Behind the Scenes - November Edition

darkjab

I'm looking forward to this month too. It looks like they are concentrating on the HAM storyline at the moment. I hope that when they have finished, they will get back to the Myreque and dwarf quests (my favourite).

The auction house looks great, good opportunity to get rid of some of my extra treasure trail gear, and sell some of the junk that I am not keen on dropping.

I have to say that I am looking forward to the big update. It looks like it will be released in the New Year (most likely) and I reckon that it will be a new skill. It could be a new minigame or area, but I don't think that they would describe it as such if it was one of those.

all in all, looks like a good month. I wonder what the guaranteed content poll will be? Hope that we get to vote for Fremennik area for achievement diary this time....

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wolpertinger (Crisensus bavaricus) (also called "Wolperdinger", "Poontinger" or "Woiperdinger") is a cryptid supposedly living in the alpine forests of Bavaria in Germany. It has body parts of various animals ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

99AgilitySignature-1.jpg

QP cape (20 october 2007)

Assist system: :thumbup:

Make x Smithing: Bah.. :|

Goblin quest: Filler junk :thumbdown:

'How much xp till my next level?': Don't need :|

Tournament: :thumbup:

'Grand Exchange': Lol best update ever :thumbup:

"something very, very big on the horizon": :XD:

2480+ total

Awesome updates. :thumbsup:

I don't care about the DA stuff, but the Grand Exchange is just the thing I've been hoping for, as I can't stand the crowds, lag and utter CHAOS on the big merchanting worlds... Now I'll finally be able to sell my TT items and slayer drops without losing my sanity.

Assist system looks good too, I like doing crafting stuff for other people but there's always the trust barrier. And Smith-X is a godsend :pray:

Goblin quests were fun, but not really challenging. Still, it's good to see Jagex finally tying up some loose ends... and with that one off the content developers' checklists, perhaps someone can finally begin working on the next part of the Ardougne quest line?

The big update announcement has more of a content vibe to me than a new skill. My money is on the return of the Mahjarrat, which might or might not include one or more quests or another GWD-like area... but will certainly have to change the wilderness in some huge way, making it the battlefield of demigods again :ohnoes:

I like how you posted that.

Assist system: Sounds ok, good for some of my skills

Make x Smithing: I don't train this skill much...

Goblin quest: I don't quest alot

'How much xp till my next level?: This is a good thing, although i could calculate this myself

Tournament: Sounds great.

'Grand Exchange: This also sounds great. Hopefully will get me some rares.

Red9999- 119 combat

89 / 99 cooking

A couple intriguing ideas from the RSOF about the big update...

Quote from Darespon1

"I think when they talk about the horizion, they're adding a sun, or a sky or something"

I agree too as I said before. Sky :)

------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from Elite Fluffy

"Horizon, you think of wide open seas, you think of ships.

And 'trickle' is to do with water.

If it is sailing/boating/seafaring, it'll be best update ever. "

I agree i think it has something to do with a sky! and a new skill like boating/seafaring

Either of these two would be awesome. Thought I still think that the new bank interface would be great.

some usefull stuff ,but this line at the end

We couldn't part from you without mentioning something very, very big on the horizon. The new year brings a stunning new update, and we are so happy with it that we are going to let a few hints trickle out over the next few weeks...

looks more intersting

Wow looks like jagex have been working hard for this month's line up. Also the hint at the bottom of maybe a new skill?

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

why is everyone saying this is the end of the goblin quests? Doesnt it say penultimate (as in second to last) - that means we have to wait for another one after this fact fans...

True, but the fact that they already know this is the second to last means the storyline has already been planned out to the end - which seems to be something Jagex never did with the other multiquest storylines before. I think especially with the Ardougne storyline they were just winging it.

Nothing special for me really, only these lines caught my eye

We couldn't part from you without mentioning something very, very big on the horizon. The new year brings a stunning new update, and we are so happy with it that we are going to let a few hints trickle out over the next few weeks...

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

Sounds like a great line-up. I'm just surprised that no one has posted a rant yet about how the make-X option for smithing is going to 'destroy smithing forever' etc. etc. :roll:

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

A couple intriguing ideas from the RSOF about the big update...

(...)"Horizon, you think of wide open seas, you think of ships.

And 'trickle' is to do with water.(...)

Kudos Island, anyone? :-k :pray:

Oh, and regarding the posters who mentioned Mechscape: I don't think so. BTS mentions "a stunning new update", and Mechscape would not be an update to Runescape but an entirely new thing in its own right.

As a result of numerous suggestions, we will also be making some changes to the skills interface. For one, we will be adding a 'How much xp till my next level?' statistic to each skill, so that you know just how close you are to achieving your goals!

Does anybody else remember the new skill icons that got leaked from the german knowledge base 8-)?

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

As a result of numerous suggestions, we will also be making some changes to the skills interface. For one, we will be adding a 'How much xp till my next level?' statistic to each skill, so that you know just how close you are to achieving your goals!

Does anybody else remember the new skill icons that got leaked from the german knowledge base 8-)?

hmm yeah, they all look good, except the agility one :(

99AgilitySignature-1.jpg

Yea they looked quite nice and they did have a "how much exp till next level?" bit. So maybe this is it? Some fot he icons look bad though

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

Yea they looked quite nice and they did have a "how much exp till next level?" bit. So maybe this is it? Some fot he icons look bad though

Yeah and maybe they would have to change the skill capes to?

99AgilitySignature-1.jpg

Yeah and maybe they would have to change the skill capes to?

That's the only thing im worried about :ohnoes: Well we'll wait and see

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif