The Ultimate Aviansie Slaying Guide

Jordanweb

Great guide, but I've got a bit of a problem. I'm 74 range and 60 prayer.I go there with 20 p pots, and a +16 prayer bonus and a +97 range bonus. I get out with around 200 bars and around 90k cash from alchables. I see other people getting 300 - 400 bars and 150k cash with the same set up and stats as me. I'm killing them near the entrance to the headquarters. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great guide, but I've got a bit of a problem. I'm 74 range and 60 prayer.I go there with 20 p pots, and a +16 prayer bonus and a +97 range bonus. I get out with around 200 bars and around 90k cash from alchables. I see other people getting 300 - 400 bars and 150k cash with the same set up and stats as me. I'm killing them near the entrance to the headquarters. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

you would be better off if you go south down by the geyser (sp?). it is in the south end. i went there with 75 range and 66 prayer and came out with not very much in comparison to others too. i tweaked my setup a bit and plan to go tomorrow. if i get the same result, i guess its just my luck, or lack of.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

Just went on my first trip using this guide, it was awesome.

I took 15 prayer pots, and ended up with a clue scroll, 4 ranarrs, 6 cadantines, 2 kwuarms, 148k cash and 272 addy bars.

Yeah, quite a low amount of bars... the drop rate came out at approximately 1:6 for me, maybe I was just unlucky. :-k

Still, the cash and ranarrs alone more than paid for the prayer pots so the bars are pure profit. :thumbsup:

I'll be going again soon for sure, just gonna tweak my gear a bit.

Oh, I gained 74,592 exp too.

i think there could be a couple adjustments made to the set up in order to maximize bonuses. i think swapping the holy symbol with a stole, d hide top for monk top, and d hide bottom for monk robes might be able to get a higher kill count which would lead to more bars and drops. The monk bottoms give 1 less prayer than the top, but the extra 15 range bonus added with the top makes up for it. also, the stole gives 10 to prayer.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

if i replace the zamorak book for an guthix(or sara say what to do best) book what ammy should i wear then ? holy or unholy

thanks

oh and what is that last thingy in this pic ?

omged4.png

Take a sara book and unholy symbol.

It is a Holy Wrench, if you don't have one just take another p pot.

5/10, not enough detail

That is one thing that bothered me; I was worried about going there the first time through because of the many questions that went unanswered, plus the many things that were not explained well enough or the lack of focused maps for areas, such as WHERE to go (although stated in the guide, some of us prefer having an actual picture of where to go rather than bland directions). It is nerve-wrecking to try to attempt this on the first run due to the lack of detailed instructions, but later on it diminishes. I believe more people would be willing to go through this if you just went into more detail about all aspects of the trip, rather than just what to bring (and even then, it could still be explained in more detail).

5/10, not enough detail

That is one thing that bothered me; I was worried about going there the first time through because of the many questions that went unanswered, plus the many things that were not explained well enough or the lack of focused maps for areas, such as WHERE to go (although stated in the guide, some of us prefer having an actual picture of where to go rather than bland directions). It is nerve-wrecking to try to attempt this on the first run due to the lack of detailed instructions, but later on it diminishes. I believe more people would be willing to go through this if you just went into more detail about all aspects of the trip, rather than just what to bring (and even then, it could still be explained in more detail).

i have to agree the first time i went i was wondering y on earth i might be risking 200k-300k. I kept wondering if i was gonna go down there and get 1 shot by some unknown monster. At the same time less ppl down there means more bars for the rest of us. :wink:

This is my preferred setup:

Pqxiqdr.jpg

It's a bit expensive but I'm thinking it's one of the best there are.

[img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/pianist4/sig.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/pianist4/GrilledCat1.png[/img]
[img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/pianist4/siggygangsterpiano.jpg[/img]

I have been trying this for the past couple of days and it's been working great. Been looking to train Range and Smithing and this a great way for both. Few things I discovered:

1) Since your outfit is a mix/match of Range and Prayer gear, it would probably be best to have a chart of the available options and their Range/Prayer Bonus to help people make the best outfit they can. Small bonuses can make a big difference since these are long trips.

2) You should note more about the Runes they drop. They drop 15 Air Runes, 30 Waters, and 11 Bloods at a time (not sure how many Natures and Chaos). These may sound small, but they add up. Most trips I leave with about 100 Bloods, 1000 Airs and 1500 Waters. At store prices, that's about an extra 100Kgp.

3) They occasionally drop 5 Swordfish. When I get these drops, if the Aviansies are not aggressive, I attack the lower leveled ones with no prayer until I use up all the fish.

4) There doesn't seem to be any difference in drop rate between the different level Aviansies so it's best just to stick with the lower leveled ones.

5) As long as you get a single hit in on a monster, you will get the drop when that monster dies (as long as no other player attacks that monster). Several Zammy monsters attack the Aviansies (Pyrefiends, Bloodvelds, Goraks, etc) so if you find an Aviansie getting owned by a Zammy monster, get one shot in on the Aviansie, move on, and come back to collect your drop. Also, you can do this with some of the surrounding monsters, depending on your Slayer level. Some of the best are:

Bloodvelds - The Aviansie kill these guys pretty quickly and they drop Fire Runes, Blood Runes, and Rune Meds.

Spiritual Warriors - These guys don't die as often, but almost all of their drops are alchable, and they drop Rune Longs, Halberds, and Kites.

Spiritual Mages - These guys are often fighting with Werewolves. They drop small Runes quantities, but they drop the occasional Dragon Boots. Be careful with these guys because if you attack them when they are not fighting another monster, they will attack you and they can hit for 20+.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

Actually on second thought:

aVubtO0.jpg

Still expensive but on other peoples experiences monks bottoms with d hide top are better then monks top with d hide bottoms.

[img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/pianist4/sig.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/pianist4/GrilledCat1.png[/img]
[img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/pianist4/siggygangsterpiano.jpg[/img]

Great guide...just one problem...theres no guide on how to camp there...which i think (for higher levels with bones to peaches) is possible...using this setup

0campingqc3.png

This means no prayer pots \' and you can stay there for as long as you want :thumbsup:. Also sara bracers mean there is no need for holy ammy so you can have your glory giving that nice +10 range :lol:

You go there as normal, use prayer til you either run out or they stop attacking you (+11 isnt great but its still something) and once they have stopped attack you just pick on the lv 69, 71 and 83s which dont hit often on high enough defence.

Ill update this in a while once iv seen if this works - im 99 def 86 range

Also if you use lava staff then theres no need for earth staff and fire runes saving invo space :XD:

EDIT: This does work although i advise you take 2 prayer pots so you can keep protect from range on while they are aggressive. Even with the low range offensive it still hits often. With this setup the attractor does not work though. The better setup would be black hide body instead of torags body and torags helm instead of neitiznot helm. I wouldnt try this unless you have 90 def 80 range though as they can hit a lot.

Also seeing how well MSB and bronze arrows work :-w

Bone bolts are a bit slower but hit much more often and harder and they are cheaper

coza17.png