~@~ How to succeed 99-skill goals in 7 easy steps ~@~

Solidus_77

EDIT: I know the guide has screwed up, thankyou to those who PM'd me about it. I'm working at getting it back.

Welcome, I've been wanting to make this guide for a while now, to share all the stuff that I have learned. Basically, this guide is for anyone who wants to succeed some incredibly hard goals. Yes, the title says it's for 99-skill goals but the concepts are fairly broad and can be applied to all sorts of things. So with no further ado,

~ Table of Contents ~

Introduction

Part I: The Planning

Part II: The real thing

Specific tips

Extra stuff

Introduction

This is a text-based guide, so if youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re ready for a good read youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve come to the right place. Bear in mind that these tips are more like guidelines, so while one might not work, others might.

What I am going to share with you now are the tips that I have discovered in my Runescape career that I think are the most important steps in completing a massive goal. A lot of this guide is ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åhow to succeed level 99 skillsÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woot third poster ::'

nice guide too, it really helps a person achieve their goal, and that 3 day thing wasted my attempt for 99 mining :notalk:

but overal 9/10, nice work :thumbsup:

Barrows Drops: Karils-2 coifs, 1 top, 1 skirt, 1 xbow. Ahrims-1 staff. Torags-1 platebody, 1 legs, 1 helm. Dharoks-1 platebody, 1 helm.

Dragon Drops: 1 Chain, 1 2-hander

Very nice guide, I think a lot of it is true and helps a lot. I have yet to try watching movies, but I bet it's really good with cooking (my current goal). Not so sure about the whole "don't take a break to try some new update or it'll mess you up" thing, because one of those breaks are great to me, but that's just my personal opinion. Probably different for members too since they get one all the time.

Typo?:

Some people are able to switch between rs and runescape.

you mean rl? That's what I assumed, since rs and runescape are the same :XD:

10/10 =D>

Leapfrog229.gif

I guess cause I never saw the need. I also felt that if I moved into the version of the game that was always changing that it would in some way invalidate the work that I had already put into my account.

Thanks, all of you, it's great to see my first guide is a success.

Leapfrog, first of all thanks for noticing the typo (and thanks to scopey for noticing another).

Now about the break issue, while it's fairly subjective, it's really all about getting distracted from the main goal (which may or may not happen). The harder the goal, the higher the tendency for it to happen. Although since we're all unique human beings we are affected differently.

I'm glad people are enjoying it. I'm aware that for some people will have different opinions and different approaches but it seems overall this is some positive feedback. Great! ::'

Next up: I'll be adding the "specific tips" sections. These are some quick little tips that are not really connected to a "bigger issue as much", or simply stuff that I wanted to mention but that I didn't think was worth explaining in great detail.

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Thanks for this, great tips and very well written.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I'm gonna use it when(if) I ever choose to get a 99 but I doubt it since I don't have the attention span. <.<

Cool guide. \'

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

10/10 this really does help i watch things like house and supernatural, buffy and angel i have a flt screen tv above my pc screen so....lol

but awesome guide the best ive ever read i can tell youv put some real effort in as most guide i read and kinda get bored and scroll through this one really made me read i dont really think you need to add much but put in not to put tv behind you and pc infront cus then u have to keep turning

and only 1 move lvl till 99rc u can do it!

c9d320.png

kaisers911.png

chins.png

Thanks for the positive comments. I'll have the next section up tomorrow (it's a lot shorter, but still has some helpful "words of wisdom" in it)

only 1 move lvl till 99rc u can do it!

Ah yes, it's in about a week now. Well I guess it's time I made the thread for the party then. I'll get that up tomorrow as well :mrgreen:

BlueSig6.jpg

Nice guide, i really enjoyed reading it. 10/10 :D :thumbsup: . And you forgot one little thing, I didn't see tip.it's clan chat anywhere on there. Thankfully wc is a afk skill, and that's probably why I'm trying to get it to 99. And another tip is probably to do a fast/afk/not boring skill.

228996.png

I loved the guide, great tips, and lots of other interesting things. I'm sure it will help me a lot, due to the fact that im working on a goal. I'm also sure adding new things will make better then it already is. :D

9/10, overall because nothing is perfect =D>

Jaderman10.png

Played runescape for about 2 years!

I love SSBB!!!

good guide it might help when i go back to my 99 wc goal

and to keep both hands busy use a laptop no mouse

somehow i always use 2 hands when clicking and moving the arrow

filewf5.gif

rarely ever check forums.

I found out a new thing hat's really helpful.

Wear too small shoes or any other piece of clothing and you will only think about having a larger pair of shoes or clothing while you are skilling.

It sounds ridiculous but it really work.

igsig.png

I found out a new thing hat's really helpful.

Wear too small shoes or any other piece of clothing and you will only think about having a larger pair of shoes or clothing while you are skilling.

It sounds ridiculous but it really work.

I see, I get the idea. It's like banging your head against the wall so that you feel much better when it's over. If i get enough, I'll include other people's suggestions as part of the "extra stuff".

For the moment, however, I want to make sure that I haven't left something out and I want to design a format for contributors before I offer the option of contribution (but I will keep yours in mind)

BlueSig6.jpg

Very nice guide. You got mental aspect of goals very well here.

I'm going to try some of your hints in my goal to 99 fishing. I already tried music, but that just made me feel sick lol :XD:

I'm going to try having only 1k feathers in my inventory at one time, instead of the thoasands I had, which was always a bit daunting.

10/10