Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

warren211

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy [bleep] [cabbage] im so [bleep] mad right now, a few minutes ago my dad announced that the game was [bleep] offensive. he said it mimicked the war and made fun of [bleep] muslims too much for me to play it (im 13), can anybody give me a good way to convince him to let me have it? ive already told him its possibly the best game ever on the 360, but hes like, "too [bleep] bad"

My father is [nominally] islamic and he played the game for a while, and thought it was fun (but to be honest, his skills barely beat some levels on the lowest AI level :lol: )

Seems like your dad is grossly over-reacting. What about missions where marines go to Uzbekistan for example, and you can hear russian in the background? The militants are barely 'religious'...

A lot of wars these days happen in desert environments, that's a fact and there's nothing "anti-anything" in it. Heck, there are WW2 games where you can play russians and kill europeans. It's just a game.

Earlier, wars were in jungles, or poor continents such as Africa (1950-2000, and still ongoing wars). What's insulting muslims if there is a war in an islamic country? It's just a fact, and it's happening right now.

There is one extremely crap and annoying thing about this game. It only supports 1 person per xbox when doing system link!

I went to a LAN the other day ready to play a whole lot of halo 3 and cod 4 but we found that we could only have 1 person per tv! Why?!

Cod 3 never had this problem and cod 4 has 4 player split screen for local, why not system link?! I am fuming, although halo 3 was fun by itself....

COD1 and COD3 were made by TREYARCH, and COD 2 and 4 were made by Infinity Ward. The consensus is that IW is a far better developer then TREYARCH, which is unfortunate because trey is developing cod5, and we're going to the pacific theater. Looks like that ends my short tour with the COD series :|.

Oh well Vegas 2 is coming out soon!

happiehour.jpeg

There is one extremely crap and annoying thing about this game. It only supports 1 person per xbox when doing system link!

I went to a LAN the other day ready to play a whole lot of halo 3 and cod 4 but we found that we could only have 1 person per tv! Why?!

Cod 3 never had this problem and cod 4 has 4 player split screen for local, why not system link?! I am fuming, although halo 3 was fun by itself....

COD1 and COD3 were made by TREYARCH, and COD 2 and 4 were made by Infinity Ward. The consensus is that IW is a far better developer then TREYARCH, which is unfortunate because trey is developing cod5, and we're going to the pacific theater. Looks like that ends my short tour with the COD series :|.

Oh well Vegas 2 is coming out soon!

COD1 was made by Infantry Ward. The deal that was made that IW would make even and Treyarch would make odd titles was made after COD1 was released. COD UO (expansion pack for COD1) was made by Grey Matter which is now owned by Treyarch.

goldenblade995.png

COD1 was made by Infantry Ward. The deal that was made that IW would make even and Treyarch would make odd titles was made after COD1 was released. COD UO (expansion pack for COD1) was made by Grey Matter which is now owned by Treyarch.

Oh, my bad. I heard somewhere that trey made cod1, probably was reading about the expansion.

happiehour.jpeg

As others said, it's a great game, but it's way too short. At least the levels are fun enough to go back to though, unlike CoD:3 which I would most likely never pick up again. Getting to fire a FGM-148 Javelin is kick-[wagon] though.

The AC-130 level is the best...

"Good shot, I see a lot of little pieces down there." :lol:

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Hey guys, my computer is screwed again :?

Recently The game asked me to auto update to a 1.2 patch to fix some minor bugs. so I did that, and now I can't connect to multiplayer servers on my PC anymore :(

any help?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Hey guys, my computer is screwed again :?

Recently The game asked me to auto update to a 1.2 patch to fix some minor bugs. so I did that, and now I can't connect to multiplayer servers on my PC anymore :(

any help?

could be a fire wall issue, i had the same problems with BF1942. make sure you reset the firewall so it lets cod4 through

Got this today and am a little overwhelmed with the multiplayer. Anyone have suggestions for perks, guns, custom class etc. I'm only level 5, so my options are pretty limited. It's been fun playing so far, also the single player rocks. :thumbsup:

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

ive noticed that alot of people on other forums have had problems with multiplayer so posting this here too:

if you are having problems with getting onto multiplayer, you need:

1.4 patch

newest vesion of punkbuster

(that program will automatically get the newest version, its meant to auto-update but lots of firewalls block it (if you dont have the update you wont be able to play on PB-enabled servers)

Heh man, CoD 4 is pretty intense. I haven't played the single player yet but I did dab in some multi player.

I absolutely suck right now (haha) but I'm having fun. Was playing this small map with boxes (don't remember the name) on team deathmatch, really funny.

32 Player FFA on Vacant is so epic!

I was a Level 20-something before my game screwed up and deleted my profile, so now I'm a level something-teen.

I love the M4 and the RPD for FFA and Domination, with a Sniper being more my choice for HQ. They're basically the only three Modes I play. Name's Langzor, I'm not sure if CoD4 has a Friends Function, though... :-k

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I play COD4 on PS3 (best platform out) lol. And it owns.

Whats highest kills anyone got in here? In Shipment I went 132-23 on headquarters.

What is everyones kill-death ratio? mine is 2.03 atm.... :lol:

Its tough to get a good K : D ratio on PC when I'm playing in 50 player matches, lol. :lol:

Seriously you console kids don't know what you're missin'. :D

I play COD4 on PS3 (best platform out) lol. And it owns.

Whats highest kills anyone got in here? In Shipment I went 132-23 on headquarters.

What is everyones kill-death ratio? mine is 2.03 atm.... :lol:

Its tough to get a good K : D ratio on PC when I'm playing in 50 player matches, lol. :lol:

Seriously you console kids don't know what you're missin'. :D

I have played the old COD on PC and I know that the controls are much easier to use , thus making everyone good, and I believe it is harder. I will stick with my ps3 \:D/

Tyrael.jpg