How to successfully grow a fruit tree? </3 farming

22woger22

Hi, I need to grow (without letting it be diseased) a fruit tree (I'll grow an apple one) for the Karamja Achievement Diary. However, I have no idea how to plant a tree, since I have never tried the farming skill (my levels are gotten from tears of guthix).

I will be paying the farmer 9 raw sweetcorns to watch over but I don't understand this - if I pay him his watch payment does that mean my appple tree will never die? <.<

So, could somebody please list down the procedure of growing an apple tree including listing down the equipment needed - up to the point where its sufficient enough to complete that stupid fruit tree task in the Diary? I'm so confused right now, and I hate farming. This is my first and last time I'll be touching this complicated skill. :(

Thanks to those who help.

22woger22.gif

22woger22.png

lol, farming is a great skill.

OK, here's how it works. Go to a farming shop and buy a plant pot (with soil in) a spade, trowel and watering can. With all that in your inv, use your seed on the plant pot and water it. After a minute or so, it will become a sapling and ready to plant in your patch.

Get yourself a rake and head over to the farming patch of choice and remove the weeds. Once they have been removed, use the sapling on the patch. Then talk to the nearby farmer (or 'right-click' pay him) 9 sweetcorn.

Leave it for about a day or so until your tree has grown to fruition. It will never die if the farmer is looking after it, and it will grow even when you are logged off. When it is grown, simply check its health and that will be your task complete.

Incidentally, you wont be able to do the varrock achievement diary until y ou have 73 farming :(

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

First off you need to get a pot of dirt, seed dipper, trowel, watering can, spade, rake, the seed, supercompost or compost (super comp and comp are not needed if you pay the farmer) and an axe if you wish to cut the tree down.

First use the seed with the plant pot then water. It will soon grow to a sappling

Second weed the patch with the rake, you should get 3 weeds

Then super comp or comp the patch, if desired

Then use the sappling with the patch and you are done.

If you like, you can retrieve the apples by simply picking them and then you can cut down the tree and once the tree is down, use the spade with the stump and the patch is ready for a new tree.

Paying the farmer will not get your tree diseased or die and you do not have to comp the patches if you pay farmers.

squirrel.jpg

~HOORAY FOR BEING MUTED!~

OK, tyvm both of you, this will help immensely. :)

I do not need super compost or normal compost to grow this apple tree if I pay the farmer to look after it, correct?

Thanks again - but I still won't touch the skill after I'm done with the diary. :P :)

22woger22.gif

22woger22.png

Incidentally, you wont be able to do the varrock achievement diary until y ou have 73 farming :(

Why is that?

If I remember right, you need to pick poison ivy off the bush that you planted next to champs guild, so need 70 farming for that (yeah i was talking rubbish about needing 73), or less with a pie.

and ^^ you dont need supercompost or compost as your farmer will always make sure that your crop survives.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

Why is that?

If I remember right, you need to pick poison ivy off the bush that you planted next to champs guild, so need 70 farming for that (yeah i was talking rubbish about needing 73), or less with a pie.

and ^^ you dont need supercompost or compost as your farmer will always make sure that your crop survives.

The pie is garden pie, which gives +3 farmbonus (I just used it \' for the varrock diary)

You could try evil stew on top of that to get another +6 bonus, but the chances of getting that is ridiculously small.