So, the Australian election.

AThousandLies

So, how'd you guys vote/how are you gonna vote?

I went for the coalition. :XD:

I don't see any particular problems, I've got no particular worries about workchoices and the economy and employment have been going along nicely (which both inevitably waterfall down into everything else indirectly or otherwise) so I decided against change.

If I were voting I would of voted the Coalition. Things are running smooth enough, I don't see why a change is necessary especially to a party with so little experience.

But I don't see the coalition winning, it'll be tight though.

On a side note have you seen the tv war between channel 7 and 9 on the election night. Channel 7 are promoting their election show saying "their doing it right" and that it'll be fun. I'd like to see them do that while having a credible informative election night show. Anyway its worth a watch.

For some reason I think the Coalition will win. Even though Kev should win.

I'm sick of all the ads though. All of them are about how bad the other party is. I'm glad it's over.

And the TV tonight...I think channel 7 will just be boring. They say they will make it fun but how can people counting votes be fun? There will be nothing on TV tonight lol.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Koch is annoying as it is. But him, plus the rest of that weak group of TV 'personalities' trying to make the election fun? I'll take Star Wars, thanks.

Lol, I think I might join that sentiment. Labor are going to win. Anyone can tell that by now.

Koch is annoying as it is. But him, plus the rest of that weak group of TV 'personalities' trying to make the election fun? I'll take Star Wars, thanks.

Lol, I think I might join that sentiment. Labor are going to win. Anyone can tell that by now.

Yeah its not looking good at all for Liberal at the moment, as well as for Howard's seat of Bennelong. Which on a side note I lived in for 14 years of my life.

It looks like Rudd's gonna win, been watching it on TV for about the past hour or 2. Yay for Kev! :D

For some reason I think the Coalition will win. Even though Kev should win.

I'm sick of all the ads though. All of them are about how bad the other party is. I'm glad it's over.

And the TV tonight...I think channel 7 will just be boring. They say they will make it fun but how can people counting votes be fun? There will be nothing on TV tonight lol.

Star Wars is on channel 10 tonight btw lol.

wardockunder30kbla2.gif

Thanks Ronnii :D

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER

Well congrats Rudd. (he won).

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22813391-2,00.html

I hope he keeps up the promise he made about internet speeds, i'm looking damn forward to that.

His Internet policy is a load of crap, It's delivering a minimum of 12 megabits, whereas ADSL 2+ which is currently being rolled out runs at 22 megabits. In short the Internet connection currently provided by the private sector (which I'm happily on) is running faster then what he is proposing. Really it is only a good thing if you live in a small town that doesn't have ADSL 2+.

Howard and rudd, no difference they are the same.

Personally, if I were old enough, I'd vote for the lesser of two evils. It's highly likely that no matter which PM we get, they'll be a jerk. So, Rudd, I suppose. At least he has more hair on top of his head than he does on his eyebrows.

You know, they did that in Germany in the 1930's. :lol:

Wow, a BNP supporter triggering Godwinn's law. Who'd've thunk it.

Anyway, I found this picture of Australian democracy in action kind of amusing...

r205796783448fh8.jpg

I herd u liek Ruddkipz

Anyways, Was going for liberal. Will be very, very interesting to see how he plays this one out. I say we're not completed messed up if he stays on America's good side. But hey, what do I know about politics heh. Can anyone either post or pm me a short list of what he promised to do in his campaign? To see if he goes through with it?

His Internet policy is a load of crap, It's delivering a minimum of 12 megabits, whereas ADSL 2+ which is currently being rolled out runs at 22 megabits. In short the Internet connection currently provided by the private sector (which I'm happily on) is running faster then what he is proposing. Really it is only a good thing if you live in a small town that doesn't have ADSL 2+.
A minimum 12 megabits and you're calling it crap? It's better than ADSL and when you consider that a lot of suburbs (around major cities) are not ADSL2+ enabled for a lot of ISP's; that's a good thing the min connection is being jacked up to much.

Seriously, it was 6 months or something before my exchange was ASL2+ ready, and still only like 3 ISP's other than Telstra made it available :uhh:

I herd u liek Ruddkipz

Anyways, Was going for liberal. Will be very, very interesting to see how he plays this one out. I say we're not completed messed up if he stays on America's good side. But hey, what do I know about politics heh. Can anyone either post or pm me a short list of what he promised to do in his campaign? To see if he goes through with it?

http://www.alp.org.au/policy/index.php

:wink:

Edit: by the way, how ironic is that last t-shirt now given recent news? Haha: