Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!

• Please log in to reply
87187 replies to this topic

Major Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Major Dash

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,165 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Nice Deathtouch Bracelet. Those things will get you killed at Araxxor.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures
As will Dark Magic - but deeps uber alles.

emers8529
[ Display Name History ]

emers8529

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:emers8529
  • RSN2:curtiskushh
  • Clan:radiance

i've been trying for the pet forever...

got zspear first kill

with 7 mins left in the arena..

my outfit is complete

I like getting hard when I PK

Posted Image

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Ever since I lost my red phat back in 2002 I've always wanted to get another one.

Never gunna happen with their prices these days going from a measly 50m and zero boss/staking skills. :<

Popoto.~<3

Dragonkng198
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonkng198

Biggest Nub on Tip.It

• Members
  • 906 posts

Ever since I lost my red phat back in 2002 I've always wanted to get another one.

Never gunna happen with their prices these days going from a measly 50m and zero boss/staking skills. :<

And with the rising prices of phats, the rich get richer :(

Stats

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,278 posts

Staking is optimistically 50:50; you will make as much as you lose. However, most people will get cleaned, because they don't abuse bugs and don't stop if they get ahead. I'm certain only maybe a handful of stakers have ever profited, either through clever deception that's within the rules or just outliers; the rest either RWT or scam. Everyone else gets cleaned.

I went from royal crossbow (500k) and staff of light (150k or some such) with some untradable gear (just a time investment at Pest Control; no skill necessary) to a total of ~2b pretty much just killing a single monster type (Tormented Demons) for 330 hours spread over 1.5 years. That's not even an hour a day. If I had sold drops at more opportune times and maintained my now-consistent 150+ KPH, this would have been nearly 3.3b...

Unlike any random 'Scaper would have to now, I tried a bunch of different methods to perfect the strategy, going from an average ~90 KPH to a solid 150 KPH at a minimum. Most people now would be able to get up to 120-130 KPH with "free" weapons (royal crossbow and Chaotic staff) after a few hours based on the methods I discovered.

Judging by current red partyhat prices, it would take ~310 hours based on the "lifetime average" price of limbs. It's very possible for an average 'Scaper, especially because party hats are artificially inflated at this moment. In the context of Tormented Demons, memorization is all that's necessary, not quick thinking or high APM.

ozXHe7P.png

Dragonkng198
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonkng198

Biggest Nub on Tip.It

• Members
  • 906 posts

63076ecdec.jpg

Stats

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,490 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

63076ecdec.jpg

[insert Shia LaBeouf gif]

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

DarkDude
[ Display Name History ]

DarkDude

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,232 posts
  • RSN:Dark Dude

vM1oW7R.jpg

My first ever hilt drop :)

Might not be worth a great deal these days compared to when it was new but still very glad to finally get one!

emers8529
[ Display Name History ]

emers8529

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • RSN:emers8529
  • RSN2:curtiskushh
  • Clan:radiance

Staking is optimistically 50:50; you will make as much as you lose. However, most people will get cleaned, because they don't abuse bugs and don't stop if they get ahead. I'm certain only maybe a handful of stakers have ever profited, either through clever deception that's within the rules or just outliers; the rest either RWT or scam. Everyone else gets cleaned.

I went from royal crossbow (500k) and staff of light (150k or some such) with some untradable gear (just a time investment at Pest Control; no skill necessary) to a total of ~2b pretty much just killing a single monster type (Tormented Demons) for 330 hours spread over 1.5 years. That's not even an hour a day. If I had sold drops at more opportune times and maintained my now-consistent 150+ KPH, this would have been nearly 3.3b...

Unlike any random 'Scaper would have to now, I tried a bunch of different methods to perfect the strategy, going from an average ~90 KPH to a solid 150 KPH at a minimum. Most people now would be able to get up to 120-130 KPH with "free" weapons (royal crossbow and Chaotic staff) after a few hours based on the methods I discovered.

Judging by current red partyhat prices, it would take ~310 hours based on the "lifetime average" price of limbs. It's very possible for an average 'Scaper, especially because party hats are artificially inflated at this moment. In the context of Tormented Demons, memorization is all that's necessary, not quick thinking or high APM.

i turned 30m into over 3b poly staking in a week and a half :3 its pretty easy guessing when you're going to win.

I like getting hard when I PK

Posted Image

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,278 posts

i turned 30m into over 3b poly staking in a week and a half :3 its pretty easy guessing when you're going to win.

There was a game series I played, Pokemon. It's all very random, the act of getting "good Pokemon." There's 6 independent "stats" that are generated on encounter, as well as a few other traits that affect viability. On top of that, there's a minute chance for the Pokemon to be shiny (1/8192 chance that has quirks to modify it). It's very possible to get a "perfect" Pokemon through sheer determination in these games... Breeding a perfect Pokemon (6 maxed stats) from two parents with 5 optimal maxed stats is 1:80,000. To get said parents (5 IV) from a 4 IV parents is 1:5000. To get said 4 IV parents from 3 IV parents is 1:250. And so on...

And those odds are considered good because, outside of total abuse of the random number generation method, catching a perfect wild Pokemon is much less likely, oftentimes impossible (due to how the RNG works). Yes, 1:80,000 odds is considered "good" in this case, because assuming a perfectly fair RNG, getting a perfect legendary is something like 1:1,300,000,000.

However, those seeking perfect Pokemon aren't slaves to chance. The random number generator for Pokemon is very abusable. The algorithm in use, as well as seeding mechanics, as well as output mechanics, is well documented from the GBA games to the DS ones. This means I, or anyone else, can force the RNG to ensure a perfect Pokemon in a fraction of the time with minimal or no reliance on outrageous odds.

Why did I provide this anecdote? Because RuneScape's RNG is not reverse engineered. Similarly, there is no way--client side--to predict the outcome of the RNG. Realiabily "guessing" when you'll get lucky isn't possible. Most likely you are mistaking your outlier luck with some sense of precognition or strategy. Given two maxed players with identical gear and legacy combat, the probability of you winning is 0.5, just like your opponent. The only criteria that changes that is deceit (and therefore, increasing your raw DPS or defensive capabilities compared to your opponents).

Again, staking is never a reliable means of making money. Only gamblers or scammers think so.

ozXHe7P.png

Dragonkng198
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonkng198

Biggest Nub on Tip.It

• Members
  • 906 posts

59902c16a8.jpg

I'm enjoying this :D

Stats

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Time for a lot of pictures. :D

From the past week or so:

l1rh6.png

Both phoenix pets, finally got the second one:

l0Rqp.png

Never thought I'd be able to tolerate Legios because of the annoying way the fight is structure (constant hitting and running), and the fact that it's gambling, but I got through it:

lgd02.png

lgcZv.png

lgcYX.png

lgcY9.png

lgcYr.png

lgcsn.png

End Result: lgcav.png

All Threshold boss pets, get!:

lgcSQ.png

It was a passive side-goal of mine ever since the start of the year when they came out.

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod

No gold title no care srry m90

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
might as well just go for gold man

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

Grats Yomi.... but yea, get vitalis, you go for ifb :)

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

WoodenFruit
[ Display Name History ]

WoodenFruit

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 853 posts
  • RSN:Darkwitchery
  • Clan:Sc, World60pengs

I suppose I should finish that list of quests that I started...a year or two ago?

Hwn7Ya7.png

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

Dragonkng198
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonkng198

Biggest Nub on Tip.It

• Members
  • 906 posts

Herb run pre-set

Profit Farm pre-set, another 5 mins for 350k+ profit

Stats

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures
I think I actually lost money getting those journals..ah well :P

ljhyh.png

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
how many kills is that? i'm at 140 with no drops

E: first journal at 290, and there are 6 of these lmao

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users