The Ultimate Aviansie Slaying Guide

Jordanweb

The Ultimate Aviansie Slaying Guide

Contents

Section 1: What are aviansies?

Section 2: What's so good about aviansies then?

Section 3: Okay, where can i find these creatures?

Section 4: What equipment should i take?

Section 5: Screenshots

Section 1: What are aviansies?

Aviansies are bird-like followers of armadyl that come in levels 69,71,83,89 and 137. Here is a picture:

aviensiefl7.gif

Section 2: What's so good about aviansies then?

Although not many people know about them, they are the fastest way to aquire adamantite bars on your own in runescape.

From my trips i'd say that the rate of aviansies dropping 4 noted adamanite bars is about 1:4, making each aviansie kill worth 2.5k(Excluding supplies)!

Not only do they drop adamantite bars, but they regularly drop rune daggers and crossbow limbs which you can alch for 4.8k and around 10k respectively.

They are also relatively easy to kill, minimum requirements i'd say are:

60 Ranged

40 Prayer

60 Strength or Agility(Potting works and this is only to get past the boulder, neither skills help actually killing the aviansies)

Being past the part where you kill "dad" in the troll stronghold quest

A lot of people have asked how long a trip takes, from my own trips and what other people have told me it takes on average 2-3 hours to use up an inventory of prayer potions. Of course if you want the most accurate time then you'll have to take a trip yourself.

Section 3: Okay, where can i find these creatures?

Aviansies can be found in the south of the godwars dungeon.

To get to the godwars dungeon refer to my map:

mapoe9.png

Make sure to protect from range on the thrower trolls and bring a rope on your first trip so you can get into the dungeon!

Activate protect from ranged and go inside.

Ok, so you're in the dungeon, now just go south till you get to a geyser and then you're in the correct place to start killing aviansies!

Here is a map submitted by Theoknight2 of the correct place:

mapqz6.png

And Dwarven9177 has made a video of one of his trips, including the way he gets there, make sure to

Section 4: What equipment should i take?

This is an ideal setup for killing aviansies, and one that i have used:

lolzfg7.png

If you do not have the requirements for these, use my below equipment guide:

Cape

Trimmed skillcape > God cloak > Ava's Accumulator > Anything

Hat

God Mitre > Neitiznot Helmet > Initiate/proselyte Helmet > Anything with a ranged bonus

Monk robe top, anyone can wear it.

Legs

Armadyl Legs > Black dragonhide/3a Ranged > Penance Skirt > Red dragonhide Legs

Boots

Ranger boots > White boots > Snakeskin boots > Bandos boots

Shield

Zamorak Book > Guthix Book > Saradomin Book > White Shield

Gloves

Barrows Gloves > Your best dhide vambraces > White Gloves

Ring

Archer Ring > Ring of Life (Some people take a ring of wealth however i personally don't recomend it)

Amulet

God Stole > God symbol > Amulet of Fury > Glory amulet

Bow & Bolts

Rune xbow + Emerald (e)/Addy/Mith bolts > Bone Xbow + Bolts > Any good ranged weapon

Remember: You must take a saradomin and a zamorak item(monk robes do not count as a saradomin item), taking an armadyl pendant is a waste of your amulet spot as an armadyl item really isn't needed.

Inventory Essentials:

Around 100 nature runes (high alch)

Around 500 fire runes/Fire staff (high alch)

Runes/Item for teleporting out

Climbing boots if you're going on the Non-trollheim tele path

2 law runes and 2 fire runes if you're going on the trollheim tele path

Prayer Potions

I'd recomend taking atleast 15 4 dose prayer potions if you want a good trip, but ideally you should take as many as you can fit into your inventory.

Here is an inventory setup i have used and found to be quite good:

mmmkrm4.png

If you don't have the holy wrench replace it with another prayer potion and instead of taking the addy bar/coin placeholders you can take another 2 prayer potions but you may find yourself struggling to find space for drops early on in the trip.

A Tip

Look out for aviansies that are being attacked by zamorak creatures(Goraks, fiends, bloodvelds etc) and deal a few damage on them then return to the aviansie you were previously killing. You will get the drops of that aviansie from only 2 seconds of attacking it, using this tip you will improve your trip killcount by possibly hundreds!

Note: You can only kill aviansies with ranged or magic, melee will NOT work!

Section 5: Screenshots

[hide=Screenshots - Click to view]

One of my trips:

trip7nu1.png

[hide=Some trips of people who have used my guide]

I don't update this any more, if you want your picture removed report this thread saying so.

Walka92:

avains.jpg

Geesch:

j5w8cj.png

Ye Oldslayer:

ftwhf9.jpg

I Am King77

aviansiestrippn0.png

verygoodtripaviansiescl0.png

Garados

aviansky3.png

avians2dh9.png

Redsoxfan293

aviansiesqy0.png

Salad170

7x9nzvq.jpg

Daaajwilownu

aviansietripyu8.png

45674567h

firstrun.jpg

2ndrun.jpg

[/hide]

[/hide]

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice guide :) . I'll definately give these guys a go later on. But may I suggest adding the approximate ranged exp/h and the approximate number of Addy Bars attained in an hour? Other than that, I can't wait till its finished.

sig-4504.jpg

^ Refresh for a new signature ^

090125180013cc9.png

Nice guide :) . I'll definately give these guys a go later on. But may I suggest adding the approximate ranged exp/h and the approximate number of Addy Bars attained in an hour? Other than that, I can't wait till its finished.

Yeah i'll add those in tomorrow maybe.

is it worth having like monks top/bottom and black d hide bottom/top instead? i'm not a pure but im worried about spending too many prayer potions. Also, dont you have to use a mithril grappling hook to get into place?

Yes actually it is worth it doing that, aslong as you can keep your ranged bonus good.

Could I efficiently kill them with only 1 god item (unholy book)? I want to bring max ranged gear. Would the saradomin or bandos monsters interfere with my aviansie slaying if I don't wear an item of their gods, or are there spots where there are no other monsters but aviansie?

Nice guide, thanks. :)

22woger22.gif

22woger22.png

+1 :mrgreen:

kingtut3.png

Cool guide! The GWD looks chaotic though.

Maybe you should list some items that you should wear to stop different monsters from attacking?

And also, why bone cbow+bolts? Why not rune cbow and good bolts?

Bone bolts are very cheap, and yet they are faster then other corssbows and they hit quite high.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

Dont u have to wear amardyl amulet to not get hit by all armadyl followers?

Since he's attackign them they'll attack him anyways. He might as well get protection from sara out of it and besides he's prayer range the wont hit him.

Sprite-2.jpg

519881548elmosotw.jpg

Since he's attackign them they'll attack him anyways. He might as well get protection from sara out of it and besides he's prayer range the wont hit him.

Yea, but there are mages around, and they will hit u eventually even though u wear karils or dragonhide

Yea, but there are mages around, and they will hit u eventually even though u wear karils or dragonhide

That's the reason why you take a sara symbol. >.>

Nice!

9.9/10 (your first pic is broken <.< )

I get a $$$ feeling just looking at 400 addy bars

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

To all of those haters....

If you think i have lowered the price of addy bars, i'd like to see some proof of people selling bulk addy bars for less than 3k each and i'd like to see some proof that it was caused by something i did.

That is all.