Does defence even matter anymore?? or am I dreaming??

ultimatballr

In no armor fights, defence does not make too much of a difference. I have beaten someone with 70 defence/70 range while i had 74 range and 40 defence (44 prayer.) So im not too sure if defence makes that much of a difference. (in no armor fights)

Of course it doesn't make much difference. It's so obvious it doesn't.

If you box someone, you'll find that def does work. When you box, you're at 0 stats in offense and defence - not +82 slash to 0 defence.

What both attack and defence do, in the end, is improve how well your armor or weapon works for you. Someone in a set of rune at 50 defence is easier to hit than someone with 99 defence wearing the same gear.

Now, let's say you have two people, one with 99 defence and 70 attack, wearing no armor, the other with 60 defence and 70 attack, wearing rune. Who's easier to hit?

Complaining that defence is close to worthless in a no-armor duel is like complaining that attack is useless when fighting someone in full armor without a weapon.

It's a pretty simple combat system, to be honest.

Complaining that defence is close to worthless in a no-armor duel is like complaining that attack is useless when fighting someone in full armor without a weapon.

It's a pretty simple combat system, to be honest.

I dunno if this guy is on my side, but I sure do agree with him :XD: =D> Very well said m8.

IMO defence should reduce the amount of damage you take, rather than just reducing your chances of being hit.

I just think it should reduce the amount of times being hit. (greatly) Like it does with NPC's. Not saying those with 99 defence should be "invincible" but I mean a little more love shown to people with 99 def would be nice. I don't mind being hit for a 35 when someone has a whip and 99 str, even if they have 70 attack. That doesn't bother me, but if I got hit for 3 or 4 30+'s at 99 defence in a duel with armor on or off even, thats quite upsetting. Especially when my 91 att and 80 str don't hit my max (23) on them while they have def in the 70's or even 80's.

Apparently, my signature was to big.