Mechscape - the new Jagex game

Abelmisi

I doubt they will let us transfer skills because

#1 its a new game, therefore most probably new skills

#2 I think jagex want a new start with this game

#3 I think everyone would want a new start

Also about the macros, You can count on it being macro free for about... 3-4 days :-#

To be honest, i think with this new game people will be expecting too much from jagex. Of course it will be exactly like runescape (Graphics wise). Jagex has done so much with runescape i dont see how people can expect more. Although what i want to see in this new game (if i decide to play) Is a more 'Anti 5 year old' and a more 'Anti macro' game. Also, I really hope jagex will make this a new start for everyone. I dont think its too fair that people will just get the advantage if they leveled so much in runescape. Of course this will be a new start, therefore completely different skills from runescape (i hope). Or... We all might be completely wrong and it will be completely different from runescape in being a whole new genre (fps/strat/whatever)

Will this new game kill runescape 2 like runescape 2 killed runescape classic? All i can say is good luck to jagex :)

(sorry for waffling but meh.. just my 2 cents ::' )

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mean you'd get your skills transfered, I just like construction, I never was able to do it as I was/am (semi-retired player, come back sometimes when I'm uber bored.) and robots+the skill I wanted to do=kick {crayon} game in my opnion, I just hope they fix the anti-macro system. (impossible I know unless they do something drastic like kill all skills or turn off the game or make invisible reporting macro monkeys that fling ip ban poop. 8-) )

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Learning how to make light industrial space craft.

Meh I bet it'll be a 3D game, and I've seen games that are better in 2D than RuneScape is.

For any of those that want a Sci-Fi game to play try Mechquest. Its still in Gamma and has only been out for under a month so not much to do for now. (Level Cap is 12, but its harder to get to than you think, plus it increases over time)

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Meh I bet it'll be a 3D game, and I've seen games that are better in 2D than RuneScape is.

I'm hoping that you aren't as dumb as you appear.

BTW, there's no such thing as a gamma stage when you're developing a game.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

To be honest, i think with this new game people will be expecting too much from jagex. Of course it will be exactly like runescape (Graphics wise). Jagex has done so much with runescape i dont see how people can expect more. from runescape in being a whole new genre (fps/strat/whatever)

It's much easier to create a new game with good graphics than update an old game's poor graphics into good ones. That's why EQ still looks outdated, even though SOE has the technology to make an awesome-looking game. Also, there is the possiblity that this will be a client-based game.

I doubt MechScape (if they are making a game called MechScape) will have as much of a macro problem as RuneScape, as the gameplay will most likely be quite different.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Has anyone thought of the probability of JaGeX leaving Runescape to die off like they did to RSC? JaGeX might want to concentrate fully on this... this MechScape like they did to RS2 when it was released. This might probably explain the series of bad updates and the failing economy, bot problems, poor customer support, etc. If JaGeX wanted to start MechScape from the scratch, they'd have to put a lot of time and effort into developing it. Time and effort withdrawn from making good updates in RS2.

This is only an assumption of course. JaGeX might not even want a MechScape. Even if they do, it'll take years to complete. Years for MechScape to become as graphically rich as RS2 is now.

drapit.png

Let me guess, you think Graphics make the game?

Gamma is the name in which they gave the starting stage of MechQuest.

Large Image

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

sounds very interesting.. yeah im hoping they improve on the RS graphics a bit.. but from the sound of it it seems like they'll go with the same format

•  
    #

mechscape.biz (2005-08-24)

# mechscapecoin.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscape.com (2003-12-15)

# mechscapecommunity.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscapecredit.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscapegold.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscapeguide.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscapehq.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscapeinfinite.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscape.info (2005-08-24)

# mechscapemillions.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscapemoderators.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscape.net (2003-12-16)

# mechscape.org (2003-12-16)

# mechscapeproject.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscaper.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscaperealm.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscapeshopping.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscapetrades.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscapetrading.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscape.us (2005-08-24)

# mechhq.com(2006-05-15)

do they have a vendetta against runehq or something?

I Loled. they've registered about all of the domains that would be used for fake sites, scam sites, gold selling sites, and fansites.

ROFL! Now we know for sure: Jagex hates fansites. We kind of got the hint when the kb was released and it didnt deter people from he fansites, along with thw quest help system. Now with the new game, they have experience to start with. Theyre gonna make it hard to make new scam sites and fansites.

I guess if tipit was to make a fansite, we'd have to make it a branch of tipit like we did for LOTRO.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

sounds very interesting.. yeah im hoping they improve on the RS graphics a bit.. but from the sound of it it seems like they'll go with the same format

•  
    #

mechscape.biz (2005-08-24)

# mechscapecoin.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscape.com (2003-12-15)

# mechscapecommunity.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscapecredit.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscapegold.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscapeguide.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscapehq.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscapeinfinite.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscape.info (2005-08-24)

# mechscapemillions.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscapemoderators.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscape.net (2003-12-16)

# mechscape.org (2003-12-16)

# mechscapeproject.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscaper.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscaperealm.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscapeshopping.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscapetrades.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscapetrading.com (2006-05-15)

# mechscape.us (2005-08-24)

# mechhq.com(2006-05-15)

do they have a vendetta against runehq or something?

I Loled. they've registered about all of the domains that would be used for fake sites, scam sites, gold selling sites, and fansites.

ROFL! Now we know for sure: Jagex hates fansites. We kind of got the hint when the kb was released and it didnt deter people from he fansites, along with thw quest help system. Now with the new game, they have experience to start with. Theyre gonna make it hard to make new scam sites and fansites.

I guess if tipit was to make a fansite, we'd have to make it a branch of tipit like we did for LOTRO.

No they just don't want any body to fall victim to phishing sites.

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

quick, register Mech.it!! :lol:

I wonder whether Tip.it would expand itself to include both games...

Why would jagex do that? Andrew has come to our site many times when RSOF and the site were down to explain what happened.

I get 30$ a day working at a haunted corn ma(i)ze, dressing up and scaring people crapless.

Why would jagex do that? Andrew has come to our site many times when RSOF and the site were down to explain what happened.

Eh? What the hell are you talkin' 'bout? :-s

Let me guess, you think Graphics make the game?

Gamma is the name in which they gave the starting stage of MechQuest.

Large Image

Where'd you pull that from? I meant that RS is already 3D (judging by the way you worded your post, it seems that you think it's 2D). The notion that graphics are anywhere near as important as gameplay is lunacy.

MechQuest must be different than 99.9% of games, then.

Tip.it has had the privilege to be the first large-scale fansite with a very active forum since 2001.. Especially in the early phases of RS, tip.it was considered almost an "official" fansite for RuneScape because it became so popular, and the creators Andrew/Paul would often post here and commenting on new suggestions/debates.

As RS became more and more commercialized though, they started posting less and less on tip.it. I doubt they even posted on other forums.

We even have special avatars made for them:

andrewoo3.png

But as you can see from the post count, they don't really post at all now that they have the official forums re-opened (for quite some time now).

Does anyone know when the grand opening is? I wanna be there! I hope it doesn't have too many immature players like RuneScape does. Please PM me if you have any information.

Tip.it has had the privilege to be the first large-scale fansite with a very active forum since 2001.. Especially in the early phases of RS, tip.it was considered almost an "official" fansite for RuneScape because it became so popular, and the creators Andrew/Paul would often post here and commenting on new suggestions/debates.

As RS became more and more commercialized though, they started posting less and less on tip.it. I doubt they even posted on other forums.

We even have special avatars made for them:

andrewoo3.png

But as you can see from the post count, they don't really post at all now that they have the official forums re-opened (for quite some time now).

I read somewhere that Tip.it created accounts for some staff at Jagex, so I typed in "Andrew" a while ago to see if that was true.

I was wondering why 211cole said that Andrew visiting here would prevent Tip.it from including MechScape :-s .

EDIT: Oh, I get it now.

actually, it would probably be tip.it/mechscape. Tip.it used to have Runescape, Dark age of Camelot, and that old MSN MMORPG... dont remember the name though.

http://www.jagex.com/corporate/Minigames/minigames.ws

I think i found something, at the bottom

Our other multiplayer games will be returning soon in a new suite, but updated and improved with many new features.

I thought runescape was their only multiplayer game? (correct me if i am wrong(Not including RSC)) Could this mean that mechscape could 'Soon' be on its way too?

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other