~@~ How to succeed 99-skill goals in 7 easy steps ~@~

Solidus_77

very nice guide

12/10

gratz on 99 con and RC

just a quick question

what do i do if i realy want to get 2 99 skills but dont know what to go fro first

also i want to do so many things but if i consentrate on getting a 99 skill the new update wont be as cool and wont be able to make money off it

crystal_cape.png

16537th to get 99 fletching 20th june 2007

quest cape achieved 25th january 2008

1700 total 13th july 2008

click for blog

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate i read alot of guides like this and i have to say this is definantly one of the better ones. For the constructive critocism part of this it would help if you gave examples of the different types of skills e.g.... money eaters, money makers, cobmat(atk def str range hp..) and base skills.

I would really like to see improvements along those lines in here but as i mentioned earlier this is a very good guide, i hope to see more in the future, and p.s how long did it take you to type it :XD:

KEeep this up, i look forward to seeing the updates you post on it =D>

4sDIn.png

Thanks for all your encouraging comments, if you're a senior you'll understand that college aps creates quite a workload :wall: I'll try and update it a few times

what do i do if i realy want to get 2 99 skills but dont know what to go fro first

That, my friend, is a good question. Consider the following things:

Which skill is easier (or harder) to do?

Which skill costs more (or less)?

Which skill gives more respect?

Which skill do I like better?

The decision is ultimately yours, this is some food for thought.

For the constructive critocism part of this it would help if you gave examples of the different types of skills e.g.... money eaters, money makers, cobmat(atk def str range hp..) and base skills.

That's a good idea, originally I was going to make this exclusively a "how to do the mental side of goals", however they could find their place over in planning section.

how long did it take you to type it

Couple hours (counting revisions). But the ideas are spread out over my 3 massive-goal achievement [bleep]es. First, over a year ago, when rcing to 91 rc I started to see the basics behind these tips. Then, last january, while going for 99 con I got more experience seeing these things at work and finally, my recent 99 rc through the abyss was where I really understood the value of self-confidence.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Okay thanks for answering my questions, good to see you keep up with your guide :P

Btw do you have any other guides???

I ask this because it looks like you are a talented guide writer and all your guides would be a great read, if not i think you should make some, don't forget to make them exra long :thumbsup:

4sDIn.png

Depends what you believe, :lol:

Btw do you have any other guides???

I ask this because it looks like you are a talented guide writer and all your guides would be a great read, if not i think you should make some, don't forget to make them exra long

Thanks, and I don't have any actually. I have written some forms of guides however ::' .

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

(hatchet and/or a cape)

:XD: , try "hatchet and a cape"... you cant WC without one...

On topic: Excellent guide, full marks, but #8 should be "don't choose farming..."

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Wonderful guide, I'm sure a lot of people will find it very useful! Unfortunately, I already know that I can't get a 99 skill, but it'll still help with smaller goals. Thanks for writing it!

You know, that's what I was telling myself about 2 and a half years ago and here I am now. That shows that, even if you don't think you can do so now, you may be in a position where you can get a 99. After all, I've played this game for about 3 years, but all 3 of my 99s were done in the 3rd year.

BlueSig6.jpg

Good Good

except i think you need a step 8 in there

call it Dont quit - its harder to finish it later

Basically if you get really burned out with a skill and quit it. Its extremely hard to start up again. For example i was going for 99 wc a few years back and i was cutting magics (REALLY BAD IDEA!) and i go EXTREMELY burned out so much that i didnt want to play at all. But even to this day its hard to wc cause of it (ill work on it again one day...)

Then i got hacked and quit for 6 months strait and wasnt active for half a year after that(this part is completely unrelated)

Ring_World.gif

Good Good

except i think you need a step 8 in there

call it Dont quit - its harder to finish it later

Basically if you get really burned out with a skill and quit it. Its extremely hard to start up again. For example i was going for 99 wc a few years back and i was cutting magics (REALLY BAD IDEA!) and i go EXTREMELY burned out so much that i didnt want to play at all. But even to this day its hard to wc cause of it (ill work on it again one day...)

Then i got hacked and quit for 6 months strait and wasnt active for half a year after that(this part is completely unrelated)

This is similar to what I said about the 3 day rule. I think I mentioned once that if you postpone a goal, you'll have a hard time starting up again since you have to redo the 3 day rule process. You are certainly correct though and I have had a similar experience. I postponed getting 91 rc which turned out to be a bad idea because I got keylogged losing the ess + other stuff, account locked and unable to play for a month. After weeks of attempts, where others would have given up, I was able to retrieve the account. As a matter of fact, the following month 2 months were spent regaining the ess and getting 91 rc and it's during that time that I started to discover these points. ::'

BlueSig6.jpg

nice guide though this is hard when getting 99 in a skill like fm where you have to click alot. Guide guide nonetheless.

Since skilling involves some sort of repetition, movies are good for skills like firemaking. If you are making fires, switching windows is almost guarenteed to decrease efficiency, so all you do is keep two windows open side by side and it works like a charm ::'

BlueSig6.jpg

This is a very functional guide.

My tip would be to have a friend who aims for the same goal as yours. Much like a challenge/ rivalry, you are pushed to surpass someone and therefore you can progress a bit faster and also stay focused during the course of time. I find this an awesome way to boost any 90+ skill.

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

very very nice!!!

- This one is as true as it is funny. It can help to have something like a (like worry beads, or a grip-strengthening toy) to keep your other hand busy.

the parenthesis kinda messed up your sentence, so you might wanna fix it :D

10/10 \:D/

i hate video games

the parenthesis kinda messed up your sentence, so you might wanna fix it Very Happy

Fixed, thanks for noticing it.

I love the guide, it was a quick easy read that was right to the point and gave me some extra info on achieving goals, nice guide solidus. 10/10

Why thanks, hope the tips can help you in your goals. ::'

BlueSig6.jpg

hey great guide dude 10/10 the music thing helps me while im going for 99 firemaking, and the level goal sigs bit it kinda depends on the person if it encorages or makes them feel like stopping, sometimes its good if you see what you were at the beggining eg...12% then next time u look your like 34%..might surprise you.

Also a tip if going for 99 firemaking what i try to do is with the logs in my invent try to make shapes letters or something(just something i do) never know might work as you concentrate on shapes not how long you have left.

EDIT: also if going for a mining skill when banking use the box so u cant see how many ores you have because then when you look at the end of day or when you going off you may also surprise youself with how many ores you have.

me4life20.png

me4life20.gif

Thanks for the comments everyone

EDIT: also if going for a mining skill when banking use the box so u cant see how many ores you have because then when you look at the end of day or when you going off you may also surprise youself with how many ores you have.

That's a good point, and relates to an important issue: A watched pot never boils. If you look at the exp every 5 seconds, it will feel like an eternity before you lvl up. But if you only look at it once a day (forcing yourself not to is tricky, it's best just to forget about it altogether), then you will feel happy about your accomplishment.

BlueSig6.jpg