Behind the Scenes - November Edition

darkjab

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merchants heaven?....

I'd probably say the opposite, that it will harm merchants. Merchants make Gp by buying low, selling high, right? Let's assume they are trying to sell a whip for 1.5m, when the market price is at 1.4m. Someone looking for a whip goes to the grand exchange and instantly sees 200 whips for sale at 1.4, and the merchanters at 1.5. Which is he going to buy? Not a difficult one to work out.

Depending on the detail being released on how the exchange works, I think it will see markets prices become very consistent across most items, and the spread between buying and selling reducing to practically nil.

chumley.png

We couldn't part from you without mentioning something very, very big on the horizon. The new year brings a stunning new update, and we are so happy with it that we are going to let a few hints trickle out over the next few weeks

NEW skill pl0x?

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT UP ABOUT EVERYONE STEALING STUFF FROM WOW.. NOT ALL OF BLIZZARD'S IDEAS ARE ORIGINAL and believe it or not runescape came out before wow. [/rant]

A great step forward for runescape, heck, this may even persuade me to come back lol. Looking forward to the auction house and duel arena update

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Just when I leave Runescape for WoW, they bring out the good stuff. :wall:

Well, they did kinda steal the grand exchange from WoW's auction house, and isn't there something in WoW that lets others assist/change your items?

Yes, because the idea of game-wide item listings was INVENTED by World of Warcraft. In fact, every single idea ever to exist in an MMORPG was invented by WoW. Those Jagex thieves.

"LOL" "@" Sarcasm.

igsig.png

Tournaments in the Arena? Splendid! I imagine that Clan activities will benefit here. Now you can have an awesome Tip.It event which culminates in a multi-way fragfest to determine the winner!

muah dont think you where the only one thinking of that :XD:

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

anyone got a clue on this? havnt seen it befor..

wolpertinger.gif

http://www.runescape.com/img/news/wolpertinger.gif

Hmm, a mystical creature. "It has body parts of various animals ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Just when I leave Runescape for WoW, they bring out the good stuff. :wall:

Well, they did kinda steal the grand exchange from WoW's auction house, and isn't there something in WoW that lets others assist/change your items?

Yes, because the idea of game-wide item listings was INVENTED by World of Warcraft. In fact, every single idea ever to exist in an MMORPG was invented by WoW. Those Jagex thieves.

"LOL" "@" Sarcasm.

Sarcasm = lowest form of wit

The fact remains that the AH system is the most prevalent type of system at this moment - I was remarking the irony that Umega had left RS for WoW, when RS was becoming more like WoW. I have no issue with jagex utilising the system - it works, it'll help jagex out and improve RS - its all good. Kindly learn to read and realise when there are and when there aren't negative comments in a post before you make yourself look a fool.

P.S. if you would like to name a system more prevalent then WoW AH and prove me wrong then feel free, I await your inevitably stunning answer.

Wow, I wonder what that last thing can be :D I guess we'll have to keep a lookout for hints :thumbsup:

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I think that monster thing is the Experiment #2 in the sewers of the witches house at Taverly.

didnt find wolpertinger when serching tipit nor runescapes serch, so i asume its not that one, or..

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Why does everyone try to compare runescape to world of warcraft. JAGEX DIDNT STEAL FUDGE ALL.

The auction house is NOT blizzards idea..

If you can prove that runescape is becoming more like wow then i will shut up.. but to be honest.. its becoming like any other MMORPG. I can name 3 games with an 'auction house', I can't even name the amount of games that have guild/clan/group support. I can't name the amount of games that have split loot.

Why, whenever an update comes out people always assume 'OMG JAGEXZZ STOLED FROM WOW' when in fact they are just 'evolving' into a better MMORPG like those in the market (WoW, Archlord, Eq2, Lineage2 ect..)

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

All I have to say is WOW. This month looks awesome! Although I do wonder what effects the exchange will have on the economy, now that goods will be readily purchasable. Now that there will be an easy way to buy from other players, prices will probably become very competitive. As a Runecrafter, this worries me a bit.

I wonder what the BIG update could be :-k Summoning? NEW BANK INTERFACE?! (god I hope it's the latter)

Long time ago since a small update has entered the game :D

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

Maybe the giant update is the pet thing :o

Weve had a bulldog teaser, and now a wolperthingywhatagain as an avatar next to the article?

Or maybe its something like a new skill or a giant minigame/quest.

Or both :P.

This month sounds wicked anyway, the Grand trade house, the finished storyline and the Tournament at the dueling arena.

It seems that they are making this year a 'fix everything in the current system' year. I mean weve had like loads of updates regarding the system.

Its a little low on content itself, but I cant complain.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite