1 October 2007 - Behind the Scenes - October

bored321

I think this has bee mentioned, but I'll say it anyway.

Jagex isn't trying to stop the bots with this upcoming shop update.

But...

They are trying to stop bots ruining the experience for players when they want to buy from the general store.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really hoping we get infinite battlestaves from stores. That would truly be amazing (begins to horde air orbs)

+1000

I had already thought of that and will keep my fingers crossed. Even though I hardly play anymore, I used to like making B staves.

Though that buying the stave-part was rather anoying. This will create a new way to craft with profit and have fun :-w

As for the Buy-x, no such thing will come. As for the bots making a profit. The only people who will buy over the shop price will be people to lazy to actually click a lot of time buying it from the shop. Though, they will hardly pay any overprice. Perhaps 1-2%, which on most bulk products adds up, but isn't that much. 20k on 1M ain't that much.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Shop update will be great.

Currently nats are 300ea from another player. All Jagex needs to do is set the shop price to 500. Autoers will not pay 500 for something they can only sell on for 300. Even if the shop price is 300. Autoers will make no profit so won't bother with it. However I am sure the price will be higher so rc's do not lose out.

All these people ranting about how this will effect the economy need to think about it fully.

A player has 2 choices:

1. Buy from another player for 300ea

2. Buy from the store for 500ea

1. Costs you 300k and the runecrafter isn't losing out.

2. Costs you a whopping 500k.

Only people who lose out are the bots mass buying and the players who buy from shops. However as Jagex state in the Development Diary shops are meant as a high priced alternative for makeable items. People who make items should not sell them to a shop and expect profit. For example unstrung bows, look at how many people exploited the Charter Ship bug. Currently the more you sell, the less you get. Jagex never wanted players to sell in bulk to a shop for profit.

The main worry I have is the high alchemy price. In theory this is based on general store price so if shop prices change, does too the high alchemy price? If chisels are 400ea in the new shop would we be able to alch them for profit? I would imagine Jagex will keep them low (who would waste money on infinite chisels when they will always be infinite) but what about other items, such as plate bodies and dragon hide items?

Also the shop price will be max price. Say nature runes are 500ea at shop. The player price will rarely raise above this. Only possible scenario I can think of is people desparate for laws. This is surely a good thing, especially with the iminent release of blood rune crafting.[/b]

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I honestly don't know why anyone thinks this update will do anything towards stopping the bots. Wake-up call: they own an oligopoly on the runestone business, so if Jagex raises the shop price, the bots will just raise their prices. In the end, we the players lose big time and the bots profit heavily, JUST LIKE WITH PURE ESSENCE. Jagex is daft.

Or... you could buy from the shops for the same, set-in-stone amounts that the bots have to pay for them.

The only people who should be complaining about this update are botters.

Unless they add further options than "Buy 10" (such as Buy 100 or doubtfully, Buy X) then this really solves nothing. I don't know about you, but I don't want to sit in a shop buying 20k cosmics or chaos 10 at a time.

They did say it was meant to be a fast but expensive alternative. You can hardly call buying them 10 at a time fast, can you? :roll:

Only thing I buy from shops in bulk is vials and water filled vials. This will suck if vials are 200ea from the shop but I could always make my own glass.

Currently glass is 1k each. Even with superheat glass, average cost per glass is still very expensive, it won't benefit you at all should the price be that way. :|

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.