Behind the Scenes - November Edition

darkjab

As a result of numerous suggestions, we will also be making some changes to the skills interface. For one, we will be adding a 'How much xp till my next level?' statistic to each skill, so that you know just how close you are to achieving your goals!

Does anybody else remember the new skill icons that got leaked from the german knowledge base 8-)?

hmm yeah, they all look good, except the agility one :(

Yea they looked quite nice and they did have a "how much exp till next level?" bit. So maybe this is it? Some fot he icons look bad though

Yeah and maybe they would have to change the skill capes to?

That's the only thing im worried about :ohnoes: Well we'll wait and see

if they mess up the skillcape colour and emote of teh agility cape(they were talking about what emotes you like) then im quitting rs :evil: :P

tifsdac6mc.gif

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make-X! Something they should have done a long time ago.

The Assist System sounds interesting, as does the "Grand Exchange", I wonder how both of those will be implemented.

True, but the fact that they already know this is the second to last means the storyline has already been planned out to the end - which seems to be something Jagex never did with the other multiquest storylines before. I think especially with the Ardougne storyline they were just winging it.

I'm sure Jagex have carefully planned all quest story lines, but I feel that they are locked away in some draw. I don't think TB@JT have any time currently to release a quest with the same magnitude of MEp2.

The new year brings a stunning new update...

We still have a few months to go, I don't see a reason to get excited, yet...

bewatchingyousigau4.gif

[260+ Quest Points] [All Skills 50+] [Lv 97 Combat]

As a result of numerous suggestions, we will also be making some changes to the skills interface. For one, we will be adding a 'How much xp till my next level?' statistic to each skill, so that you know just how close you are to achieving your goals!

Does anybody else remember the new skill icons that got leaked from the german knowledge base 8-)?

This is the new skills interface. Taken from leetscape.com-

untitled-11.jpg

Translation-

Runes Fabrication

Momentary XP

next graduates

remaining XP

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

untitled-11.jpg

Translation-

Runes Fabrication

Momentary XP

next graduates

remaining XP

Thosemay be literally translations but I'm fairly sure what it ACTUALLY says/means is:

Runecrafting

Current xp

Next Level at

Remaing Xp

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

untitled-11.jpg

Translation-

Runes Fabrication

Momentary XP

next graduates

remaining XP

Thosemay be literally translations but I'm fairly sure what it ACTUALLY says/means is:

Runecrafting

Current xp

Next Level at

Remaing Xp

Really? :roll:

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Grand Exchange will be great! Except, now I have no membership, I am going to hate the end-of-Novemeber update. I bet it's...hm...not a skill...Maybe RuneScape 3, lol. If it is a "Stunning new update" and they are "quite pleased with it"...Well, I have no idea what it is...

Only things it might be would be RuneScape 3D, MechScape, Graphics Overhaul...or something nobody would expect, such as the Southern Half of the RuneScape world, which is talked about on the RSOF...

A new Guarnteed content poll! What could it be? Christmas event?

What's this new update in the future? I think its a skill, if anyone remembers, when the Guarnteed content poll was released after you voted, there was a message saying they have a new skill in devlopment. Could this be it? If it is, what could it be? :-k

Other than that, looks like a good month! \'

Phaper_Plane.png

I don't even play much anymore but I must say I can't wait to check out the WoW-style auction house. Honestly, I could care less if it was WoW's idea first or not, as long as I'm not sitting in a headache-giving bank of constant colourful text for two hours just to sell a weeks worth of gear.

I wonder what the stunning new update to come will be. :-k

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

OMG! A "Grand Exchange", what a wonderful idea! If done right, we will be able to say goodbye to a majority of the scammers in the game. Joy!! :thumbsup:

***Happily poking bears, kicking cubs and petting bobcats since 1967***

eagleglobeanchorke1.gifc975dbbbcb.png eagleglobeanchorke1.gif

violent069oe7.gif Who says smileys are always happy? gunfight32zm4.gifmortarox0.gif

A new Guarnteed content poll! What could it be? Christmas event?

What's this new update in the future? I think its a skill, if anyone remembers, when the Guarnteed content poll was released after you voted, there was a message saying they have a new skill in devlopment. Could this be it? If it is, what could it be? :-k

Other than that, looks like a good month! \'

Take a look in RSOF suggestions forum.

The new poll will be on NPC graphics, and who we want updating.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Would anyone know what the opening of Grand Exchange would do to merchanting? I played WoW for a few months, but not enough to know anything about the state of merchanting. Maybe someone with enough WoW experiance could enlighten us, or someone can give us a prediction of what a release of an auction house can affect merchanting ( I know some people majour in that kinda thing. :) )

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

Looks Like a great month, I bet the skill will be summoning

evidence from 3 years ago:

"Summoning spells - summon skeletons, demons, etc...!"

that evidence is found on page 21 on the news articles under this title -Upcoming RuneScape updates for 31 March 2004

RIP Michaelangelopolous

couple of theories...

Possibly boating is hinted in the last 2 lines...

Trickle-water does that

Horizon-relied on heavily by older navigators

Also, the BTS icon is actually a Wolpertinger, the German equivelent of a jackalope, so possibly pets?

Noob is not a level, it is an attitude

MSSW3-Banner.gif

Support your favorite runescape site! (it better be tip.it :twisted:)

I think that we have a winner: Both players and Jagex seems to be very pleased with themselves and with the other party.

When you say the 'auction house' from WoW, what actually happens there? When I think auction, I think bidding, almost eBay style.

I don't think Jagex is heading in that direction. I think they want to keep the trading system on a strict basis: You trade items for money, or vice versa, or bartering: items for items. The only difference is that you can simultaneously perform another activity whilst selling an item. Mind you, it is a pretty awesome difference. \'

Assist system: Another nice update, which I'm sure will help the 'flow' of the Gielinorian economy.

And the mysterious update:

I don't think it's the so called Mechscape (By the way, the name sounds like a tacky ripoff, I think Jagex is moving in the wrong direction here.)

Jagex is much more intelligent than we would think. By the sounds of it, this is something we weren't, and currently aren't expecting. Speculate all you want, but the best thing we can do is try to drink in the 'hints' which Jagex will allow to trickle out in the next few weeks.

Somehow I get the feeling that Runescape related forums everywhere will start to overload with speculation topics... :-k

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I bet Ziddy is happy. An auction house is here. Hoo boy, that will be an interesting thing to see, especially with the not trading but still helping function.

I can't wait on that quest either. Sounds delectable.

Hints!? Hint!? I like hints!!! <3:

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Somehow I get the feeling that Runescape related forums everywhere will start to overload with speculation topics... :-k

You got that right :ohnoes: there is a thread on rs forums already 36 or so pages long started today thats all speculations

Noob is not a level, it is an attitude

MSSW3-Banner.gif

Support your favorite runescape site! (it better be tip.it :twisted:)

My, I'm more or so excited by this, but definitely more excited by the huge update they are promising us. If it's huge, and they are already releasing its info by month, then it has to be something larger then GWD. Kind of breaks my heart not knowing.

Overall looks like a great month. ^^

Without a doubt, this is one of the most exciting BTS i've seen in ages.

The new exchange is the most exciting, and the new Assist thing sounds interesting too :)

Can' wait.

Kudos to Jagex for finally paying attention to us lol :thumbsup:

Harrington.gif

I think that we have a winner: Both players and Jagex seems to be very pleased with themselves and with the other party.

When you say the 'auction house' from WoW, what actually happens there? When I think auction, I think bidding, almost eBay style.

I don't think Jagex is heading in that direction. I think they want to keep the trading system on a strict basis: You trade items for money, or vice versa, or bartering: items for items. The only difference is that you can simultaneously perform another activity whilst selling an item. Mind you, it is a pretty awesome difference. \'

Basically how the WoW Auction house works is like you set a buyout price and a bidding price. Someone can choose to buyout(pays more) or bids(pays less but has the risk of loosing the bid) if you win the items come in the mail, if you lose the bid, you get your money back... But i'm thinking with jagex they only did a 'Buyout' section although i could be wrong :P

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other