Tip.IT secret santa?

Futurama

Not a runescape one, a real one. They're basically where you'd all pm me (or someone else heading it) your contact details, i'd rearrange the list and give everyone a random address, and you send a present through the post.

I was wondering what the mods etc would think of this, privacy and all that, and if we could actually do it.

Any ideas?

logo.jpg

Think Tip It tried this (for an RS one) . It never worked because some people didn't give gifts yet still gladly accepted ones from others.

However as it is a real one I could see this working, but wonder if people would give away their real life address. :-s

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

Yeah 16+ and if mods don't accept (likely) organise it out of TIF. As in contact us through MSN or things like that. Therefore where not breaking the rules and I'm not breaking the rules by saying this. :wink:

Also organise it with people who live near each other so it doesn't cost alot with postage costs.

Welp, i'd be happy to organize the UK one, getting it there in time is also an issue because of international postage if we did just one big one.

maybe there should be a minimum age and a minimum post count (just to make sure people arn't jacking presents off each other and not sending one back.)

logo.jpg

Due to the difficulties of mail, why not just make an image of a 'gift' and spread those over PM? No privacy issues, no unreliable mail... A lot safer all around.

Due to the difficulties of mail, why not just make an image of a 'gift' and spread those over PM? No privacy issues, no unreliable mail... A lot safer all around.
because you can't eat it.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

That present would suck. Unless you're female and love all that "its the thought which counts crap." :P

Welp, i'd be happy to organize the UK one, getting it there in time is also an issue because of international postage if we did just one big one.

maybe there should be a minimum age and a minimum post count (just to make sure people arn't jacking presents off each other and not sending one back.)

Seems like a good idea, I mean I could easily send one to you! :wink: considering you are only an hour train journey away from me, my sister has even gone shopping in Birmingham today!

I agree on the minimum age and count though.

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

.retired, as of the 1st January 2008.

no i think we should draw a present like what necro said :P

teabag.png

their you go necro!

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

anyone else going to draw a present?

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

I am 99.99% sure that Tip.It Administration would never allow this to happen, for the following reasons:

A. Although Tip.It Administration could say that they're not involved in the Secret Santa, it would still happen on Forum.Tip.It, which makes it their responsibility to stop it.

B. Transmitting personal information (especially your address) is against the forum rules.

C. (About you.) I don't know about you, but I would NOT want to be in charge of tracking peoples' personal information like that - if something were to happen, you and Tip.It Administration would be in trouble.

It would be neat, but impractical.

~Rcty

Rcty