Behind the Scenes - November Edition

darkjab

Why dont they just re-name the game World of Warcraft after all those updates.

- An auction house (stole from wow)

- Assist screen (stole from wow)

- The new chats and clan chat (stole from wow)

- Just about the only thing they didint steal is the graphics, RS is still stuck in the past.

Oh no, lets not improve the game because WoW already has those kind of handy things, and allot of other mmo's.

World of warcraft wasnt the original thinker of those things, it was the players of mmo's who tought of these things because they were handy and neat.

They didnt steal it from WoW. They stole it from about every other game with these handy things.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or rather, they stole it from the players from other MMO's. I'm uber-excited, it's annoying...

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

My friend is that admin of a MUD that's had things like auction houses and such for a about 10 years. WoW didn't invent jack.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

...something very, very big on the HORIZON...

oh... I so hope Jagex is going to make a skyline and more graphixs like that!

although I think it's going to be a new skill or that 'kudos' island 'on the horizon'...

I look forward to the new Dorgeshuun Quest, I like that questline :pray:

that trade thingy sounds good too, but I think merchanting will nearly be impossible now (good thing I can't merchant ::' )

and well... everyone who read this forum a few months ago knows what the new stat interface is going to look like ::'

but hey, this month sounds incredibly exciting!

maskyn.png

~99 Cooking on 06/20/2007~

~99 Agility on 03/02/2008 (1,006th)~

~99 Firemaking on 06/25/2008~

~99 Woodcutting on 06/29/2009~

~99 Fletching on 10/29/2009~

anyone got a clue on this? havnt seen it befor..

wolpertinger.gif

http://www.runescape.com/img/news/wolpertinger.gif

That is a wolpertinger. It is the Bavarian equivalent to a Jackalope and is a PET in World of Warcraft.

Don't flame if this was already posted, as i am too lazy to read the rest.

~Link~

Noob is not a level, it is an attitude

MSSW3-Banner.gif

Support your favorite runescape site! (it better be tip.it :twisted:)

Also this month, we will be introducing some fantastic changes to the Duel Arena. We have drawn information from a recent poll, various suggestions from players, forum posts and general feedback to create some improvements. There was overwhelming support for tournaments, so we offer enough room for 64 players and large prizes. You wanted more options on the Hiscores table, well, now you can track your Tournament Rank, which will reflect your Duel Arena awesomeness!

Any ideas on how the Tournament Rank is going to function?

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

- Just about the only thing they didint steal is the graphics, RS is still stuck in the past.

You say that everything is stole from WoW , but WoW actually took ideas from many other games. Just becouse WoW is the most popular game right now doesn't mean they stole everything. Let me give you a few examples

Everquest a much older game then Runescape or WoW had a option on it where you could set up your character overnight as a shop, and then you could use a chat interface to find out whats being sold, and where the person selling this item is located. Not much unlike the auction house, and there are games out there with an auction house itself. WoW took the ideas from them they where not original.

All you people shouting "WOW Came up with the idea you stole from WOW" Need to stop being noobs and do their damn research before they go claiming theft.

chat and clan chat. I play a game called anarchy online, and it's been around since 2001. Anarchy online has always had integrated clan chat and clan support. So you're saying that the WoW creators went back in time, and invented this idea, and it was stolen from them 4 years before their game came out? Really now? honestly? Grow up.

You say Runescape stole everything from WoW, but lets face it WoW has not been around near as long as Runescape, or a lot of these much older and more reputable games. So don't post something on the forums unless you can back your stupid claims up.

Further more you spelled didn't wrong. You can use a spell checker I promise you won't be stealing it from WoW

Thanks,

Honest1

advent-children-cloud-honest1.jpg

99 Fishing 11/12/2006 790th fisher to 99

Former Tip.it Events team leader

You say that everything is stole from WoW , but WoW actually took ideas from many other games. Just becouse WoW is the most popular game right now doesn't mean they stole everything. Let me give you a few examples

Everquest a much older game then Runescape or WoW had a option on it where you could set up your character overnight as a shop, and then you could use a chat interface to find out whats being sold, and where the person selling this item is located. Not much unlike the auction house, and there are games out there with an auction house itself. WoW took the ideas from them they where not original.

All you people shouting "WOW Came up with the idea you stole from WOW" Need to stop being noobs and do their damn research before they go claiming theft.

chat and clan chat. I play a game called anarchy online, and it's been around since 2001. Anarchy online has always had integrated clan chat and clan support. So you're saying that the WoW creators went back in time, and invented this idea, and it was stolen from them 4 years before their game came out? Really now? honestly? Grow up.

You say Runescape stole everything from WoW, but lets face it WoW has not been around near as long as Runescape, or a lot of these much older and more reputable games. So don't post something on the forums unless you can back your stupid claims up.

Further more you spelled didn't wrong. You can use a spell checker I promise you won't be stealing it from WoW

Thanks,

Honest1

I second what you have just said, but, is noobs all you can come up with. I mean you have a large list. These are examples:moron,idiot,stupid.

common. be more original!

megamansigho7.jpg

Thanks,

Honest1

I second what you have just said, but, is noobs all you can come up with. I mean you have a large list. These are examples:moron,idiot,stupid.

There aint one original word in your list, why would we listen to you? Your just as idiotic, stupid and being a moron just like all those WoW fans. If your a WoW fan your on the wrong forum, sorry to say this but this is a RuneScape forum... Btw, its not WoW they are stealing from if they would do it, its Blizzard Entertainment...

Thanks,

Honest1

There aint one original word in your list, why would we listen to you? Your just as idiotic, stupid and being a moron just like all those WoW fans. If your a WoW fan your on the wrong forum, sorry to say this but this is a RuneScape forum... Btw, its not WoW they are stealing from if they would do it, its Blizzard Entertainment...

I'm not a blizzard fan, but I get tired of people making idiotic statements based without fact. you're just looking for somebody to insult.

advent-children-cloud-honest1.jpg

99 Fishing 11/12/2006 790th fisher to 99

Former Tip.it Events team leader

LOOOK!!!!!!

The source for the below messege is from a Jagex Moderator, stating that the Wolpertinger may find it's way into the game.

"Thank you for your wondering about the mysterious "Wolpentinger" image located on the main page. The Wolpentinger is one of the newest Jagex pets. Unfortunately it's not as nice as Bob the Cat. It's already bitten a few J-Mods around the castle and although the hurt doesn't show, the pain still grows. Perhaps the Wolpentinger may one day make it's way into game. We here in the castle can certainly hear it coming in the air tonight."

:ohnoes: I can't WAIT!

RIP Michaelangelopolous

although the hurt doesn't show, the pain still grows.

(...)

hear it coming in the air tonight.

ROFL :XD: :XD: :XD:

If this was really a message from a J-Mod, said mod is now my favorite Jagex employee.

It really was what a J-Mod said.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

although the hurt doesn't show, the pain still grows.

(...)

hear it coming in the air tonight.

ROFL :XD: :XD: :XD:

If this was really a message from a J-Mod, said mod is now my favorite Jagex employee.

It really was what a J-Mod said.

I love Jagex humor <3: