20 November 2007 - Duel Arena Tournaments and Changes

Aneron

You really believe they didn't think of that middle ground option? I do not. So either you overestimate their honesty or I overestimate their awareness of how their game works. :)

Let's pray that you're right. I just don't see any point in them lying about their reasons for this. The reason you've postulated is far less controversial than the one they gave us, so it'd be a mighty silly lie!

They've done stupider things before.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I come home from school.

Look at the update.

I say "OMG! Finally the duel arena update!" *clicks on update with alot of exitement*

I open the duel arena guide on the kb.

Then i saw it, the horrible 3+k.

I have never staked an item against anyone in my whole rs career and i dont want to sound rude but this is a bunch of [cabbage].

3k for 15 mins is insane. Im usually for all updates but this takes the cake.

If paypal wasnt down id go to one of the riot worlds and alch while watching all the rants.

:evil:

World 22 will riot, if they havent already.

Even though I'm not a staker, I can say that on 20.11.2007, staking died. Killed by the same blokes who made it years ago.

Melodramatic much?

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

Even though I'm not a staker, I can say that on 20.11.2007, staking died. Killed by the same blokes who made it years ago.

Melodramatic much?

Not even close? Staking didn't die. It got slaughtered. First they killed an already established system, then attempted to compensate by giving people a tournament style way of staking, one that was flawed and lets higher levels dominate everybody else.

No witty signatures for me :(

With the staking cap for one on one matchs at 3k, i'm at a loss as to why they left staking matches in, afterall a match (only one every 15 minutes mind) with a 3k stake is a fun to all practical extents and purposes.

there are no stupid questions

just way too many inquisitive idiots

balance is scary to people who like things easy for them

Utopianflame.png

In other news...

Various trees on Farming patches had accidentally been enlarged. Also, the texturing on the diseased versions caused them to look quite odd. Both the texturing and size of the trees have now been fixed.

Teleport sounds have been changed so that they're only heard by the spell's caster. Previously these sounds caused some confusion as to what was going on in the player's surrounding area.

2 things that didn't really need changing...

I liked those the big trees and teleporting sounds, they made things a bit more realisitic. :(

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Melodramatic much?

Not even close? Staking didn't die. It got slaughtered. First they killed an already established system, then attempted to compensate by giving people a tournament style way of staking, one that was flawed and lets higher levels dominate everybody else.

because high lvls were meant to suffer?

Could this potentially lower the prices of rares? If you can no longer stake rares, what will all those people who have a ton of rares do with them? Sell them? I have very little experience in the tendencies of rares so this could be completely wrong, but what else would these people do with rares?

i was thinking that if these riots are proper stakers and such and not just people rioting for the sake of it then there maybe an exodus of stakers from the game and a large chunk of rares gone. I guess that depends on the player but if the duel arena is a big part of your runescape play then i guess its possible that you'd want to quit. I spose it could go the other way and stakers, find new things to do like skilling etc. and therefore sell off their rares but i guess its all speculation esp. with the GE coming out.

TBh i like the big man tornies although atm its difficult with the high lvls about but i guess it'll even out. Yeah but ppl who have worked on staking accounts must be pretty annoyed. So it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

It is funny how people are missing the reason behind the Duel Arena change. Real world traders are the ones to blame for this. They meet up with the person who bought their goods at the arena, duel them and lose. Voila', a violation of rule 12 has occurred without fear of either party involved being banned. If people did not abuse this loophole, the Duel Arena would never have been changed. Kudos to Jagex for plugging up another means of cheating in the game.

I'd be willing to "stake" my RS account against dueling being a major contributor to the rl trading problem. What about all those people who just sit there and advertise rl trading sites all day? Autotyping those kinds of sites has been around in RS for years, talking before RS2 came out and probably before I started playing. A few months ago Jagex asked its players to help fight against rl trading by cutting it off at the source - by not using those kinds of sites. So now instead of trying to seek legal action against those sites or at least find a way to efficiently ban those autotypers, they take the easy way out? Rest assured, people will just find another method to rl trade. This is just Jagex overreacting to a problem, and employing the easiest solution possible despite the fact it will not have that big of an impact.

Wow....just wow. I never stake at all as i dont enjoy pvp much aside form castle wars but oh my god... this has to be tone of their worst decisions ever... 12k an hour?? I was thinking about getting 99 def next then going to stake a bit but now that this happened.. think 99 attack is the better emote >.>

Oh and 1 more thing: In central america its not even 10:30 am yet.. most kids havnt come home. :ohnoes:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Goodbye staking?

*wait for rants*

3...2....1...rant forum is full

[hide=rants]

Arena Back or I Quit.

created by Dharoks O79 7 20-Nov-2007 12:52:24

by Sonny1991

Large Rant on Dueling Arena

created by How T0 Stake 12 20-Nov-2007 12:52:22

by How T0 Stake

gratz jagex you ruined staking

created by Icepur3 1 20-Nov-2007 12:52:11

by Icepur3

ruined staking.

created by Zedest 3 20-Nov-2007 12:52:10

by Karma B1ue

[/hide]

Colo

But they're right. JAGeX have really screwed up staking. 3k in 15 minutes? They shouldn't put a cap on how much a player can bet vs another player, that's ridiculous. They really have killed off staking. But I don't think they will get away with it, if they don't decide to change it back I can guarantee there will be mass quittings. I'm a Pure, I'm level 70, I have made over 800M at Duel Arena, I haven't sold anything for RL GP, but they have cut the income for a LOT of people and this is a terrible update.

There is now a cap to the amount a player can win in the space of 15 minutes in a staked duel, which is set to 3,000 coins. This limit will make it harder for real-world traders to unfairly use the Duel Arena as a covert way of transferring items. Of course, if you want to take part in some high-stakes duelling you now have the duel tournaments instead!

There you go, staking isn't "owned".

There is now a cap to the amount a player can win in the space of 15 minutes in a staked duel, which is set to 3,000 coins. This limit will make it harder for real-world traders to unfairly use the Duel Arena as a covert way of transferring items. Of course, if you want to take part in some high-stakes duelling you now have the duel tournaments instead!

Staking was one-hit.

I always supported updates jagex made, even if most people found recent updates rubbish

but this is... the worst thing jagex could do...

they said a great month the first of November, but this screwed it up for me...

and i bet the grand exchange isn't going to be good to, knowing jagex...

jagex this is the first day you failed, i hope you change it back to the old thing, and i hope this was the last time you failed...

99AgilitySignature-1.jpg

QP cape (20 october 2007)

Can you choose what to stake? No. Can you just easily stake 1 vs 1? No. Can you choose who to stake against? No. Don't tell me you don't know the difference between a tournament and a match.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I always supported updates jagex made, even if most people found recent updates rubbish

but this is... the worst thing jagex could do...

they said a great month the first of November, but this screwed it up for me...

and i bet the grand exchange isn't going to be good to, knowing jagex...

jagex this is the first day you failed, i hope you change it back to the old thing, and i hope this was the last time you failed...

Well right now we can stake items, but soon once the Grand Exchange comes out they are going to use the player-set prices from that and implement them into Duel Arena item stakes. Truly Jagex have [bleep]ed stakers.

Found this on another forum. Max stake of 3k ftl... and

http://stakers.justgotowned.com/

LMFAO ROFL!

OT: Can't they just make it so you can only stake the same as your opponent, then rwl wouldn't happen. <.<

PS: I cannot stress how hilarious that vid was.