So...they're finally listening...

darkmage099

Jagex is now making update after update based on what YOU want rather than what they think is best. These updates include the duel arena system, the auction house, and many more to come.

One question

Are you happy? Is this what you wanted?

Will they eventually make a FATAL mistake (if not already)?

/discuss

I'm looking for a discussion; not a general answer to this question.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

They've been catering to what the people want for a long time now. If you look past quest updates, the majority of their updates are updates that were in some shape or form requested by us. It's nothing new, it just seems a lot different because you're getting hit by a lot of news at once.

They really do care about their customers, and not just their extremely large bank account. They are asking their customers what they want, while improving the game at the same time. The Grand Exchange will cut down on autotypers and scammers, while bringing in an update that will better the economy and make a lot of players happy. The Duel Arena update is just freakin awsome, nothing more to say about that... :D

=D> Jagex =D>

EDIT: Dangit I was so close to getting the first post... <.<

Pasty.png

They've been catering to what the people want for a long time now. If you look past quest updates, the majority of their updates are updates that were in some shape or form requested by us. It's nothing new, it just seems a lot different because you're getting hit by a lot of news at once.

Dang, back when I used to play you'd probably have to riot at their building to get something changed...Nonetheless, it is happening, and is it in the best interest of the majority of the players?

dmanxb7.jpg

They really do care about their customers, and not just their extremely large bank account. They are asking their customers what they want, while improving the game at the same time. The Grand Exchange will cut down on autotypers and scammers, while bringing in an update that will better the economy and make a lot of players happy. The Duel Arena update is just freakin awsome, nothing more to say about that... :D

=D> Jagex =D>

EDIT: Dangit I was so close to getting the first post... <.<

+1 except the first post part

They have always been listening. Things take time to develope though. One mistake and they could literally, irriversible ruin the game. Big things have to be taken slow. So you had to wait? Well just be glad they toke their time and did a good job instead of ruining the entire game.

bestsignpic.png

2181st to 99 Runecrafting on 7/28/2009

They have always been listening. Things take time to develope though. One mistake and they could literally, irriversible ruin the game. Big things have to be taken slow. So you had to wait? Well just be glad they toke their time and did a good job instead of ruining the entire game.

The GE update has the potential to turn the economy inside-out if Jagex doesn't put some sort of restrictions in place. As stated in another thread, people with a lot of money could buy up all of one type of item and then resell it at a much higher price.

td2sig.jpg

Since rts began they have done updates people want.

Trouble is with half a yr between concept and update arriving most people forget that it was a player idea or a form of a player idea when it arrives.

All they are doing now is using thier upgraded engine to implement systems that have been suggested thousands of times in order to limit scamming and up game efficiency.

However they are not stupid only POPULAR and LOGICAL ideas are used and all ideas are taken to the concept stage then developed to workable ideas by Jagex staff. Anything that doesn't make the grade is not used

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There's been a change, trust me. I know it takes time blah blah blah. I'm saying %100 of their updates have been useful and taken directly from the players. Look at march 2006...who the heck uses or wants temple trekking?

dmanxb7.jpg

The GE update has the potential to turn the economy inside-out if Jagex doesn't put some sort of restrictions in place. As stated in another thread, people with a lot of money could buy up all of one type of item and then resell it at a much higher price.

Good thing Jagex will take their time so it WONT ruin the game..just like I said. Go Jagex. Im glad they take their time, let people whin, then introduce it when its good and ready. Thanks for the backup dragonlord.

bestsignpic.png

2181st to 99 Runecrafting on 7/28/2009

Don't make a post like this on the RSOF, you'll get responses like "pmg how bout da mashene gun!?!"

It's great their listening, but they shouldn't put in ridiculous stuff just to make the little beggars happy (Rule #14, give beggars at least 1gp)

This is Runescapeloser22, made a new account name know that I quit Runescape.

Real Rank: Demon Vanquisher

jealoussig-1.jpg

BOSTON RED SOX 2007 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

I thought Vegimite was another word for lesbian.... :oops:

Good thing Jagex will take their time so it WONT ruin the game..just like I said. Go Jagex. Im glad they take their time, let people whin, then introduce it when its good and ready. Thanks for the backup dragonlord.

You seem so sure.... We'll see how it goes.

dmanxb7.jpg

There's been a change, trust me. I know it takes time blah blah blah. I'm saying %100 of their updates have been useful and taken directly from the players. Look at march 2006...who the heck uses or wants temple trekking?

^Erm, I do. TT is a great minigame. Good for large quantities of coal, iron, pure ess, watermelon, bowstrings and good for lumberjack gear. I quite enjoy that minigame.

On topic though, I agree with some of the above posters. Jagex have been listening for a while and have come up with some really good updates catering for both high and low levels. And I am looking forward to this next month + the secret big update... :)

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

Like others have said, they've always been listening to our suggestions.

It's just now they're finally starting to implement all of the interface updates we've always wanted, instead of new items, minigames, and quests, so it has become more obvious that they're listening.

IMO I think the last 6 months have had the worst updates. I don't like updates that have nothing in game that you can't do. Quests, skills, minigames, and more updates that you can use and explore constantly is what I like. I don't like bull like God Wars Dungeon either which is hard for even high levels. Besides im not a monster person, it's all luck. I don't like updates that you can't DO something with, like small updates to interface and stuff. I think that's useless. Assist system, who cares, waste of an update, grand exchange woooo just for lazy people who can't sell (and im no merchanter), ruins selling in bulk too. I'd rather have quickie quests honestly than updates that are one sided and don't help the entire runescape population. LOOTSHARE wow useless! i was happy with new treasure trails, quests, minigames, and more, but these updates are useless to me basically. Duel arena update is gonna be cool at least along with the quest, at least you can DO something with that.

I don't think they're 'finally' listening it's just that they're planning to release an update that you like. Other people may of liked the updates you dis-liked and thought the same as you have done.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

It's a good start. I love the new trading system tbh; no more camping out on forums \'

Their eliminating lurers, scammers, merchants, and autoers. All at the the same time making the game better and better!

I'm very happy with what their doing to RuneScape. <3:

They're helping them, not eliminating.

They're helping them, not eliminating.

We won't know that until it actually comes out, we're going to have to wait to find out the specifics, because right now we have a 4 sentence blurb about it.

seetons.png

Feel free to HYT me in-game =)

~~3,483rd to 99 Thieving, Feb 22, 2008~~

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin (& Hobbes)

IMO I think the last 6 months have had the worst updates. I don't like updates that have nothing in game that you can't do. Quests, skills, minigames, and more updates that you can use and explore constantly is what I like. I don't like bull like God Wars Dungeon either which is hard for even high levels. Besides im not a monster person, it's all luck. I don't like updates that you can't DO something with, like small updates to interface and stuff. I think that's useless. Assist system, who cares, waste of an update, grand exchange woooo just for lazy people who can't sell (and im no merchanter), ruins selling in bulk too. I'd rather have quickie quests honestly than updates that are one sided and don't help the entire runescape population. LOOTSHARE wow useless! i was happy with new treasure trails, quests, minigames, and more, but these updates are useless to me basically. Duel arena update is gonna be cool at least along with the quest, at least you can DO something with that.

Hard for high levels? I don't understand. A significant amount of high level players seem to complain about the lack of updates catered towards them - one arrives and you say it's too difficult. Do you really think they're going to give the high levels something that's not challenging?