OMG - left half is worth nothing!!!

Cryptogram

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The right half alone in the Legend guild shop is 750k,

so he is saying that if you get a left half drop you make no profit since the whole shield is 750k anyway

Lol so if I get a left half as a drop, I should just leave it on the ground, since it's literally worth nothing anyway. :lol:

But pretty much everyone will pick it up anyway.

Really strange...

I remember when dragon squares were worth 5.5m. :(

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

The right half alone in the Legend guild shop is 750k,

so he is saying that if you get a left half drop you make no profit since the whole shield is 750k anyway

Lol so if I get a left half as a drop, I should just leave it on the ground, since it's literally worth nothing anyway. :lol:

But pretty much everyone will pick it up anyway.

Really strange...

I remember when dragon squares were worth 5.5m. :(

That's not even that long ago.

Both of my shield halves came when they are 6M+, first one at 7.5M second at 6M. Haven't had one for a long long time now.

Maybe people are just trying to buy at a price which isn't the current one, but a one that they try to buy for because they want to earn some easy money?

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

people need to understand that the more people gain high levels and play, the more people will be killing monsters that drop rare stuff, which causes more 'rare' stuff going around which results prices going down

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

people need to understand that the more people gain high levels and play, the more people will be killing monsters that drop rare stuff, which causes more 'rare' stuff going around which results prices going down

Put to the point the rare drops are only good to alk?

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the price jump and drop a few k constantly now it's seemingly worth alk'ing half shield drops...

The reason it's become really, really cheap, is because there is a shield with better defensive stats, a spec and 7 strength bonus and a shield giving attack bonuses and strength bonus.

Left half might be rarer, but alot of monsters drop it, instead of the visage, which only the dragons drop.

tipitavatarnb0.jpg

..Just my luck..

Agreed. I managed to sell mine for 775k. So basically a 25k profit for one of the rarest drops in the game. Pretty disappointed about that.

Maybe Jagex should discontinue the item... it'll shoot up in price then lol. Yeah, like that'd happen eh?

Harrington.gif

And to think this was the most coveted and most expensive item on Runescape... Ah well, times change and people get greedier. :P

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Yeah I've noticed the steep drop in D Squares too, realistically they should have made the D SQ the shield that you attach a Visage to, it would have saved the prices of the half and also would have restored a bit of its glory. Because now no one does Legends for the shield that 'was'. Obsidian Shield is better at the moment, +5 strength in exchange for a little defence.

brontay.jpg

Al+Bronte.png

i have never have gotena left half but i know they are rare drops, i also know that lvl 20 monsters drop them so why r they so expencive

and remember slaughter is just laughter with a "s" in front of it.=)

I predict we're getting a shiny red kite for christmas. :wink:

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

I agree that its a bit sad that the Dragon Square Shield and its peices have come down to this. Personally, I think that the Draconic Visage should've been added to the Dragon Square in order to turn it into the Dragon Kite, while having all of the Dragonfire Shields current properties.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

just because people are buying them for that does not mean people will sell them for that, i could go and say buying blue phat 4mil.....doesnt mean the price has gone down

Like he said. The actual price is about 1mil for the shield. Still, that isnt very much for such a rare drop.

limdog.png

i believe at one point d squares cost 22m each, i cant remember clearly, but i do remember buying one for 14m, i think it was in 2004 or 2005.

dragon is obsolete, we have barrows, third age, bandos, dragonfire shields, defenders, and, ironically, the best of this armour (barrows) is the cheapest.

this is runescape we're talking about, it never made sense. :wink:

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.

got my second half shield last nite off of abbies. Made it into a square and threw it into bank. Looks pretty with my full drag when slaughtering trees, but thats about all its good for as I prefer str stat boosting items.

Off topic: got d legs from steel on slayer task, and d skirt from irons the next task all yesterday. So in one day slaying, over 6 tasks, got three drag drops *huggz slayer*. woot <3: :XD:

backon topic, I did sell my last square, back when they were like 1.8 mil, this one, i'll just keep for posing purposes :roll: sad that as rare of a drop as these are....they are worthless. Be nice if they upgraded them by just adding +5 str bonus to them. Make them an item to have, good def and same str bonus as Tz-haar shield and so easy to get rune defender. Now that would make sense. Maybe I'll suggest it to Jagex on official site

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

just because people are buying them for that does not mean people will sell them for that, i could go and say buying blue phat 4mil.....doesnt mean the price has gone down

exactly those r just noobs trying to get a cheap bargain

chippypktry2.png

Member of 100+ Korrupted Fury

cuz im always getting them as drops......i sell em for 450k ea in w6 or w9 since w2 cammy spot is kinda dying and its bcoming fally park now......sell em there there more expensive

chippypktry2.png

Member of 100+ Korrupted Fury