls. :evil:

How the [bleep] does the shop update help? The bots will just jack up the prices higher than the shop prices, resulting in another calamity like with P ess. Jagex is [bleep]ing stupid. :boohoo: I'd say this update will cause another wave of Falador Riots.

td2sig.jpg