The new 30 Second Dieing to monsters thing.

Goldenjkered

Jagex introduced this about 2 weeks ago I believe, and I'm not sure why. It basically means now, that when someone dies to a npc or random, the items they drop will not appear after 30 seconds. This hadn't affected me until today. I was kq'ing with a friend, and I died after I didn't notice my prayer go out, and was hit a 31 for the ko. So a second after I died I just thought that my friend would pick my stuff up so I wouldn't lose anything. But, shortly after I died he teled to lumby, and said that after I died nothing was dropped on the floor. Of course he couldn't pick the items up until 30 seconds after, and he wasn't sticking around with 3 sharks and barely any prayer left. So now I ask, how is this small update benefitting players exactly? Well you could say that if someones afk and they die then they can go and pick there items back up after they've died. But surely, 30 seconds isn't long enough to go to a bank get out a tele and walk to the place you have died. So now I finish this short rant on saying that, how is this update helping anybody?

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

First off, its 1 minute .

And thats time enough to get back to your corpse before looters.

Not always is there a friend out there to get ur items.

And its not Jagex fault that you died, and that your friend couldnt get your items. Its your own dumb self so just zip it.

I'm not complaining about dieing, and I know it was my own fault for dieing, I just want to know why jagex changed it from instant to 1 minute. It just makes things like daggonoth kings, kq and Kbd more dangerous now, as you can no longer get a friend to pick up your items easily, and therefore you end up taking less valued equipment like for instance replacing a glory with a str ammy.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

lets look at it this way:

Good reasons to not have that update-

1)Friends can pick up your stuff for you in crisis situations

2)if someone dies because they in a sense 'bit off more than they could

chew' (not refering to you) then we get some free stuff

3)gave more of a chalenge to the game

Good reasons to have the update-

1)allows you to get your stuff before looters

In my opinion this update was kinda pointless...but whats done is done unfortunately <.<

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

Actually, you wouldn't probably even have time to get the stuff unless you were near your respawn point-like lumby. But most people don't hang around lumby and die at the cows except for noobs. And yea Jagex, we can definataly get to the KQ from Lumby in just 1 minute!

I say this update was completely pointless.

Are you kidding? this update rules. Dharok'ing is alot safer now and death is no longer a total loss. And between teleports, balloons, jewlery ect I can't think of a place you couldn't get to in a minute (Not counting the wilderness or dungeons, but you should expect to loose stuff there anyways).

I love this update. It changes so much in a good way.

(I did recruitment drive awhile ago and those White Knights look like good place to train now....)

And its not Jagex fault that you died, and that your friend couldnt get your items. Its your own dumb self so just zip it.

He's not ranting because he died so just zip it.

And between teleports, balloons, jewlery ect I can't think of a place you couldn't get to in a minute

What if you're training somewhere far from a respawn point?

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

It's stupid imo it's just that the costumer support can't stand the mommies of the 8 year olds whining anymore.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

well i see this update as a positive thing. Anything that makes the game harder or more dangerous can only be a good thing. I'm glad that there is an element of danger involved in going to the KQ or DK etc. It also makes dharoking pretty cool too for places like the giant mole as you can get your stuff back before any looters get there if your respawn point is fally.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

I lost 20k deaths 70k fires soms chaos glory, wealth ahrims and some other stuff at metal dragons due to a graphic bug. My screen was a all blury but when i died it started to slowley get better. I went to bank quikly took teles and teled to ardy went to karamja in to the cave and when i finaly came to the dragons my stuff was gone and no one took it :? (Sure)

I couldnt be faster than that so in my oppinion this update sucks -.- whole jagex sucks btw cus they didnt give me my stuff back :evil:

shappo00.png

shappo00.png

shappo00.png

It doesnt stop looters, i myself found about 2m items in a 3 day span just ranging alone at tzhaars, people die, 1 minute isnt enough to get back really, unless your prepared and realise you might die...

Now i have Rune boots x7

Glory x8

Ring of wealth x4..

And more which i returned, but it doesnt work, 2 mins maybe ?

Are you kidding? this update rules. Dharok'ing is alot safer now and death is no longer a total loss. And between teleports, balloons, jewlery ect I can't think of a place you couldn't get to in a minute (Not counting the wilderness or dungeons, but you should expect to loose stuff there anyways).

(I did recruitment drive awhile ago and those White Knights look like good place to train now....)

Obviously you have no clue how monster hunting works. It's a team effort meaning your friends can save your stuff. Now the update (which is supposed to make dieing safer) makes it HARDER for friends to save your stuff which just sucks.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

+1

coza17.png

Obviously you have no clue how monster hunting works. It's a team effort meaning your friends can save your stuff. Now the update (which is supposed to make dieing safer) makes it HARDER for friends to save your stuff which just sucks.

GOOD.

Now people will actually have to risk something in those areas instead of always having a buddy pick up their guthans/veracs/whatever.

Omg what now there is actually a risk when you go monster hunting?

Seriously, now there is actual danger in going to these places. If you die, you should lose your items. To get great rewards, great risk is needed to balance it out. This is a good update so that it makes the game harder, even if people do not like it.

Bubb_Rubb.png

lol some people did that before, wielding a whip, plate, legs and nothing else. Then just kill knights until you die and respawn in the same place keep killing. problem is if you did wanted your white knight rank will be like -3000 lol.

imo it is a bad update, maybe they should have an update where you can add someone to a list that will see your items as soon as you die.

soldersig.jpg

Some high-lvls had been complaining of the game being far too easy, risk-free, noob-catering, etc.

Guess what though? Those "noobs" now have more opportunity to get items back in a ever-so-slightly more forgiving death situation, and high lvls in dangerous places now have more fun, exhilarating danger to face.

That's my take on it. It helps both low lvls who might need a more-forgiving system of death, and high lvls who need more fun out of the game.

Truthscape - qeltar's excellent insights into RuneScape and more

Cave Story - Best Free RPG ever

-Retired. Forever-

I was going to say the same thing as Adventurer, but he beat me to it.

In summary; it made things harder where they need to be hard and easier where they need to be easy. I don't see where this update failed. All I see is lazy kiddies whining "Now I gotta replace what I lost to the boss monster who is now as risky to fight as it was meant to be! Waah!"

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

i think this update has been bringing good and bad things:

Its bad at kq etc because ur friends cant get ur stuff so easly back and kq can kill them too if they are low on food

the good thing is : example when ur dharoking at monkey guards die losoe d boots helm fury/glory etc u can teleport and get them back(unless a evil bob random comes and ur too late (happened to me once #-o ) )

GOOD.

Now people will actually have to risk something in those areas instead of always having a buddy pick up their guthans/veracs/whatever.

Always thought this... and thought that monter hunting involves no risk because of friends to pick stuff up. However, it also means that soloing things prove less of a risk because you can run back and get your stuff... It helps solo'ers but doesn't help teams.

Sig.jpg

GOOD.

Considering how you know next to nothing about monster hunting, your opinion is completely irrelevant.

You say that "now we actually have to risk something" implying that, thanks to friends, there is no risk in monster hunting. That's totally incorrect, untradables and supplies are lost. Then there is always the possibility of a lurer getting your items.

Also, it's not like it was 100% safe before and now it's completely unsafe. It's just that now it's made less safe (even with friends being there, it's not safe btw). How pointless is an update that, while trying to help people who fight monsters, ends up HARMING people who fight monsters?

Always thought this... and thought that monter hunting involves no risk because of friends to pick stuff up. However, it also means that soloing things prove less of a risk because you can run back and get your stuff... It helps solo'ers but doesn't help teams.

Teams will only pick up what they can (so you automatically lose pots + untradables) so you can't say that there is 0 risk. Also, they could, themselves, need to tele out before they get a chance to grab (this can happen if both people need to tele out but one gets killed). Although these scenarios are totally unlikely if your team is good, they do exist and therefore you are never at 0 risk.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, there is no way in hell that you can run back to the lair in less than a minute so soloers are just not affected by the update.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )