20 November 2007 - Duel Arena Tournaments and Changes

Aneron

I don't see why/how they can't/don't get the entire staff(or 200 staff/players) to try these new features for a day because that would show up most of these bugs early doors.

Because they can't.

I think Jagex should have postponed this update until next week, so QA could have removed the bugs.

---

The 3K limit is very unnessacary. As has been said before, a 100-500K limit would serve the same purpose.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I completely understand why Jagex performed this update and I'm in full support behind it. However, I'm not too fond on the limit, as many players aren't.

Many players seem to want the cap gone, or enlarged. Yet, this wouldn't solve the RWTing problem, especially now that Jagex has presented the ideas to players that may not have previously considered trading this way.

Instead, I feel that a system similiar to the Wilderness would be more suitable for the Duelling Arena.

The higher the level difference between two players, the less they can stake. The smaller the difference, the higher the difference. This might eliminate some of the RWTing problems *and* satisfy the staking cap.

The real problem lies in figuring out just how much is reasonable.

What do you all think about this?

Wow, Jagex staff are dumber than I thought.

But then again, I can't totally blame them if only one of them (eg, Andrew) makes such decisions.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Jagex just put the ulterior motives theory right back on the table.

From the sticky in Rants, page 3177:

Mod Dave

Jagex Mod

23-Nov-2007 09:51:57

Quote:Hammerhearth

Mod Dave, whats your opinion about update? :D

Good question, I am all for the update as staking was not intend to be a massive money earner. When you have a run away economy like in RuneScape, you need to cap activities that launder billions of GP.

Some honesty, pl0x? :roll:

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

GF bug abusers, real world traders, half-@$$ characters, and all manner of staking trash.

Now the true players of runescape can rise up. ::'

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

This was a great idea, I love the cap on dueling.

Recently I quit rs after playing for five and a half years. My max fortune was around 5.2bil acquired with my level 87 pure and maxed melee main.

I would literally sit there on gragnowrackl and stake for six hours for a week in the summer. Sure I made 200m a day or so, but it seriously screwed with my life.

Exposing kids to that kind of gambling is just not right, good call Jagex.

Oh and with a rising number of maxed mains, money was becoming the only true status symbol. Stakers could be fair superior to the best and most dedicated of rs. Hell, almost anyone in the top 20s of individual ranks will lick your boots for a handful of mills.