F2P? P2P? P2C? [Acdcfantony breaks 1000+ Views]

Sinless_Hero

I use this term loosely, P2C, because it seems that with every monthÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s updates that all people do is complain. Makes sense, right? Free to play? Pay to play? Pay to complain?

At the beginning of every month we get a "behind the scenes" update. It gives us a small preview of whatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s to come from those monthsÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ updates, and gives us a little something to look forward too. Now what happens after this, EVERY MONTH, seems to amaze me. People become excited, either at the prospect of the expansion of the game, or the idea that their money isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t going to waste: Its funding the creation of something bigger. Then the update itself is released. That new item comes out, that new bug is fixed, or that new potion is released. This is about the time when all those eager people are now complaining endlessly about how Jagex ruined the game, and how they're going to quit playing/paying.

A month or two rolls by, and new updates have come out. People have forgotten what they hated about the past update, hate the new update, and are STILL paying/playing.

My question is simple: Is it really necessary to pay to complain?

Bluemoon Inn: For those who wish to buy and sell particular things. Join us, #bluemoon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, yet immature 10-year-olds do it anyways.

Not necessarily 10 year olds, just the ordinary people who always find some kind of detail or aspect of the update that doesn't suit them and just complain about them.

But yeah, if they're paying - why complain? Go to F2P, no updates there so I guess they'd have nothing to complain about, eh? :?

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

I don't Pay and I don't Complain.

It's hard for me to understand these people.

They play the game, they want more updates but still complain about

every single update and there are 1M+ Members and I don't think the

complainers are a majority, they just get alot of attention just like the

Autoers in F2p get alot of attention.

You won't have anything to complain about if you're F2P, other than the macroers or a small percentage of the population. :wink:
Bots are pretty terrible.

But yeah in terms of updates f2p'ers have nothing to complain about, I know I hold a lot of appreciation for every update I get no matter how small. I think some members take a lot of updates for granted. :-k

I don't Pay and I don't Complain.

It's hard for me to understand these people.

They play the game, they want more updates but still complain about

every single update and there are 1M+ Members and I don't think the

complainers are a majority, they just get alot of attention just like the

Autoers in F2p get alot of attention.

You may be right, perhaps they are the minority.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

perhaps the people who comlain are fine with the way things are now and don't want to have something that they use every day (cabbaged) up by jagex. like the shop update. many people who bought items from shops and sold them at a higher price just lost their job. i myself used rune shops as a way to get cheap runes even in small amounts, like cosmics, nats, and laws (even though i can make all them myself for free). the graphics update to the undead. they look cartoonish imo. and the children look like they have some sort of brain damage. people dont walk that way jagex :x . not all people wh complain are simply 10 year olds who died and want "phr33 st00f pl0x" or people who want all good items nerfed. ive been playing for about three years and things have really gone down hill in that time. so dont judge people because they complain. some of them may make u want to strangle something, but not everyone is compleatly immature about every update and see a rational reason to hate it.

The way I view people who complain:

Who built a multimillion dollar online game and has a staff dedicated to reasurching how new updates will effect it :-s

You feel they did something wrond and it effects YOU, so instead of offering constructive crit or a solution you get

I hate Jagex they ruin everything.

If you are like this ask yourself...

why you play in the first place. Lifes tough get use to it. :thumbsup:

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

The people who complain are the ones who's emotional maturity has not yet reached the level where they can see Jagex's existence as being anything other than for their sole benefit. They are the same players who treat other players in-game as simply another set of resources to be exploited. On a subconscious level, they cannot rationalise the little cartoon characters that they see on screen as having living, breathing, feeling humans sitting behind their controls. As such they treat the game as if they are the only ones playing it. So if Jagex does something that doesn't suit their immediate need - they complain.

Such people - in life and in computer games - are best ignored until they grow up.

siganizq4.gif

The people that complain are people that want the update to go their way perfectly. If that doesn't happen, they complain. They never see the bright side of the update. For example: The Assist System. Many people dislike it because they think that once someone wants assistance they "have" to help them.

j0xPu5R.png

perhaps the people who comlain are fine with the way things are now and don't want to have something that they use every day (cabbaged) up by jagex. like the shop update. many people who bought items from shops and sold them at a higher price just lost their job. i myself used rune shops as a way to get cheap runes even in small amounts, like cosmics, nats, and laws (even though i can make all them myself for free). the graphics update to the undead. they look cartoonish imo. and the children look like they have some sort of brain damage. people dont walk that way jagex :x . not all people wh complain are simply 10 year olds who died and want "phr33 st00f pl0x" or people who want all good items nerfed. ive been playing for about three years and things have really gone down hill in that time. so dont judge people because they complain. some of them may make u want to strangle something, but not everyone is compleatly immature about every update and see a rational reason to hate it.

Thats an extremely good point. Some people wish to have members benefits mixed with that of f2p. this would mean members items and areas, with no updates such as f2p has. The only solution I can see to this is another game - like classic - thats isnt updated but allows you to play an unupdated version of runescape with other people.

Since this isn't anywhere close to existance, I guess the simple idea that is left is either play f2p and dont complain as many have suggested, or learn to deal with it. Like or dislike, complaining every month isnt solving anything.

Bluemoon Inn: For those who wish to buy and sell particular things. Join us, #bluemoon

Complainants, like players, vary.

I myself complained about the latest update at first. Why? because there was something seriously wrong with it that needed fixing. But I didnt winge or whine, but posted on the rants forum explaining the situation of the problem. What happened? The problem got fixed.

Do I complain at every update? No. In fact I havent complained about anything before (not to say I like every update, but I accept them, appreciate that others do, and put up with it).

Others who complain are, like I did with the recent update, doing so to point out serious flaws that urgently need fixing.

The next stage down are those who complain just cos they don't like the update, or could think of a way in which it could be very slightly better FOR THEM. Such people are, imo, just being selfish.

The next stage down are those who complain for the sake of complaining. Such people should just be ignored.

The bottom stage are those who complain about things that are positive or essential parts of the update/game and try to get them removed. This happens an unbelievably large amount... especially for updates like the latest one. Such people are either overwhelmingly stupid or dont care about rs. The game would be better of without them... they probably own a couple of thousand bot accounts too...

I have many friends who feel as though they must no life skills, because they are so paranoid that Jagex will do something to try to fix what ain't broken and consequently end up ruining their current method of training. I, myself, don't skill much as I find most skills are a waste of time and money, but I can see where they are coming from.... Jagex nerfs stuff needlessly, without getting any imput from the players beforehand. They are sooooo out of touch with their players, and I think that's why most people complain. Jagex creates updates like the Assistance System and Pure Essence without even considering what reprecussions it will have on the community. If they actually played their own game, they would know that high levels are continually barraged by noobs, and the Assist System exacerbated the problem.... They would know how broken many of the skills like mining and smithing are.

td2sig.jpg

No, it isn't necessary. They just never understand how the update really is, and complain before even using the update. Typical behavior for little kids. I know.. I have a brother and sister (aged 10 and 8) and thats what they do for everything.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Guest Armagedon46disabled

i dont really care about updates if an update comes out that i dont like, i dont hassel with it, there for no reason to complain

Well I haven't used my 13k rs forum posts complaining about an update that I don't give a damn about the very day it comes out 52 weeks a year just because it has something I don't like :notalk:

MMORPG's are the most addictive substances on the planet next to Caffeine and Tabbacco(Well it seems like they are anyway) and Jagex knows the complainers will keep paying no matter how much they complain or hate a certain update since like you said they forget about 2 weeks later and go on with their lives...It's pretty much a cycle

simply put, yes. People are never satisfied, and they have gotten into the trend of updates every week. They've been spoiled by it, and thus when someone comes out that doesn't fit their every standard, it's unacceptable and jagex has comitted the ultimate sin: making an update i dislike some people dislike for a week and overreact about.

But these people play because they're hooked, and they like the game. They want change for the better, but anything that's not completely that way..well..yeah.

People who complain are more louder and have more to say. The people (like me) who are happy don't go making posts and stuff saying "Oh my gosh, this was so awesome!!!!" cuz then the louder people fill it up calling us imature or noobs or whatever.

Psycho1701-P1.gifPsycho1701-P2.gif