nitram99

NEW BOSS MONSTER - Arch Arachnid Mother (AAM) - Revised

Hiya. :P I already gave my input, and of course, you can add me to that nice shiny list. :D

No voice outsings the serpents flawed, euphoric hiss.

Thanks Mensilator, and I have added you to the supporters list too now, as you whished \'

How to battle the fact that bosses only can have 255 HP Max

As some of you have noticed boss-monsters can only have 255 HP maximum. And if you wish to make a boss-monster there is some ways you can battle this fact. Either, like the Kalphite Queen, make the boss have 2 or more forms, as the first form has 255 HP and then the second form has another 255 HP so in total the boss-monster has 255+255 = 510 HP. Another way is to make the boss-monster's defence much better so that the players battleing it can't hit so often and not for so much damage, then the 255 HP will last longer and the boss-monster will be hard to kill, even with "only" 255 HP. A third way is to make the boss-monster have many parts, each with its' own HP, and that players have to kill all parts to get the kill of the boss-monster.

The way I went with AAM is the second option. As AAM can't have more than 255 HP and I don't want to make it have 2 seperate forms and I don't want it to have several parts that all has to be killed to get a boss-monster-kill I make the boss monster's defence better so that players neither hit it so often nor for so much damage.

This will make AAM live longer and be harder to kill which makes it a better and more fitting boss-monster in my own opinion.

Sir_Nitram99.png

8 skills at 99: Herblore - Farming - Cooking - Firemaking - Woodcutting - Fletching - Magic - Crafting

Revised the whole format and re-wrote the introduction text as well as changed the droplist and created new unique and special drops from the boss-monster. Also added a new segment called "Creator's Notes" where I explain why things are like this and that and some additional notes on how I think the boss-monster would be played.

So please read through this idea again as the first post is totally new, and give comments, criticism and thoughts on it.

Sir_Nitram99.png

8 skills at 99: Herblore - Farming - Cooking - Firemaking - Woodcutting - Fletching - Magic - Crafting

On the 255 HP cap, Bork has 300, and the Corporeal Beast has 2000.

So, you could probably even make it have over 9,000! Don't, though, it's fine where it is.

Overall, great idea. Support.

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

So, you could probably even make it have over 9,000! Don't, though, it's fine where it is.

No Jagex increased their cap.

Easy on the text size there.

Easy on the text size there.

Yeah, same.

I was reading and the text kept getting larger. And the walls were getting smaller And then my vision faded And then I passed out.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Hm, that size problem seems to be a Firefox problem as I can't see anything wrong with the text size and it doesn't get bigger and bigger as you read. I friend of mine in the clan I'm on had the same problem with a post I posted in our clanforum and he was using Firefox and he experienced the same problem/error as you mention here.

It looks perfectly fine using Internet Explorer.

Sir_Nitram99.png

Hm, that size problem seems to be a Firefox problem as I can't see anything wrong with the text size and it doesn't get bigger and bigger as you read. I friend of mine in the clan I'm on had the same problem with a post I posted in our clanforum and he was using Firefox and he experienced the same problem/error as you mention here.

It looks perfectly fine using Internet Explorer.

That is strange.

Didnt the boards get re-formatted since this was made?

I looked through the code tags and it looks like everything is in order.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

So not your fault then. Ok, sorry. I would contact an admin about this though.

No Jagex increased their cap.

This is precisely the point I was attempting to make. Basically, you've underlined the main point of my comment, so thanks ::'

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

I think the drops need to be toned down a bit, right now they are better than the gwd boss drops.

otherwise it is a viable suggestion.

(also, somebody said something about the archeology skill, thats a good idea)

2Xeo5.png

Ok, thanks for the comments first of all.

About the drops: Thanks for sharing thoughts on them as I'm not shure on how to balance drops so I will try tone them down a bit.

About the wierd textsize when using Firefox: I will try to inform some form of Tip.It forum crew member that deals with these technical matters of the forum and see if this is a known problem for them or something.

About linking this with the posted suggestion of the new skill "Archeology": I've been in contact with the creator of that idea, Outsanity, before and he turned down my suggestion of putting my idea in there in some form in the Archeology skill as I found that this could be some sort of reward at some level of that skill. He hasn't seen or commented on this revised version of this idea as far as I know so I don't know if his stand in this matter is the same now.

Sir_Nitram99.png

@Hydro:

If you had cared to lift your eyes a little bit further up and read some of the other posts here you would learned fast that there are no white big underlined text. It just that Firefox seems to mess up the BBCode for some reason. The BBCode that I have written have been studied (as you can read about in a post a little further up from your own post) and it was concluded that there's no errors or wierdness in it. So please read before commenting.

Sir_Nitram99.png

As far as I go I think the problem with the huge text size should be gone now. I have been in contact with head members of the website crew here on Tip.It forums and they replied and told me it was a problem with that I had but size-tagged BBCode in with hide-tagged BBCode which apperently not so good to do.

So I hope this problem is resolved now and people can go back to commenting the real suggestion, the new boss-monster and all that goes with it.

Sir_Nitram99.png

Since I haven't gotten anymore post about the text-size being faulty I assume it's ok now after I fixed it according to the feedback on the issue I got from the forum crew here.

On the topic: Do noone else have any comments on the boss-monster, the drops, the unique drops, location of it or anything else regarding this idea?

Sir_Nitram99.png

I think it's a great idea. Seems like you spent a nice bit of time on this and everything seems great. :D I like how unique the boss is to the game... just seems like it'd be fun. ^_^