So...they're finally listening...

darkmage099

the title's wrong.

Should be: So...they're finally saying that they're listening.

They've been listening for quite a while. A large amount of updates have been from the forums and player suggestions. They just haven't said that, so people think that they're not doing what the people want.

But i think it was smart to finally say that they're doing it, so people will lay off lol

Jagex has always been listening to the players. The biggest thing they are doing now is going out of their way to point how much they listen to us.

For example - People buying Full Guthans were getting ripped off alot because people would offer a leaf-bladed spear instead of Guthan's Warspear. A lot of people lost 5M+ to this scam. When Jagex made the leaf-bladed spear untradeable it was the very last line in the "In other new section" of an update. Nowadays, Jagex would probably make a big production out of this and it would have it's own update and Jagex would let us know that they did this because of the people complaining after getting scammed.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

castlewars and pc were both the products of many player suggestions.

Neither matches any one precise player suggestion, but they both follow a base principle that alot of suggested games used.

And they are years old.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The secret update... I have no idea! There's been rumours of 'Mechscape', but I can't see this happening (it's not an update for Runescape - at least, I sincerely hope not!), it's more likely to be a new skill or land. Though, hunting released a few bonus areas, and Jagex didn't hype it up...

IMO, a new skill. In a previous official poll (I forget which - it was around when they released the new poll system), Jagex stated that they have some new skill ideas in the works, or words to that effect. Though I can't think of what the new skill would be...

Perhaps a couple new skills that compliment each other, with a new area to use the skills? Kind of a woodcut / fletch style thing?

The title of this thread really annoys me. I sometimes wish that Jagex would actually stop listening to players, stop their customer service, just so people appreciate what they do.

As a lot of people said before me, they do listen. The only problem is implementing these ideas, and sorting through the useless ones. Machine guns? Ridiculous. Horses? Negates all the hard work the older players puts in.

Any good ideas people have are considered - it just takes time for this to happen. Jagex have even tried to show this in the Development Diaries - but I guess the whiny players wouldn't bother reading those. Impetuous Impulses took 28 weeks (Half a year!) from concept to implementation. IMO, that minigame wouldn't have been a difficult one to create, unlike a system like Castle Wars which required it's own interfaces, etc.. 6 weeks for the NPC model updates. These things take time.

Oh, and not all of the updates are geared towards you specifically. There will be updates that some players do not like, whereas others enjoy them. Such as the anti-scam updates - it keeps the younger players playing the game. How would you like it if something you worked at for a week or two was taken away by some luring team? You may say that you wouldn't fall for this, but it happens. I almost fell for the 'giving away sharks, show ur inventory' scam. When I first started the game, I could have easily fallen victim to a team scam - I didn't know enough about prices back then. However, too many players say that Jagex should stop with the 'kiddie' updates. I started playing the game when I was about 17.

IMO I think the last 6 months have had the worst updates. I don't like updates that have nothing in game that you can't do. Quests, skills, minigames, and more updates that you can use and explore constantly is what I like. I don't like bull like God Wars Dungeon either which is hard for even high levels. Besides im not a monster person, it's all luck. I don't like updates that you can't DO something with, like small updates to interface and stuff. I think that's useless. Assist system, who cares, waste of an update, grand exchange woooo just for lazy people who can't sell (and im no merchanter), ruins selling in bulk too. I'd rather have quickie quests honestly than updates that are one sided and don't help the entire runescape population. LOOTSHARE wow useless! i was happy with new treasure trails, quests, minigames, and more, but these updates are useless to me basically. Duel arena update is gonna be cool at least along with the quest, at least you can DO something with that.

Hard for high levels? I don't understand. A significant amount of high level players seem to complain about the lack of updates catered towards them - one arrives and you say it's too difficult. Do you really think they're going to give the high levels something that's not challenging?

GWD takes a ridiculous amount of resources and the fact that you have to kill 40 monsters before facing a boss that takes 200k+ every 5 kills is ridiculous, along with a horrible drop rate that amounts to nearly useless.....Even 126's can have a lot of trouble here.

Yes and No.

They seem to be releasing more updates players ask for like the grand exchange, duel thing, while miners for example are pretty much called liers when they point out the skill is broken. People working in jagex can be too stubborn to except certain things dont function the way they are supposed to.

I seen on the official forums when jagex mods have the attitude they must be right because they are jagex gods while we peasents must have our facts wrong. :-s The PLAYERS dont know how the game PLAYS. A few testers at jagex know more than a few hundred thousands players. =D>

..Still it doesnt matter because as soon as anyone sees them post they scream like a girl.. #-o Kinda like people suck up to them on these forums. People arnt allowed to express their opinion! All hail the almighty jagex gods! They deserve all your respect and money! :XD: Stop feeding their ego, even jagex are human and get big headed..

Next on the list I hope for a better bank and a better way to organise the friends list. I do agree they have been listening alot more lately.. With the new chat system and share loot etc. It shouldnt take over 5 years to release something people been asking for though.. just because you joined a year ago dont mean people been asking long before! I dont know what needed an upgraded engine to work because I dont work for them.. but hopefully they can keep releasing the updates that are seriously needed to keep this game improving. BASIC needs like a way to organise your bank and friends list.

Just a little FYI here guys...

The bank pin was suggested by a player...Me :D ! about a year before they implemented it.

This has been going on for years. And I would say that it is a safe bet to say that Addy, rune, and dragon were all suggestions made by players.

Vene

Venedlor.png

IMO I think the last 6 months have had the worst updates. I don't like updates that have nothing in game that you can't do. Quests, skills, minigames, and more updates that you can use and explore constantly is what I like. I don't like bull like God Wars Dungeon either which is hard for even high levels. Besides im not a monster person, it's all luck. I don't like updates that you can't DO something with, like small updates to interface and stuff. I think that's useless. Assist system, who cares, waste of an update, grand exchange woooo just for lazy people who can't sell (and im no merchanter), ruins selling in bulk too. I'd rather have quickie quests honestly than updates that are one sided and don't help the entire runescape population. LOOTSHARE wow useless! i was happy with new treasure trails, quests, minigames, and more, but these updates are useless to me basically. Duel arena update is gonna be cool at least along with the quest, at least you can DO something with that.

I agree completely... I hate relying on luck, skills + minigames + quests are the best!

We have not been having good updates.

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

They're helping them, not eliminating.

I'm pretty sure their going to implement a MAXIMUM and MINIMUM price for all items, so there will be no price manipulating whatsoever in the Grand Exchange. :thumbsup:

Theres no need to implement maximum and minimum price for items. The realistic minimum price for 99% of items is the high alch price and the maximum is whatever people are prepared to pay.

Jagex will always make an mistake, it always always happens.

In the begin of fight cave they supposed to let it be a safe minigame, ring of life teled me out 1st attempt.

They will always make mistakes and it takes what? like a year before they notice it and fix it?

The+Murder21.png

Masters jadder The Murder21 Vids:

Jad + rubber chicken = fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN1EpLely_Q

Jagex is now making update after update based on what YOU want rather than what they think is best. These updates include the duel arena system, the auction house, and many more to come.

sorry its no auction house

its stated right here

Later in the month, we bring you the 'Grand Exchange'. This new building will be located in the north-west of Varrock and will house a huge new addition to the game: the ability to offer items to buy and sell across ALL servers and to ALL players! You might, for example, go to the Exchange and put a full Barrows set up for sale - then, playing Skullball in Canifis, you might get a message telling you that they have sold and that you can go to the nearest bank to receive payment! The Grand Exchange will allow you to spend more time on the things you enjoy, providing a less time-consuming alternative to selling your items on the Forums or amongst the crowds of Varrock Marketplace.

they always hav.

but one update that many people want but hasn't be put in is the quest points in the highscores.

you are noticing because now they are saying as you requested/

mathisfun.png