Playstation 3 - Failure?

Abelmisi

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really know there are two things that could happen:

1. Sony fails to sell enough consoles. :(

2. Sony uses the 40 Gb to combat the 360 and if it works the PS3 will gradualy catch up. :D

I thought the PS3 may not work but when i heard about the 40GB i thought different. If sony can continue to work on it and advertise it.

And they should try to destroy microsoft like microsoft is trying to destroy the PS3 by trying to take its exclusives and other things.

One last thing...

You are still arguing about games!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

There is some very fun games on the PS3.

I don't want to hear your rubbish about no good games!

That's the whole thing though. A lot of the good games on Ps3 can also be found on the 360. As for Microsoft trying to take the Ps3's exclusives, even though I dont like Microsoft..they're not trying to take exclusives. The 360 is easier to develop for, so the developers are making the games for the 360 also.

I don't trust microsoft. I think that even MGS4 won't remain exclusive to the PS3. And the good exclusives can't be found on the 360.

Question:

How much is a premium 360 in america

I don't really know there are two things that could happen:

1. Sony fails to sell enough consoles. :(

2. Sony uses the 40 Gb to combat the 360 and if it works the PS3 will gradualy catch up. :D

I thought the PS3 may not work but when i heard about the 40GB i thought different. If sony can continue to work on it and advertise it.

And they should try to destroy microsoft like microsoft is trying to destroy the PS3 by trying to take its exclusives and other things.

One last thing...

You are still arguing about games!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

There is some very fun games on the PS3.

I don't want to hear your rubbish about no good games!

That's the whole thing though. A lot of the good games on Ps3 can also be found on the 360. As for Microsoft trying to take the Ps3's exclusives, even though I dont like Microsoft..they're not trying to take exclusives. The 360 is easier to develop for, so the developers are making the games for the 360 also.

I don't trust microsoft. I think that even MGS4 won't remain exclusive to the PS3. And the good exclusives can't be found on the 360.

Question:

How much is a premium 360 in america

The Premium (now called the pro model that has an hdmi port) is $350. The ps3 40gb is $400.

goldenblade995.png

PS3 will catch up a bit, Wii is slowly getting closer to the Xbox360. The 40gb PS3 looks nice, but IMO, 360 is better, i don't know why...Still, all consoles are having great games/features/updates within time, like Halo3/Wii Zapper/New PS3. They are getting better as time passes. \'

At least the PS3 doesn't fail literally like the Xbox 360 did/does. I honestly think it's a matter of opinion. I'd take a PS3 over a 360 any time, without any hesitation.
Read thread, then post, [wagon].

If the 360 is faulty, you can get a new one for no charge what so ever, and the number which have the problem is so bloody small the chances of it happening to you is almost non-existant. But then again you're content to pay more for less, a car salesman dream. Enjoy being ripped off through your life.

360 is a rip off because a PS3 40GB is $50 more than a 360 and yet it has a blu-ray player and wifi which doesn't come built in with the 360.

And if you were to buy a wifi thingy and a HD DVD player for the 360 the price would a lot more than a PS3.

360 is NOT reliable.

(plus the bill for Xbox live)

360 is a rip off because a PS3 40GB is $50 more than a 360 and yet it has a blu-ray player and wifi which doesn't come built in with the 360.

And if you were to buy a wifi thingy and a HD DVD player for the 360 the price would a lot more than a PS3.

360 is NOT reliable.

Will you people stop saying that 360's are unreliable? You're just spreading around false information at this point.

Also, lets talk about the hardware for a bit. The fact is, price wise, you are correct in saying both are about of the same value hardware wise. The 360 is much easier to take advantage of than the PS3 though, which explains why some games which came to both consoles performed better on the 360.

For example, madden 07. Ran 60fps flawlessly on the 360, but only 30fps with some slowdowns on the PS3.

Right now the difference that is being discussed is the game libraries, which like I said unless you're a fanboy the 360 just simply has the advantage. Now sure in a year, two years time this may be different but right now the PS3 seriously has to do a lot of catching up to get to the 360 level. The only good games that are coming out soon (exclusive) are MGS4, the new final fantasy and PS3 Home.

At least the PS3 doesn't fail literally like the Xbox 360 did/does. I honestly think it's a matter of opinion. I'd take a PS3 over a 360 any time, without any hesitation.
Read thread, then post, [wagon].

If the 360 is faulty, you can get a new one for no charge what so ever, and the number which have the problem is so bloody small the chances of it happening to you is almost non-existant. But then again you're content to pay more for less, a car salesman dream. Enjoy being ripped off through your life.

and the 2 weeks that you don't have your 360 because of shipping it to them and getting a new one?

on gi's interview with microsoft, it said that 1/3 of the 360's would have the ring of death problem. non-existant eh?

oh and i have madden for ps3 and i'm borrowing my friends 360 version, i have not experienced any slow downs compared to the 360 version. they play practically the same though no rumble kinda puts off the ps3 version

What?

m_theory11.png

360 is NOT reliable.

Will you people stop saying that 360's are unreliable? You're just spreading around false information at this point.

Also, lets talk about the hardware for a bit. The fact is, price wise, you are correct in saying both are about of the same value hardware wise. The 360 is much easier to take advantage of than the PS3 though, which explains why some games which came to both consoles performed better on the 360.

For example, madden 07. Ran 60fps flawlessly on the 360, but only 30fps with some slowdowns on the PS3.

Right now the difference that is being discussed is the game libraries, which like I said unless you're a fanboy the 360 just simply has the advantage. Now sure in a year, two years time this may be different but right now the PS3 seriously has to do a lot of catching up to get to the 360 level. The only good games that are coming out soon (exclusive) are MGS4, the new final fantasy and PS3 Home.

I'm really starting to get angry with you. :x

First you spread bad things about the Playstation which really matter.

Now when i say a FACT!Its false? :cry:

The madden issue with 360 running at 60 and PS3 30 there was a reason for that. And just because the 360 has loads of games, it doesn't them all good.

360 is NOT reliable.

I'm really starting to get angry with you. :x

First you spread bad things about the Playstation which really matter.

Now when i say a FACT!Its false? :cry:

The madden issue with 360 running at 60 and PS3 30 there was a reason for that. And just because the 360 has loads of games, it doesn't them all good.

Fanboy.

PS3 isnt a great console my friend has one and said its not all that great and the 360 is better. He only has because of his dad they play it together all the time so its worth for them.

PS3 may be cheaper with all the extras but yet again they make the trip up of BLU RAY.

Since the Nintendo 64 came out I've bought every new console release (Ps1/2 Gamecube/Wii Xbox/360 and a Dreamcast) And I didn't buy the PS3, so I guess that must say something.

Btw, I'm not "spoiled", my family are avid gamers. :P

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

Nad, it's not worth bothering to argue. I doubt henman could even define what the words, 'fact', 'opinion', 'arguement' and 'bias' mean. :|

Yeah I'm giving up on him. He hasn't even tried to argue back against my points :/.

Nad, it's not worth bothering to argue. I doubt henman could even define what the words, 'fact', 'opinion', 'arguement' and 'bias' mean. :|

Yeah I'm giving up on him. He hasn't even tried to argue back against my points :/.

I'm not even gonna bother to reply to that!

You just did.

:wall:

I'll leave it up to you to figure out why the irony is killing me mate.

I'm actually being optimistic and going to suggest that henman made a funny. A genuine funny, for a change. :P

You just did.

I know i just did but that was to tell him i won't reply again but right now i've just replied again to tell you why.

Look they've basically fixed that with the falcon, please shut up about it.

did everyone's current 360 magically upgrade to get a falcon chip? no, the falcon model is gonna be on the shelves

gamestop and ebgames don't just trade them out for the old ones you idiot

fortunately i bought the elite which they said shouldn't have the ring of death problem.

everything keeps getting repeated over and over

360 = now

ps3 = future

for the first year or so, pretty much the only standout marketable title was gears of war that was only out for 360

this is about to be ps3's first year in a week or so

on ps3 it was resistance that had good sales and was an exclusive

for the next year, they both have good games coming out but sony's looks far better by next holiday season

and bad sales from the ps3? maybe compared to the wii but not the 360

ps3360chart_01.jpg

as you can see, it's going head to head with the sales of the first months of the 360 which had NO competition.

so don't be so quick to say ps3 is not selling well, the 360 had a whole year headstart remember. ps3 is selling just as much as the 360 did for the first year

and with the ps3's big guns ie mgs4, ff 13, gt5. i wouldn't count them out and even go as far as calling them a failure

What?

m_theory11.png

did everyone's current 360 magically upgrade to get a falcon chip? no, the falcon model is gonna be on the shelves

gamestop and ebgames don't just trade them out for the old ones you idiot

No not magically, but its called "sending in the thing and getting it fixed", assuming you even have the defective version. THe new systems DO have the falcon chip, and gamestop and eb games stock those. Whatever you have, you're covered either way, and thus "teh 360 iz br0k3" is no longer a problem.

If you bothered to actually think of what he meant, you wouldn't have to unnecessarily call him an idiot. Name calling only rebounds back on you.

360 = now

ps3 = future

You misunderstand. The 360=future, and the ps3 =future. They don't call them "next-gen" for nothing. Don't ask me to elaborate, since you were equally vague there.

for the first year or so, pretty much the only standout marketable title was gears of war that was only out for 360

this is about to be ps3's first year in a week or so

on ps3 it was resistance that had good sales and was an exclusive

...and with the ps3's big guns ie mgs4, ff 13, gt5. i wouldn't count them out and even go as far as calling them a failure

Lies.

You clearly know nothing about the 360, and I'm shocked seeing that you have one. Not only was there gears, there was Call of Duty 2, Dead Rising, GRAW, Prey, Saint's Row, and many more. And that isn't even a quarter of the first year's exclusives, not even half of the good ones.

And as for those three exclusives you just referred to (I'll ignore gran turismo as a killer app), remember that two exclusives are lost for every one that remains. In fact, I think the only reason non-fanboy ps3 owners are holding on to their ps3s are because of those two games. They're the only signs of the ps3's "potential" that's been MIA since its launch.

Look here if you want to see all of them

Note the 360's 44 exclusives vs the ps3's 8.

for the next year, they both have good games coming out but sony's looks far better by next holiday season

Like what? The dual-shock controller?[/sarcasm]

as you can see, it's going head to head with the sales of the first months of the 360 which had NO competition.

so don't be so quick to say ps3 is not selling well, the 360 had a whole year headstart remember. ps3 is selling just as much as the 360 did for the first year

Well, it's true that the 360 sold at the same rate as the ps3 for its first year, but why don't we look at American sales alone?

American sales from launch

And Japanese sales

Sales from Japan since launch

Now where do you think the ps3 is getting all of its sales?

mind you, I don't think the ps3 is a failure either, but it's far from the truth to think it's in overall superior than the 360 or wii at this point. As for the future, the nex-gen wars aren't quite over, we'll see eventually.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.