Pures and Honour in the Wild~190+opinions why not add yours?

hbk_hossack

Don't associate the pures who join clans, and the pures who stay solo. You'll look like an idiot if you think they act the same. ^^

Anyways, pures at edgeville level 1 flame because they feel better, or are arrogant, or in odd cases its their technique. There are respectful pkers, and I come across respectful pkers everyday, so the population is growing. ^_^

Pures who join clans are opened to a new world of pking, and after a few pk trip are quite different in their attitude.

Same old same old, there will be flame in here, same old debates and arguments. -.-

EDIT: Why would I like defence nubs? I can't hit them with my 40 attack when meleeing, however when I'm ranging...

Also make sure they aren't playing around. >.>

You shouldn't call them defence nubs. And if you want to hit them, stop complaining and get your attack up. Honestly.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

huh??

summary?

The first thing that popped into my head.

You need to organize things better, but its the wild, people are stupid and flame for no reason, its been like that for years.

Not much else to discuss.

If you're not replying to that quote, then don't quote. Will be counted as spam.

RU_Insane.png

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support

coveted Protect from Melee Prayer

people with Smite Prayer have worked EXTREMELY hard to get up to that prayer level that high

Its really very easy to get those prayer levels.

To me the only "no honour" things are pile-jumping, multi-luring, one-iteming, and RC pkilling. Anything else you can and should do, its the wilderness for a reason. Fight fire with fire, if they farcast wear dragonhides, if they pray smite, if you think they'll teleport then tellyblock.

It isn't easy to get those levels, unless you're buying B-Bones for 400 ea. :P

RU_Insane.png

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support

Prayer Noob, to those who had buried hundreds of bones to get that coveted Protect from Melee Prayer who deserve to be able to use it

And finally Smite Noob, one i didn't actually see, but one someone on tip.it chat mentioned, when the people with Smite Prayer have worked EXTREMELY hard to get up to that prayer level that high.

Lol?

Please tell me you're joking when you say people work hard for protect melee and smite.

Using a guilded altar (doesn't even have to be your own), it doesn't even take 200 d bones to get protect melee from level 1 prayer. Less than an hour's work. Smite, maybe two.

Maybe it's just me, but walking back and forth from the yanille bank for an hour doesn't count as hard work...

And don't even mention the cost, a couple more hours killing green dragons and you could get those bones for yourself.

Seriously...these topics are ridiculously common. -.-

Yup, pures can't kill you in a lawless place so they come up with some "honour" system which makes it easier for them to get your items...ignore the honour and safe, farcast and def noob to your hearts content, its what i do, and i have to say, it works a treat.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

THE best rant I've ever read it's 100% true actually!

Pures are only mad because they can't kill you easily as u stated.

:D

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

:XD:

Personally, I don't have any personal interest in pures. I'm not one, but I was wayyy back in '03 when I started, because I always research the best stats and characters for pvp in a game before I start one. (Always been that way. Level 70 shadow/disc dwarf priest, Lightning nuke ice/lightning aoe Nephillim channeler, 99/99/75...no matter the game, I go for the best. \:D/ ) Pures in RS2 had just started picking up, and everybody thought they were teh sex. I just started as one because I heard it rocked for pvp. I've never cared for them, and I don't respect them much, either.

Even way back then, when pures were a novelty and names like 3_hit_u and I mahatma I were celebs, the nh system was working strong.

Don't take this as defending pures...personally, I don't care for most of them, especially lately. They've changed a lot. (And I'm sick of 0O0OO0OOO0 and strepooner174 and all the other unoriginal pure names that people think rock.) But the nh system didn't start with a couple level 40s with rune scims and ghostly and granite mauls when they couldn't ko somebody in addy. It started with middle to high level impure pkers that wanted fun...period.

I'm almost certain that 98% of the people that find the nh system stupid have never pked, and would never want to. They yap the old lines - we earned the right to pray when we used those precious 200 dbones on some nice highlevel's altar in an hour one afternoon after gradeschool, if you cant kill us, train def and prayer yourself, blah blah blah. (Just an example of the completely unfounded and [developmentally delayed]ed rhetoric people use. Like the average pker doesn't have protect melee... :roll: Maybe you should check out the hs and see just how many people have that "hard" level 43 prayer.) They have no idea how much "fun" it is when two 110s both put on prots and get nowhere after a 7 1/2 minute fight, or when someone pjs you right after a dm, or whatever.

For crying out loud, if you're going to place blame for something you know absolutely nothing (and keep proving your ignorance, time and time again), you should start accusing the us government of faking the moon landing or whatever. Something that can't be proved otherwise in a couple seconds by anybody with both experience and a brain. It's not fun putting your foot in your mouth... ::'

To me the only "no honour" things are pile-jumping, multi-luring, one-iteming, and RC pkilling. Anything else you can and should do, its the wilderness for a reason. Fight fire with fire, if they farcast wear dragonhides, if they pray smite, if you think they'll teleport then tellyblock.

this is all right !!! and maybee the protect from melee in 1 on 1 in edge :S

something to say about my english grammar ?!?!? , okay , but do it in french !

Personally, I don't have any personal interest in pures. I'm not one, but I was wayyy back in '03 when I started, because I always research the best stats and characters for pvp in a game before I start one. (Always been that way. Level 70 shadow/disc dwarf priest, Lightning nuke ice/lightning aoe Nephillim channeler, 99/99/75...no matter the game, I go for the best. \:D/ ) Pures in RS2 had just started picking up, and everybody thought they were teh sex. I just started as one because I heard it rocked for pvp. I've never cared for them, and I don't respect them much, either.

Even way back then, when pures were a novelty and names like 3_hit_u and I mahatma I were celebs, the nh system was working strong.

Don't take this as defending pures...personally, I don't care for most of them, especially lately. They've changed a lot. (And I'm sick of 0O0OO0OOO0 and strepooner174 and all the other unoriginal pure names that people think rock.) But the nh system didn't start with a couple level 40s with rune scims and ghostly and granite mauls when they couldn't ko somebody in addy. It started with middle to high level impure pkers that wanted fun...period.

I'm almost certain that 98% of the people that find the nh system stupid have never pked, and would never want to. They yap the old lines - we earned the right to pray when we used those precious 200 dbones on some nice highlevel's altar in an hour one afternoon after gradeschool, if you cant kill us, train def and prayer yourself, blah blah blah. (Just an example of the completely unfounded and [developmentally delayed] rhetoric people use. Like the average pker doesn't have protect melee... :roll: Maybe you should check out the hs and see just how many people have that "hard" level 43 prayer.) They have no idea how much "fun" it is when two 110s both put on prots and get nowhere after a 7 1/2 minute fight, or when someone pjs you right after a dm, or whatever.

For crying out loud, if you're going to place blame for something you know absolutely nothing (and keep proving your ignorance, time and time again), you should start accusing the us government of faking the moon landing or whatever. Something that can't be proved otherwise in a couple seconds by anybody with both experience and a brain. It's not fun putting your foot in your mouth... ::'

I only open my mouth to change feet lol :lol:

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

I'm almost certain that 98% of the people that find the nh system stupid have never pked, and would never want to. They yap the old lines - we earned the right to pray when we used those precious 200 dbones on some nice highlevel's altar in an hour one afternoon after gradeschool, if you cant kill us, train def and prayer yourself, blah blah blah. (Just an example of the completely unfounded and [developmentally delayed] rhetoric people use. Like the average pker doesn't have protect melee... :roll: Maybe you should check out the hs and see just how many people have that "hard" level 43 prayer.) They have no idea how much "fun" it is when two 110s both put on prots and get nowhere after a 7 1/2 minute fight, or when someone pjs you right after a dm, or whatever.

Well said, the rs2 honour system was actually created by the HIGHEST lvl pkers on the game, honour originally started on rs2 by the big powers at the time, Damage Inc, Runescape dinasty, Bronxies team (became the devils), Andyracerx's team (some went back to rsc some went to DS), Kind ninjas team. (became the hate crew), Da Trixtas team (became DS).

To say that these people hate prayer and defence becouse they dont have it is stupid..

Most of them were 110-124 combat in a time when the average player was lvl 70, and a lvl 90 was a high lvl.

The fact is these people all HAD defence and prayer, they were the strongest players in the game, and they soon realised that if any one used pray the fun factor of the wilderness plummeted and that it wasnt even worth fighting.

Ditto for teleportation, x logging, ect.

They make the game less fun, if you go into a fight, go in strong, dont go in already admitting defeat by having prayer on and teleport ready.

By having teleports your losing food space, by losing food space your already at a disadvantage, so if you go out fight, lose becouse you had less food then teleport, What did you achieve? the loss of expensive potions and food for both sides and nothing else.

If your not a regular pker dont even comment on the honour system you have no idea what you are talking about.

^^

Great answer. I remember those days, when people got worked up over a spltbark pk. :D Wasn't anywhere near high level back then, but I spent a lot of time on various fansites checking out the pks people made. :lol: That's where the honor system started, not with the pc pure generation.

Bottom line: If you don't pk, don't comment on how pkers relate to each other. If you can count the times you have gone pking in the past 6 months on one hand, then bug off our part of the map or stop complaining.

ok, imagine if you're a pure. you have trained for years and you got lets say 99str 99range.

1. you go to lvl 2 wildy

2. barrows pure att u, and you run

3. you go back

4. barrows pure att u again.

i.e. you are STUCK in non wilderness!!!

safer: i dont really mind safers unless p2p since you HAVE to safe in p2p as ppl do double 20+

ancient magick: nothing wrong w/ that

farcaster: i hate farcasters, imagine you in lvl 1 wildy, getting kiled cuz some1 farcasted you 500 times and you're out of food?

smite: smite is the reason you bring prayer pots to wildy. any1 would want a whip so i dont see a problem w/ smite.

defence noobs: i dont think ppl should bring a full DH to wildy since its impossible to hit, but if its just a full rune they shouldn't be called def nub

i understand how irritating and frustrating against def nubs and safers. i am a pure w/ 5def 90str. it drives me mad, i trained this acc for 1.5 years and my efforts seem to be wasted.

skillll_pure.png

skillll_pure.png

Well what if you had trained an account for 1.5 years and had got 90 defence to be called a defence noob? That would annoy them as well

^^

Great answer. I remember those days, when people got worked up over a spltbark pk. :D Wasn't anywhere near high level back then, but I spent a lot of time on various fansites checking out the pks people made. :lol: That's where the honor system started, not with the pc pure generation.

Bottom line: If you don't pk, don't comment on how pkers relate to each other. If you can count the times you have gone pking in the past 6 months on one hand, then bug off our part of the map or stop complaining.

Yeah i got a d med pk at the mage bank ladder (i was 109 combat so one of maybe 60 people who activally solo pked up there) and yeah i was worked up, i was messaging every one i knew and every one i didnt, lol.

In the current pk system i wouldnt have got that kill becouse i would have been teleblocked and his friends would have tagged me to death.

Things were much simpler when it was a ladder, KO or dont KO, and since i refuse to team with anyone except shefford 3 h1t quit or arch wonder and they have all quit, i myself have been forced to quit couse you cant solo anymore.

I work 12 hours a day 5 days a week anyway, so prolly a good thing.

Also had a mate of mine that got a dmed pk up at mb...he messaged the guy back asking "wtf were you thinking bringing something that valuable into the wildy?" :lol:

I did some pking of my own, but all f2p, usually solo, around deep wildy. Never had members for most of my rs career. Now, soloing pretty much anywhere is a death wish. Oh well.

I've moved on to other games anyway, so I don't bother too much with RS anymore. Main one I'm playing now is a solid pvp mmo - there's no protect prayers or teleporting or xing, pk anywhere, lose your stuff when you die...and people can actually survive.

Just imagine if that system were implemented in RS. :ohnoes: Most people can't even understand that the wilderness was made for killing players, not dragons, and that takes importance when they update it.

Anyway;

ok, imagine if you're a pure. you have trained for years and you got lets say 99str 99range.

1. you go to lvl 2 wildy

3. you go back

safer: i dont really mind safers unless p2p since you HAVE to safe in p2p as ppl do double 20+

farcaster: i hate farcasters, imagine you in lvl 1 wildy, getting kiled cuz some1 farcasted you 500 times and you're out of food?

smite: smite is the reason you bring prayer pots to wildy. any1 would want a whip so i dont see a problem w/ smite.

defence noobs: i dont think ppl should bring a full DH to wildy since its impossible to hit, but if its just a full rune they shouldn't be called def nub

i understand how irritating and frustrating against def nubs and safers. i am a pure w/ 5def 90str. it drives me mad, i trained this acc for 1.5 years and my efforts seem to be wasted.

Honestly, I hate to say something that every skillernub on the planet would jump to say, but you trained your stats, nobody else. I've seen the updates that have taken place over the past several years, and you have to adapt. I have almost no problem killing 80% of the players I meet my level, and yes, I do meet people wearing that "impossible" to hit dh a LOT. It's not hard. I hit through a barrows pure easily. It's called thinking through your stats, not using a cookie-cutter pure set.

You lack the ability to hit through dh. Why does that mean they shouldn't bring it? :lol:

That's like some kid with 54 def with a mix of addy, cw, and ham crying that he gets hit too well by a pure, and nobody should allow pures in the wildy. :roll:

There's no such thing as a def nub. I don't care your def level, I shred it, but then, I have killer stats. (Yes, that is called bragging. No, I don't care.) Your logic right there is why the majority of rs hates pures, as well as misdirects that hate onto pkers in general.

This is a prime example of why this hardcore pvper hates pures.

Prayer Noob, to those who had buried hundreds of bones to get that coveted Protect from Melee Prayer who deserve to be able to use it

And finally Smite Noob, one i didn't actually see, but one someone on tip.it chat mentioned, when the people with Smite Prayer have worked EXTREMELY hard to get up to that prayer level that high.

Lol?

Please tell me you're joking when you say people work hard for protect melee and smite.

Using a guilded altar (doesn't even have to be your own), it doesn't even take 200 d bones to get protect melee from level 1 prayer. Less than an hour's work. Smite, maybe two.

Maybe it's just me, but walking back and forth from the yanille bank for an hour doesn't count as hard work...

And don't even mention the cost, a couple more hours killing green dragons and you could get those bones for yourself.

Whether it took them a couple days or just a few hours o get there lvl up isnt the point, the point is that that person is being called a noob for trainin a skill that was made to be used...

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

1. you go to lvl 2 wildy

3. you go back

i agree with most of that, but the statment about not bringing full DH into the wild because you cant hit anything on them-thats rediculess, next youll be saying we should use only rune weps so we cant kill you...

EDIT: srry for the double post

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

Lol?

Whether it took them a couple days or just a few hours o get there lvl up isnt the point, the point is that that person is being called a noob for trainin a skill that was made to be used...

EXACTLY

Lol?

EXACTLY

They are not being called a noob for training it, they are being called a noob for using it in a 1 on 1 pvp situation where it benifits nobody.

Lets all just go an pray and tele and eat every time we get hit, and see how terrible this game becomes..

The honour code is the only thing that keeps the wilderness going..

Without it all you will be left with will be rc pker, green dragon pkers, and lure teams.

Then lets see what you people preffer, an honour code with pkers that respect each other and hunt each other and NH, or a scum filled wilderness only inhabited by the lowlifes that only hunt skillers.

Becouse thats what will happen without the honour code.

Lol?

EXACTLY

They are not being called a noob for training it, they are being called a noob for using it in a 1 on 1 pvp situation where it benifits nobody.

Lets all just go an pray and tele and eat every time we get hit, and see how terrible this game becomes..

The honour code is the only thing that keeps the wilderness going..

Without it all you will be left with will be rc pker, green dragon pkers, and lure teams.

Then lets see what you people preffer, an honour code with pkers that respect each other and hunt each other and NH, or a scum filled wilderness only inhabited by the lowlifes that only hunt skillers.

Becouse thats what will happen without the honour code.

Hmm so what your saying is Defence doesn't benefit anybody? And that protecting yourself and making sure you don't die is ruining the game? Or do you mean you'd rather just fight idiots who prefer to not eat, tele protect themselves or TRY in anyway to win? The Honour systme is just something Pures try to use to make there lives easier. And you think people who eat, have defence or use prayer as, in your words "lowlifes that only hunt skillers". Yeah, definitely, THOSE are the lowlifes, no the complaining idiot pures :-s

Hmm so what your saying is Defence doesn't benefit anybody? And that protecting yourself and making sure you don't die is ruining the game? Or do you mean you'd rather just fight idiots who prefer to not eat, tele protect themselves or TRY in anyway to win? The Honour systme is just something Pures try to use to make there lives easier. And you think people who eat, have defence or use prayer as, in your words "lowlifes that only hunt skillers". Yeah, definitely, THOSE are the lowlifes, no the complaining idiot pures :-s

People who complain about defence are idiots to be honest.

These pures who you see complaining about defence and saying its not honourable are just idiots, and they have no idea about the honour system.

The real honour system is very complex but ill outline it for you.

Dont pk in junk. (200k+ as a general rule.)

Dont teleport.

Dont use protection prayers in a 1 on 1 fight.

Try not to eat on over half health unless the person your fighting pulls a spec weapon (dds, godsword, d mace) If they pull a spec weapon you are free to eat as much as you want.

Dont pk skillers.

Dont farcast in a 1 on 1 fight.

Dont pile jump.

Sell any items you dont need back to the victim if they request it (I ussually sell back much cheaper then street price).

If some one wants a no armour fight, dont attack them in armour, either fight them no armour or leave them alone.

Dont ever run from a death match.

Most big clans pick and choose between those rules but thats a basic outline of what the honour code is.

And yes protecting yourself ruins the wilderness if your out there to pk, if every one did it it wouldnt be called player killing it would be called player avoiding.

Hmm so what your saying is Defence doesn't benefit anybody? And that protecting yourself and making sure you don't die is ruining the game? Or do you mean you'd rather just fight idiots who prefer to not eat, tele protect themselves or TRY in anyway to win? The Honour systme is just something Pures try to use to make there lives easier. And you think people who eat, have defence or use prayer as, in your words "lowlifes that only hunt skillers". Yeah, definitely, THOSE are the lowlifes, no the complaining idiot pures

How did I, or for that matter any of the pkers that have posted in this thread (excluding the pure <.< ) complain about defence? Give me a break. Honor has absolutely nothing to do with defence. I have defence, and I use it.

And how does the fact that I don't use prayer in 1v1 or teleport mean I don't try to win? :roll: Sure, I don't ruin somebody else's fun as well as both parties' time and money, but that doesn't mean I don't play to win. You read the latest article in the Tip.it times? I'm a perfect example of the competitive player. I don't go into a fight planning - or even expecting - to lose. I go in and either win or die trying. I don't teleport out like some nab or flip on prayer at the first 40+.

Also, just as I pointed out before, the honor code has nothing to do with pures. Don't go down that line of argument, it's already been lost. ::'