~@~ How to succeed 99-skill goals in 7 easy steps ~@~

Solidus_77

Very nice guide. You got mental aspect of goals very well here.

I'm going to try some of your hints in my goal to 99 fishing. I already tried music, but that just made me feel sick lol :XD:

I'm going to try having only 1k feathers in my inventory at one time, instead of the thoasands I had, which was always a bit daunting.

10/10

Good! Keeping a small amount of feathers in your inventory sounds like an excellent way to set "checkpoints". Good luck

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna use this guide for 99 wc. ::'

Currently trying Pandora, dial up doesn't like it much though. :wall:

Edit: Pandora looks awesome but I just read the FAQ's and it says dial-up is not supported! Dang it <.<

You must have at least 88,000 posts to view this signature

Brilliant 10/10 im goign for 99 stre 94.99 but thanks to ur tips i might make it

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Hey thanks to your guide i just decided to start training my woodcutting/firemaking. I hav no real set goal but i hope to hav level 50 woodcutting by your rc party. Maybe even 50 or 60 firemaking :pray:

Im also going for atleast 80 range for now. Its at 70 and im going to train at fire giants so it shouldnt need too much attention. I might just do some required reading for school or listen to my ipod. I dont hav a tv in my room though <.<

10/10 for your guide though =D>

*whispers* will you be giving out nature runes at your party? *hint* *hint* :wink:

Rang3t0mag3.png

"Behind every great person is a pack of haters."

I like this guide alot, and I know it will help me in my 2nd 99. (see sig for details)

Good! Keeping a small amount of feathers in your inventory sounds like an excellent way to set "checkpoints". Good luck

Yea, I put the max of 10k feathers in my inventory.

OffTopic: Woot I just got 40 mill total exp. =P~

I give this guide a 10/10 (I also bookmarked it ::' ) I just wanted to add one thing. As a part of modivation, couldn't you put in that you could also start a blog? Using a blog gives you a lot of modivation from people and you make great friends on the way. That's just my personal opinion. Still, fantastic guide :P

-Demon

#8 should be don't pick Farming. :wall:

l

m

f

a

o

but u nearly got 99 anyway dusty..

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

After a while of training my range, I go and do a skill that doesn't require much attention (woodcutting, fishing, cooking, fletching), and I play my DS or watch some "Let's Play's" on YouTube. Then, after I gain a level in any one of those, I switch back and start training my range again after I gain a level, and I continue to switch on and off between AFK-able skills and those that demand a lot of attention. In that way I was able to raise fishing to 80 and range to 82 recently. It helps to cool off with an AFK skill after raising a non-AFK skill, and also helps to get you up to speed with a non-AFK skill after raising an AFK skill up.

Great guide, I read the whole thing.

I would now like to ask you to help me achieve my goal so I don't quit this wonderful game <3:

To complicate matters, im training in the SLOWEST way possible in order to yeild the greatest rewards.

Im currently training a box staking pure at pc. The problem is that instead of using my pc points on att, def, or str, im using them on hits.

This means I have started from scratch, hading for 80/50/80 and roughly 90 hits. I find myself running to w2 after school every day, selling my rare, buying something stupid, then the next day making another stupid trade losing me all my money.

I can't seem to get started, I have a hopeless feeling about it all because I have to re-do all those quest, and I recently bought a bandos plate, d legs, and a wip. all of these I won't be using for a few MONTHS.

Any tips on pcing? i know you pced for 99 def. also, i have a problem with wasting my hour after school i have most days. another thing, im going to try to box stake till i have 2000m cash. then ill buy lots of goodies, including 99 construction and a white phat!

i need help, thanks :XD:

bestsignpic.png

2181st to 99 Runecrafting on 7/28/2009

well i like to read forums when im fishing (im going for 99)

i came across this guide while fishing,

i know how long i can spend at the forums before i go back to check my skilling, no clock, but now its instinct

miph4.png

[spoiler=Old info]Quest Point Cape Acheived:14 October 07 4:30pm GMT+10 .

15108th to 99 Firemaking: 2 October 08 8:15pm GMT+10

Barrows Drops: Verac Flail, Verac Plateskirt x3, Guthan helm, Ahrim Robetop,

Karil top, Torag plate, Dharok plate, Dharok axe. 1900+ total lvl

Dragon Drops: 6: Dragon Legs (iron dragon), Dragon Spear(shadow warrior), Dragon Pickaxe(4)

DK Drops: Warrior Ring(2)

Bandos Drops: Tassets

VERY good guide .. What no one ever pointed out to me about the 99 goal ... is the 3 day rule ... i currently just stopped smoking cigs, thre is that 3 day rule thing ... I never thought of approaching a lvl 99 goal like that, It's been 2 days on my 87-99 fishing goal, I will definatly try to use this method and this practice towards this goal ... Thanks a lot!!

spike159159.png

Great guide! 10/10

One tip of mine that I use when fishing, cooking, woodcutting, etc. is AIM/Instant Messengers. They are easy to switch between, and can connect you with rl buddies. I use AIM quite a bit while skilling, to chat with my buddies and play RS at the same time.

Jmclark911.png

Jmclark911.png