Ranged ~ New Cheap Methods (Discussion/Research) *40k xp/hr*

mugged99

will the difference between bronze knives n bone bolts be so big if i train on higher level monsters like blue drags?

i am level 78 range

well at ur range lvl, and the fact that blue dragons have a nice def id use bone xbow...cuz of the extra accuracy

once ur lvl 90 i dont think it matters and u can go bronze knifes easily

but then again its hard to say, test it out urself. \'

Nah, crossbows are still better on dragons than knives, even in the 90s <.<

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly, you only get 2xp per hit in PC not 4. So if you got about 330 hits there is no way you could get over 1k xp in game.

If I remember correctly, you only get 2xp per hit in PC not 4. So if you got about 330 hits there is no way you could get over 1k xp in game.

yes i know, but i also factored in the points that you get from winning a game. Obviously you didn't read thoroughly or simply didnt understand. #-o

Results: (played 2 successful games) 1485 xp in game (thats 345.5 damage average) + 8 points in 4:56 from start of 1st game to end of 2nd game

Right <.<

Results: (played 2 successful games) 1485 xp in game (thats 345.5 damage average) + 8 points in 4:56 from start of 1st game to end of 2nd game

Right <.<

like i said you didnt read correctly, notice i said i played 2 games, thats 1485 xp in game counting both games hitting an average of 345.5 in game in both games and getting 8 points for those 2 games. ::'

Right <.<

like i said you didnt read correctly, notice i said i played 2 games, thats 1485 xp in game counting both games hitting an average of 345.5 in game in both games and getting 8 points for those 2 games. ::'

I'm seeing things :shock:

Thanks for pointing that out.

I'd also like to mention that you should add a section for F2P with the new range updates. Ex. Bronze arrows/bolts at Fortress Guards, Minotaurs, etc. Also not picking up drops.

'd also like to mention that you should add a section for F2P with the new range updates. Ex. Bronze arrows/bolts at Fortress Guards, Minotaurs, etc. Also not picking up drops.

ill keep it in mind, but i know for a fact regular cbow and bronze bolts is going to stink so bad lol \'

only thing that has a chance is bronze arrows

and i gained 93 range, so, ill keep that in mind thnx. :thumbsup:

I always liked kebbit bolts instead. Gives you a chance to train hunter while high-alching, the hunter crossbow fires insanely fast, and from what I remember reading ordinary kebbit bolts were somewhere in between mith and addy arrows.

I always liked kebbit bolts instead. Gives you a chance to train hunter while high-alching, the hunter crossbow fires insanely fast, and from what I remember reading ordinary kebbit bolts were somewhere in between mith and addy arrows.

I completely agree, the hunter crossbow is extremely good; the thing about that though is that the ammo for is not readily available and getting the ammo, the long kebbit [bleep]e anyways isn't very fast. But I agree i like the hunter xbow too, too bad about the ammo -.-. btw the long kebbit bolt is most like the equivalent between addy and rune arrows. Ive tested them before

could you post your equipment becuase i cannot see the picture also thanks for this guide

Ok posted in a second hidden message within the gear hidden message. its not really a guide \'

So If I calculated right, I closed my calculator now but, basically If I sit at the bronze knife seller and buy nearly 578k bronze knifes, I can achieve 99 range with only 8M cash and several hours of my life?

[combat level: 124][skill total: 1,800+][quest points: 260][Mining: ??]

guthan.gifgoodol.gif

AFTER 8 YEARS OF PLAYING - PERM BANNED

neocrosby.png

Go Vegan!

So If I calculated right, I closed my calculator now but, basically If I sit at the bronze knife seller and buy nearly 578k bronze knifes, I can achieve 99 range with only 8M cash and several hours of my life?

wow are you sure you need that many?! Well..also consider ava's accumulator, that should drastically cut down on the loss of knifes maybe bringing it down to 200k or probably less \'

also depends on your range lvl and range attack bonus and things like that, good luck, but yeah your 8m figure is probably some what accurate ::'

You don't need 8M cash if you use PC, you can buy them at intervals since you are getting your cash back.

You don't need 8M cash if you use PC, you can buy them at intervals since you are getting your cash back.
People still train at PC? :lol:

Amazing right :D

Yeah, especially since it's a waste of time now. It was worth it when you could get 100k+/hour, but now, you get like 10k/hour more then if you were training with knives. Plus, PC requires constant clicking, and the rewards are really bad :shame:

Yeah, especially since it's a waste of time now. It was worth it when you could get 100k+/hour, but now, you get like 10k/hour more then if you were training with knives. Plus, PC requires constant clicking, and the rewards are really bad :shame:

It's still somewhat good though. For vets is all still good, even better except for the shields.

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.5/10.

Lol, This is a wonderful method of training range. Easy Exp fast, why not? I support This Guide/Method, It's fantastic.

<3: O'Ducky

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

After you get the XP rate with those, someone should perform the same test with the void ranger set. You'd have significantly less accuracy but way more power, and you would be training on rock crabs which have very little defense, so it wouldn't matter. You'd just be doing more damage. Experiments would be another alternative.

Wish I had a void set to test it out :\

Going on what you are saying, I have void night range armour w/ 82 range and I think that it is pretty good. So far i have mainly used it at blue dragon and black dragons, and I find that it is about as good as black dragonhide with dark gloves, snakeskin boots etc. However from most of the people with 90 or high range I have talked to they think that void night is better. Supposedly at 90+ you get about 5k exp more an hour along with extremely higher hits. I actually saw someone with 98 range and void night armour hitting 20s with rune knives and other extremely high hits.

Getting another sig

[removed]

My 2 bits on range:

bronze knifes max hit 10, best knives/darts max hit 15.

So 46k/hour with bronze = 69k exp/hour with rune knives/dragon darts

Mage short bow 37k/hour for bronze max hit 11 becomes 70k/hour with rune arrows max hit 21

Rune cross bow 26k/hour with bronze max hit 12 becomes 73k/hour with runite bolts (not enchanted) and max hit of 33.

Now try to attack some higher defence monsters and see which stands up with least 0's (rune crossbow of course).

So for : all ranged training = the materials you use.

Rune crossbow with addy bolts on black drag for me = less then 1 minute per drag.

Mage short = 1 minute 20 secs.

Addy knives = 1 minute 40 secs

I wasted way less bolts than knives...

By the way slayer assignments rock for drops: 4 skirts, 1 legs and a visage from Iron drags only for slayer. Oh and you guessed it? I only do slayer with range, I am a softy.

2100+ total 3rd best skiller ever at 99 combat (maybe the best, highest total below 100 cb)

99 Cook 99 Fletch 99 Woodcut 99 Firemaking 99 Range 99 Mage 99 Thief 99 Fish 99 Agility 99 Mining 99 Runecrafting 99 Hp 99 Slayer 99 Smith 99 Hunt 99 Construction 99 Craft 99 Farming

My 2 bits on range:

bronze knifes max hit 10, best knives/darts max hit 15.

So 46k/hour with bronze = 69k exp/hour with rune knives/dragon darts

Mage short bow 37k/hour for bronze max hit 11 becomes 70k/hour with rune arrows max hit 21

Rune cross bow 26k/hour with bronze max hit 12 becomes 73k/hour with runite bolts (not enchanted) and max hit of 33.

Now try to attack some higher defence monsters and see which stands up with least 0's (rune crossbow of course).

So for : all ranged training = the materials you use.

Rune crossbow with addy bolts on black drag for me = less then 1 minute per drag.

Mage short = 1 minute 20 secs.

Addy knives = 1 minute 40 secs

I wasted way less bolts than knives...

By the way slayer assignments rock for drops: 4 skirts, 1 legs and a visage from Iron drags only for slayer. Oh and you guessed it? I only do slayer with range, I am a softy.

thnx for your input on the xp/hour values of the higher level ammo. That ammo is quite expensive though,

as for using the knives on high level monsters, of course the higher range bonus and better range lvl would win, but that it not the point of this thread; the point is getting the most xp from weak monsters using very cheap ammunition.

lucky pl0x drops \'