Pures and Honour in the Wild~190+opinions why not add yours?

hbk_hossack

Recently, i went PKing at Edgeville on World 18. I hadn't pked in a few months and since then i'd fogotten about Pures and so called "Honour". While i was out there, i saw a lot of immature pures getting angry with there opponents because they wouldn't lay down and die. Some of the names i heard were-

Defence Noob, to people as low as 10 defence (I'm dead serious)

Prayer Noob, to those who had buried hundreds of bones to get that coveted Protect from Melee Prayer who deserve to be able to use it

Ancient Magic Noob, to players who also have worked hard to get up Ancient Magics

Farcaster Noob, to a mage who attacked with Mage from far away, whcih is simply just idiotic

Safer, which is seriously ridiculous, just because those people are eating food

And finally Smite Noob, one i didn't actually see, but one someone on tip.it chat mentioned, when the people with Smite Prayer have worked EXTREMELY hard to get up to that prayer level that high.

So why do Pures hate people who do all these things? Because all of the above mentioned are ADVANTAGES. Pures are mainly a side account of someone with a rich main who supplies them with the top stuff, and they expect their enemy to just lay down and die. They hate it because they can't simply Ko them. Also, Imo i think pures don't like Defence Noobs, AncientMagic Noobs, Prayer Noobs etc. because Pures had to give up those skills if they want to become a Pure.

And then there's possibly the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard......No Honour Nub! I mean really, there is no "honour" in the wilderness. It is a lawless place where players can simply attack each other. No Rules. What would you rather do, not die and keep all your stuff and get caled a No Honour Noob by a faceless person you will never meet or just lay down and die? What do you think about Pures and these behaviours?

Discuss.

\' Tat

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

huh??

summary?

the honor pkers clain to have is flawed. honor means honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions; making fun of others or yelling at them for something they got for working hard, such as ancient magicks and using it from a distance, is not the definition of honor.

pking is in the wildernes; the "wild". there is no honor in a place in which honor cannot be confined and defined.

in my opinion, if you want honor, go to dueling arena. you can take all the time you want to look up stats, set rules, and whatnot before you start a fight. in the wild, there is no time for this, thus you should not be expected to be held in an honor code.

oh, and if someone calls you a noob, pick out the stupidest thing you can that they are doing/wearing and call them a noob for it. I rarely will wear a cape in the wild because people call me a def noob, so when they call me the def noob i will counter with a witty "cape noob". they usually just give me a "?" and shut up :P

polarbeardaveyz9.png

Don't associate the pures who join clans, and the pures who stay solo. You'll look like an idiot if you think they act the same. ^^

Anyways, pures at edgeville level 1 flame because they feel better, or are arrogant, or in odd cases its their technique. There are respectful pkers, and I come across respectful pkers everyday, so the population is growing. ^_^

Pures who join clans are opened to a new world of pking, and after a few pk trip are quite different in their attitude.

Same old same old, there will be flame in here, same old debates and arguments. -.-

EDIT: Why would I like defence nubs? I can't hit them with my 40 attack when meleeing, however when I'm ranging...

Also make sure they aren't playing around. >.>

So why do Pures hate people who do all these things?

Because they are immature idiots. Why does this surprise you?

There's a reason why most players avoid the wild like the plague it is.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Ah. To help you out a little, you should use the search button. (I nearly got banned once because I didn't =S) - http://forum.tip.it/search.php

And check out the Rant's forum - http://forum.tip.it/viewforum.php?f=66

But, I seriously hate people like that, and also, this is the top reason why I am a Pure Skiller. ::'

I dont need a siggy no moar.

So why do Pures hate people who do all these things?

Because they are immature idiots. Why does this surprise you?

There's a reason why most players avoid the wild like the plague it is.

Because they don't care if the account gets banned, meet them on there mains and they will be different

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely

Because they don't care if the account gets banned, meet them on there mains and they will be different

Believe me, they're still complete arrogant fools on their mains. They brag about their man, then they go on, and brag more!

I dont need a siggy no moar.

If you hate pkers so bad dont use the wilderness, If you dont like the honour code, dont follow it.

I myself have my own honour code and i stick by it, i dont try and force any one else to do it but i like to take pride in the way i pk.

To the person who said honour is for the duel arena, its not honour if you are forced to do it.

coveted Protect from Melee Prayer

people with Smite Prayer have worked EXTREMELY hard to get up to that prayer level that high

Its really very easy to get those prayer levels.

To me the only "no honour" things are pile-jumping, multi-luring, one-iteming, and RC pkilling. Anything else you can and should do, its the wilderness for a reason. Fight fire with fire, if they farcast wear dragonhides, if they pray smite, if you think they'll teleport then tellyblock.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

coveted Protect from Melee Prayer

people with Smite Prayer have worked EXTREMELY hard to get up to that prayer level that high

Its really very easy to get those prayer levels.

To me the only "no honour" things are pile-jumping, multi-luring, one-iteming, and RC pkilling. Anything else you can and should do, its the wilderness for a reason. Fight fire with fire, if they farcast wear dragonhides, if they pray smite, if you think they'll teleport then tellyblock.

If they protect melee and you smite, they take half damage whilst you take full damage, and they can just chug prayer pots or super restores.

I just walk out if some one uses protect prayers and im not hybriding, if i am hybriding they just signed thier own death certificate.

It seems to be a new trend to say that those pures call other people noobs for _______ reasons because it is an advantage against them. I'd like to know where they get that assumption, surely they can't peek in their brain and know why they say that. It could be because they're frustrated because themselves are not using food/prayer/potions to keep the fight "equal", so if you use them they become angry and feel the fight is not equal anymore. It could be because if you have defence/prayer they know you're not a pure and consider you not worthy of fighting in the wild. It could be to just be nasty, with no hidden intentions. It could be because he doesn't know what else to say.

I find it very ignorant to claim that all pures are immature idiots. Or to claim that you know why they say what they say. Stop trying to put etiquettes on people, human beings are more complex than that. -.-

Threads like this make seem things so much worse than they actually are. I watch edgeville fights sometimes, there's a lot more fights in which the two are decent to eachother than fights in which they are nasty. Either you people are exaggerating, or we aren't talking about the same edgeville.

2480+ total

It seems to be a new trend to say that those pures call other people noobs for _______ reasons because it is an advantage against them. I'd like to know where they get that assumption, surely they can't peek in their brain and know why they say that. It could be because they're frustrated because themselves are not using food/prayer/potions to keep the fight "equal", so if you use them they become angry and feel the fight is not equal anymore. It could be because if you have defence/prayer they know you're not a pure and consider you not worthy of fighting in the wild. It could be to just be nasty, with no hidden intentions. It could be because he doesn't know what else to say.

I find it very ignorant to claim that all pures are immature idiots. Or to claim that you know why they say what they say. Stop trying to put etiquettes on people, human beings are more complex than that. -.-

Threads like this make seem things so much worse than they actually are. I watch edgeville fights sometimes, there's a lot more fights in which the two are decent to eachother than fights in which they are nasty. Either you people are exaggerating, or we aren't talking about the same edgeville.

Theres a place on f2p under the dragon bowl where every one dms, and we are always polite and all pk with honour.

If people cant find respectful fights they arnt trying hard :?

The problem stems from the fact that Runescape Classic had a different combat system. In the old system, there was no "teaming", eating, running, teleporting, and their was no protect from melee. Also, there was the "3 hit rule" that many pures based their stats upon. Nowadays it is much harder to kill someone if they're constantly regaining health, running away from you, effectively using a skill that you didn't train(prayer) against you, or worse, just escaping the battle entirely. Thus the "honor" system was established in order for pking to be more fun. The problem with the honor system is that their is no way to enforce it. Some pures follow it not to be respectful (from you've stated in the original post, it is clear that these people are the opposite of respectful), but as a way for them to get free stuff.

The honor system can be compared to the ancient combat system in Japan- more ritualistic than anything else. When the Mongols invaded Japan, they easily dispatched the Japanese warriors, who were not used to the fighting style of the Mongols. Similarly, people who eat often, run, use prayer, and teleport will easily defeat someone who adheres to the "honor" of pking.

Honor in pking is an admirable thing, but greed on both sides of the issue (wanting free stuff as opposed to keeping your stuff at all costs) makes the system not work. If you desire and "honorable" fight with another, the best way is to use the duel arena, or to make sure that you know your opponent, to make sure that he/she follow the prescribed rules.

Kiss my axe.

THE best rant I've ever read it's 100% true actually!

Pures are only mad because they can't kill you easily as u stated.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

.honor means honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions; making fun of others or yelling at them for something they got for working hard, such as ancient magicks and using it from a distance, is not the definition of honor.

Quite possibly the best thing I have ever read on Tip.It.

=D>

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

.honor means honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions; making fun of others or yelling at them for something they got for working hard, such as ancient magicks and using it from a distance, is not the definition of honor.

Quite possibly the best thing I have ever read on Tip.It.

=D>

+1.

I personally would just ignore whatever they are saying, as you can now simultaneously reveal them as immature, and also destroy them in their main purpose by owning them. Double Whammy \'

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Honor is crap tbh.

I PK how i like, when i like and who i want. Idc who doesn't like it.

Nice rant. :thumbsup:

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Honor is crap tbh.

I PK how i like, when i like and who i want. Idc who doesn't like it.

Nice rant. :thumbsup:

ty :D

ps. ty to master_smither

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

I hate a lot of pkers because of their "honor" system. Now adays honor means that if they don't have a good shot at beating you, then you shouldn't even think about pking. I've been called almost every imaginable type of noob (Once I was called a "combat noob" for having a high combat level). Yes, I eat food. Yes, I pray. Yes, I have a high defense. Yes, I try to win. Personally, I see nothing wrong with trying to win, that's what the other guy is doing to, isn't it. One reason I believe people are so into the honor system is, and this is purely based on my beliefs, the fact they want RuneScape to be like single-player games rather then the mulitplayer game it is. In a single player game, they always win, are always better then the monster, and can just go back to a save point if they lose. Sadly for them, RuneScape is multiplayer, so they can't always win.

It is impossible to exaggerate the unimportance of almost everything.