Fire Cape or Skill Cape?

YokazenoKyoukan

Which would you rather have?

A Skill cape or a fire cape?

I already have a skill cape...2 achievement capes actually but i think i still prefer to have a skill cape if i didnt have one.

Pros to skillcape: You can show off how much you've worked on your character.

Cons to skillcape: Some skills are so easy that you wont get much recognition.

Pros to Fire cape: You can show off that you beat the toughest monster in all of runescape

Cons to fire cape: So many low levels are getting it now so its not much of an achievement.

So i ask again which would you rather have? Fire cape or a Skill Cape?

Ssgoku_012.png

Ssgoku_012.png

ssgoku_012.png

I wouldn't mind another skill cape.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

I think I would have to go for a skill cape, whilst the extra stats on the fire cape would be nice, I think the level of dedication needed for a level 99 skill (even cooking!) outway the few hours to get a fire cape.

The Fire cape is more of a skill cape for the PvP user the combat skill needed in the fire cape is best suited to a player killer..... not sure I want to be like that.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Does it have the same stats?

tough fire cape can't be trimmed so no +pray bonus if I'm right?

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

It honestly depends on what cape it is and if it is trimmed.

If it is fletching, cooking, or firemakeing, you dont really get much respect. And i would choose fire cape.

If it is something like a trimmed mining cape, or a very hard cape to get, i would definatly choose that

old_mage501.png

old_mage501.png

94 Magic achieved on 1/21/07 10:10 am

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=724819 <=My blog

Skill Cape

You can get a fire cape in 1 hour. It takes more than a week for a skill cape.(no lifing Fletching/cooking/theiving/hunter)

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

You can get a fire cape in 1 hour. It takes more than a week for a skill cape.(no lifing Fletching/cooking/theiving/hunter)

I disagree with your logic. To obtain a fire cape, certain skills must be raised to ensure you have a chance of earning that cape. Most MAINS (screw the pures) should have at least 75-80 ranged, high HP (in the 80s) and at least 60 prayer if they want a chance at the fire cape (assuming they have never tried for a fire cape before hence the exclusion of pures). After they achieve those stats (which may take weeks of training), they must LEARN how to get up to Jad (53 or so waves, I forgot) and then DEFEAT Jad. To do this, most people check up and review guides, and this detracts a few hours of your time, reading these guids on such things like distracting the healers, or learning how to prayer switch. After that they must buy acceptable equipment to be able to actually reach up to and kill Jad. This would include super restore pots, saradomin brews, and other optional items such as Full Guthans, 2 crystal bows, karils crossbow with bolts, purple sweets, etc. When they finally gain possession of these items (costing up to a potential 10m), they must play Fight Caves, defeat all the waves (requiring energy and the utmost concentration from the player), get to Jad and defeat him. Many players report this whole process takes 3 hours to complete, and that's only if you actually defeat Jad. If you screw up at Jad - one teensy second of delay of switching protection prayers is enough to warrant this - you might die. If you do die, that's 3 hours of hard work gone and it required ANOTHER 3 hours of labour to gain the fire cape (if still detemined), not to mention the loss of income from the consumption of your resources (bolts, sara brews, super restores, crystal bow repairs, guthans repairs etc) and the replacement of them.

To obtain a skill cape, I and everyone else concedes, dozens of hours must be put into the skill. However, many skills which are commonly raised to 99, (firemaking, cooking, fletching, strength) only require about two things and that is time and a mouse that functions. You can repeat thousands of clicks on your tinderboxes and logs or on the portals in Pest Control and reach your respective skill to 99, but there is no variety to this (assuming you are power-training), and it doesn't require the same concentration that is essential for Fight Caves.

Oh, and I know I don't have a 99 skill, so you guys don't have to point that out :). I merely wanted to say that Master Smither's analogy is rather dubious.

And, staying on topic, I'd rather have a skill cape. \'

22woger22.gif

22woger22.png

just "a skillcape" is way to broad. I couldn't care less for a cooking cape, but I can't describe how much I want a slayer cape.

I would choose slayer cape, it's the one I'd have the hardest time getting.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I'v always wanted to have a fire cape, it's my dream and I love it. <3:

I got 3 skill capes, but I wear obby cape/pink cape. If I would have a fire cape, I would wear it all the time. I'v died for jad 18 times, so I think I can't get that cape. <.< . I rather would have fire cape, because I got already a few skill capes.

kuvvwl1.jpg