20 November 2007 - Duel Arena Tournaments and Changes

Aneron

They loop player value on items for the duel arena. That makes me wonder how long it will take for Jagex to implement the same in death piles (a.k.a. wilderness).

they surely wouldnt do that in wildy, else people would go pkign in p hats and prtect them over everyting else...

Whats wrong with that? Smite smite free 200m.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol every time we try and enter a tourney when time is up, it laggs everyone out lol. Jagex your good! Not...

Btw , gf stakers, if your truly good at staking just win some tourny's instead of relying on the luck.

tourneys you have to win 6 in a row, duels you have to win 1.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

I have never staked or dueled in my rs life ( well rl for that matter), but I think 3k is ridiculously low .... my son is a low level dueler and even he stakes more than that per duel ..sometimes nothing more than a rune scimitar or 5 or 10 k .....but under this new system even that is too much ...I don't even want to hear his reaction when he gets home from school today.

mak_1027.png

Everything about this update is excellent, except two things. I don't think it was necessary to dramatically lower the amount of gp players can stake in a 1 vs 1 match. Stakers who were winning blue partyhats are now down to 3k per 15 minutes, that's very dissapointing.

Yes- they can use the clan duel arena for higher stakes- but even then it takes several minutes to get into a match.

And another thing; the ranks are a good way to keep track of "who's the best dueler," but I don't think it was really necessary either. The duel arena is all about grabbing some armor and staking items out of your bank, finding a willing opponent in a few minutes, and winning/losing the stake. However, since there are now rank limits on the four clan arena matches, I don't think this will work very well.

Other than that, it was a creative, and good update. :)

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Jagex upset a LOT of people with this update, but I'll have to try it out to see before I judge it...If it really is a max stake of 3k, then that seems pretty stupid.

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

Lol, I've never staked over 100k, but seriously... what was Jagex thinking!!! -.-

I could just imagine... former high end stakers sitting in duel arena playing "chase me around the beds" while waiting for the damn 15 minutes to tick through, so they can go and kill each other for what.... 3K??? Thats, like, pocket change. It's even worse than pocket change, it's absolutely rubbish. <.<

World 22 will riot, if they havent already.

Even though I'm not a staker, I can say that on 20.11.2007, staking died. Killed by the same blokes who made it years ago.

About the purpose of this...

If they honestly put "stopping real world trading" as the main reason for this major nerf, then I can without doubt draw parallels to what they're doing, and what G.W. Bush has been doing for the past years. Same principles - eliminate potential evil, not caring about / sacrificing your own people (or players in Jagex's case). Update after update of constant blind fighting against the scum of runescape, leaving quest storylines to be undone, bugs unfixed, skills expanded.... everything which should have been done instead. :x

1vs1 duelling is dead. RIP. :boohoo:

dontfearthereaper2.png

I don't think that this was entirely about RL trading at all. They deliberately wanted to get rid of high-stakes gambling at the arena, but they don't want to admit it.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

This is very bad for all the people who trained up a character for staking. Now they have no reward (3k is a joke). Imagine spending months to get that perfect staker then Jagex just takes it away like that...ouch.

Agreed meili, i just got my perfect stats: 99 attack, 90 strength, 99 defense with 99 hitpoints, don't exactly easy stats to attain, and they leave me quite weak in pking, the only pvp my account is really good at was staking and they throw us this =D>

MSSW4Banner.gif

Everything about this update is excellent, except two things. I don't think it was necessary to dramatically lower the amount of gp players can stake in a 1 vs 1 match. Stakers who were winning blue partyhats are now down to 3k per 15 minutes, that's very dissapointing.

I agree, I like the new idea of the tournaments, but 3k is a little silly. If you were going to make the stakes 3k, might as well just get rid of 1v1 staking all together. 3k is kinda pointless, especially in a 15 min period.

I never staked, but I think its kinda silly Jagex did this. I think a better way to change it would have been to make it so the stakes on each side are only 3k difference. Example: If someone taked a dragon long, you would have to put up items within 3k of value to his/her item. To me THAT would make more sense, as a bot/trades might not have the equal amount to stake back.

I dont see this sticking around tho, to many people used staking as a daily activity.

dawnsigblue-3.png

I never staked, but I think its kinda silly Jagex did this. I think a better way to change it would have been to make it so the stakes on each side are only 3k difference. Example: If someone staked a dragon long, you would have to put up items within 3k of value to his/her item. To me THAT would make more sense, as a bot/trades might not have the equal amount to stake back.

I am also not a staker, but this to me seems like an excellent solution. I would imagine if rl traders are staking they would be either 1 sided stakes or extremely lopsided stakes, so a 3k difference seems reasonable

mak_1027.png

What a surprise, a world 28 riot in the duel arena! :P

EDIT: It's getting insanely huge; I think jagex has to step in soon before this gets out of control.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

okay i saw this on rsof and had to post, look at the red box...

jackassyv2.png

they really think they did a good job?

Well they certainly didnt test it very well thats a fact....

WOW...I'm honestly dissapointed in jagex and i dont even stake...

Ive always stuck up for they're updates but what were they thinking?

and how could that make a rants thread and call it brilliant?

and wheres are hints about next years update?

<.<

There are only two possibilities here.

1. Jagex has reached new heights of outoftouchedness by inadvertently destroying a part of the game people liked in their pursuit of RL trading.

2. Jagex deliberately wanted to stop high-stakes gambling but won't admit it.

So which is it, clueless or dishonest?

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

As an Ex-staker and a long term Runescape player I can say Jagex have outdone themselves this time.

I'm support pretty much every update Jagex has ever done (There's a few iffy ones here and there) but this is just stupid. 3,000 gold is nothing and has made staking 100% pointless. 3,000 gold is about 5 minutes worth of work at most and a complete and utter joke.

Fine, I can understand people using the duel arena to get around trade detection of real world item trading, but why not monitor staking? Jagex have just taken the lazy way out, they should have implemented a system similar to trading where they can see unfair trades.

The best way to reduce the amount of duel arena trading is to have both stakes within 10% of each other (10% of the highest offer, so if someone offers 1M, the other has to offer Atleast 900k, at most around ~1.1M (Tad more than that, because 10% of 1.1M is 110k). This means that dueling is fair for everyone and if they're trading huge amounts of money, then the other side will need a similar amount too.

Ow grow up you all !!

Whenever people asked for Mailing items for other players most argued that would only help drop traders and rl traders and blah blah...when jagex eliminates the very same problem but mess with the ohh so leet stackers turf we see riots and pages and pages of mindless rants.

Go PK or whatever...

sigqp2bw9.gifIceBlackIce.gif

*** [ END ]: You gained 1,671,000 thieving exp in 9mins 44secs. That's 10,300,684 exp/h.

Dragon Drops - 1 Skirt

This is getting bad, I'm currently following a huge riot that a 109(which you can see in front) started about 4 minutes ago.

riot1oj9.png

dangsig.png

Yes!

Finally i can't stake all my cash away, it's happened too many times :mrgreen:

I mean... " alright I'll go stake just 100k. DOH lost ok I'll take 500k from bank. DOH lost. OK 1m lose 2m lose 5m lose all in lose."

But now I can lose it in a tournament... 8-)

6221st to 85 Slayer. ( Yippee)

Ow grow up you all !!

Whenever people asked for Mailing items for other players most argued that would only help drop traders and rl traders and blah blah...when jagex eliminates the very same problem but mess with the ohh so leet stackers turf we see riots and pages and pages of mindless rants.

Go PK or whatever...

The thing is, they say this is to stop RL trades, yet rl traders can still trade between accounts via regular trading or by fighting in the wilderness. Does this mean that JaGeX will put a stop to these 2 activities too? Qeltar made a good post earlier.. either they're lying to us about the reason for the change, or they're showing how out of touch they are by destroying this great part of the game.

MSSW4Banner.gif

I understand that there is a type of player who uses the Duel Arena to stake large amounts of money. We've thought long and hard about the change to the maximum amount you can stake and this was the result of the discussions.

It was deliberate. They wanted high-level gambling removed, but they're afraid of being honest with their own customers.

signew2.png

Just spoken to Paul in game and he went over things briefly with me.

Obviously they've spent a long time debating this and found 3,000 to be the best number to set it at, quite how they came up this number I'm not sure but I respect the time they must have spent coming to that conclusion.

I'm still iffy on the situation, it just seems far to low for my liking, even something such as 50,000 would be good, but obviously Jagex feel that's far too much.

The 10% thing I suggested earlier wouldn't work, that'd end up getting up exponentially (doubling each time) until the required amount was "transferred". Same with the "Within 3,000" suggestion someone else made.

Paul also said the 3,000 limit most probably won't change and that even if I did persuade him it wouldn't do any good :lol:

I suggested he made a topic on the forums about it to stop (some) of the idiots protesting like morons.

At the end of the day, Jagex are doing this to try and benefit us by stopping the autoers/real world item sellers, sacrifices have to be made and unfortunately this was at the cost of 1 vs 1 staking.

Look on the bright side, now you have a chance to win 64x what you staked, more than worth the sacrifice imo!