[FORUM] shockwave2_0_1.exe

MageUK

This guy is going around saying "you got owned in this video" then links to this: please check it!

[LINK REMOVED]

This one is so easy to remove I'm not even going to provide an application to do it.

Follow these simple steps and you'll be keylogger free in no time.

Open your task manager by pressing either "Ctrl + Alt + Delete", or "Ctrl + Shift + Escape"

Open the tab marked "Processes", and click the "Image Name" section once to put them in alphabetical order.

Scroll down until you find "update[Caution: Executable File]" (there might be a few of them).

End all processes called "update[Caution: Executable File]" one by one, yes, this may exit the windows update process but that doesn't really matter as it will restart.

Once you've ended them all (if there's one that keeps coming back, don't worry, that's probably the windows one which we don't need to exit from), navigate to this directory :

C:\WINDOWS\system32\system

Delete the file called "update[Caution: Executable File]", empty your recycle bin.

If executed correctly, those instructions should remove this keylogger.

It's come to my attention that at least one forum user has become infected by this, it will have been sent in PM, and possibly even from a user you think would be trustworthy, who has most likely had their account stolen.

If you downloaded "shockwave" from this link, then please follow the above instructions immediately!

just another example of why not to open links that you do not recognize.

A shame really, you can lead a horse to water, yet you can't force it to drink.. these users need to learn how to protect themselves better.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Guys that was not me, it was the guy who had hacked my account, i got the keylogger and he took my account. go to help and advice and you will see i got it last night. please if you reported me tell a mod it wasnt me. It was BLACKCHERRY. i got the message but was gone all day so i couldnt check. I am so sorry.

As soon as you sent the link to me, I already informed the Mods/Admins that I thought your account was hijacked and that it wasn't really you sending the PMs, check the second post in this topic. :wink:

I understand clicking the link in the hope to watch the video, but running an executable file that you have no idea what it is? :shame:

Seriously, some people need to be more cautious. -.-

Btw, i see alot of people saying that they would never click a link they got sent, but just loading whatever you get linked to in your browser isn't going to do any harm at all(Unless, of course, you use an insecure browser like Internet Explorer < 6). The only thing that is going to cause harm to your computer is running an unknown executable file(Such as .bat, [Caution: Executable File], .msi, .com).

I don't have an "update[Caution: Executable File]" file.

Did you actually run the "shockwave" file? If you only downloaded it but didn't open/run it, then the keylogger will not have installed itself.

Guys that was not me, it was the guy who had hacked my account, i got the keylogger and he took my account. go to help and advice and you will see i got it last night. please if you reported me tell a mod it wasnt me. It was BLACKCHERRY. i got the message but was gone all day so i couldnt check. I am so sorry.

As soon as you sent the link to me, I already informed the Mods/Admins that I thought your account was hijacked and that it wasn't really you sending the PMs, check the second post in this topic. :wink:

thanks, i appreciate you not actually reporting me for trying to keylog people but being a victim of it. yea the second post before i changed it was pretty good evidence

Assassin1357.png

So, just opening the message and reading the text without clicking the link, subsequently closing the message and deleting it won't get me infected?

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Yeah i opened the file... i dont know what i was thinking. Now i paying the price with over 2mill in items lost, hopefully with theses instructions i can get rid of the keylogger.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

After something like that, I would just go to an uninfected computer and change my password..and not use the potentially infected computer until it was confirmed whether or not the file was a keylogger. Highly recommended advice by the way... :wink:

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

Dammit Assasin1357, it was you who sent the freakin email, i hope lifeless people like you would burn in heck.

Btw ive downloaded anti-virus and removed the keylogger, do i still need to do those following procedures?

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!