Staking riot

subz

That is a bummer... Though as I understood it, considering tourneys have the 2 player minimum can't stakers use it instead? :-k

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is this jagexs way of saying get back to skilling?

Looks like it.

I don't think they were happy with people making so much money from a single aspect of their game, especially so quickly (some people). And the fact that 80% of stakers probably transfer stuff as well. :roll:

80% of good stakers, who posses over 100m probably do, but not to a pure or main, to a Muel account. A muel is a low level account, not for training or skilling, but for holding valuable items that you feel more secure with on a different account. I see nothing wrong with that.

MOST STAKERS DO NOT SELL FOR RL GP

Well, change is an unavoidable thing in life. All you can do is attempt to change ti back, or change your views on the alteration. I respect that duelers want their old ways back, but not the way that they are trying to get them back. :?

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

is this jagexs way of saying get back to skilling?

Looks like it.

I don't think they were happy with people making so much money from a single aspect of their game, especially so quickly (some people). And the fact that 80% of stakers probably transfer stuff as well. :roll:

80% of good stakers, who posses over 100m probably do, but not to a pure or main, to a Muel account. A muel is a low level account, not for training or skilling, but for holding valuable items that you feel more secure with on a different account. I see nothing wrong with that.

MOST STAKERS DO NOT SELL FOR RL GP

Mules are illegal. Very illegal, because it's still transfering items between accounts.

The riot itself is a joke. There's no discussion of the update. It's just hordes of people going:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Granted stakers would at times win unreal amount of $ very fast, ultimately most stakers end up getting cleaned out. Someone better and better always comes around.

Who cares what they do? Staking is like gambling and their fun was brutaly taken away. All I can say is I hope GE doesnt do the same with merchanting, you cant force people to play certain way youll just end up losing your community and player base.

Game Name: Ego Scorpion

Party Hat Sets: 4

Bank Pictures: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=712645&start=0

ego_scorpion.png

Granted stakers would at times win unreal amount of $ very fast, ultimately most stakers end up getting cleaned out. Someone better and better always comes around.

Who cares what they do? Staking is like gambling and their fun was brutaly taken away. All I can say is I hope GE doesnt do the same with merchanting, you cant force people to play certain way youll just end up losing your community and player base.

Merchanting takes no ingame skill while staking requires training certain combat skills. I'd be really surprised if jagex DIDN'T destroy merchanting even more than they destroyed staking.

I think the cap should be raised to around 1m/h to be fair with the stakers, although I'm not affected by it in any means and neither will I be affected by the merchanting update.

Merchanting takes no ingame skill while staking requires training certain combat skills. I'd be really surprised if jagex DIDN'T destroy merchanting even more than they destroyed staking.

I think the cap should be raised to around 1m/h to be fair with the stakers, although I'm not affected by it in any means and neither will I be affected by the merchanting update.

merchanting takes more mental skill than combat does

this tops the split pc update as worst ever

What?

m_theory11.png

The Duel Arena was designed to be a fun side-part of the game. Unfortunately this has been 'corrupted' by those using it to transfer items between accounts and gold sellers.

Therefore all those who legitimately duel lose out on a fun part of the game to them.

Rioters should be blaming gold sellers for this ... there was probably no other way, although I think 3K/15min is a bit low. Good on Jagex for making changes to try and stamp out rule breakers. With any change focused at this, legitimate players will almost always get hurt to an extent as well.

I'd bet that they would listen to well formed opinion/comments about improving the arena update.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

Trust me, I definately agree. Just because I dont stake im not going to show blind ignorance by saying yay or good riddance, like those ignorant people merchant-hating.

People need to realise that this game doesnt revolve around them and they have no right to judge or seek joy in misfortunte of others.

ego_scorpion.png

I can only assume that Jagex never intended for the duel arena to be any more than a way for players to test their skills against each other, with the stake just being a little bonus for the winner, not a way for people to get rich. Why they would wait so long to fix it to their liking, I have no idea, but nothing about the change to staking seems to make much sense.

I can only assume that Jagex never intended for the duel arena to be any more than a way for players to test their skills against each other, with the stake just being a little bonus for the winner, not a way for people to get rich. Why they would wait so long to fix it to their liking, I have no idea, but nothing about the change to staking seems to make much sense.

Staking for $ has been around from the start for about 3-4 years

ego_scorpion.png

I feel really sorry for the stakers :( And one of my best friends in real life is a really dedicated staker, I hope he doesn't quit :(

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I don't see why it's only 3k per 15 mins. Why not max 3k per stake? Or 1 stake every 10/15 mins for any amount?

I don't stake but it's the way they make money and have they've developed their characters.

Although I can definately see a 'tournament stakers' player type emerging.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

I can only assume that Jagex never intended for the duel arena to be any more than a way for players to test their skills against each other, with the stake just being a little bonus for the winner, not a way for people to get rich.

Then why don't they BE HONEST and say that?

Are they that afraid of their own players?

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

You can merchant and manipulate the market on a level 3 without any ingame skills, nor having to do any of the tasks this game originally was meant to offer. However you cant successfully stake on a level 3 and manipulate the whole market on the same basis as merchanters if you're not a high level. Both merchanting and staking requires mental skill to be successfull in so I don't think there's a possibility the new market update won't ruin merchanting in some way.

On a side note, pc split update was the best update thus far, not the worst.

The current update ruins staking. Staking is a very big part of the game, whether you stake or not. People spend thousands of hours creating characters that are specifically designed to be good at staking. This update takes those hours and flushes them down the drain.

I do not stake, however, I believe this update is greatly in the wrong. I don't understand why they can't implement the new arena as that. A new arena, not a remake of the old arena.

I believe this update may be fixed, as their seems to be no bearing as to why you would limit the amount you can earn an hour staking to 12k.

w4M8t.png

Im am with stakers all the way on this one

Terrible update

Think though, it's not just stakers that are being affected. The duel arena is a nice way to burn time when you're bored, and staking does add excitement.

I won my first dds in a stake lol, against a player that was quite a bit higher than me. I was so chuffed lol. Sure its a nice feeling to beat someone higher than you, but its even sweeter to get a nice reward.

They (the stakers) have worked VERY hard to create specific charectors (sic) for staking and now they see their value deminished.

And this is what they should not have done. The strategy of optimizing characters for a specific feature of the game may be highly successful for a while, but once JaGeX sees that this feature is heavily overused for purposes it was not meant for (e.g. tradeable rares, pest control, certain weapons/armour usable by people without the needed attack/strength/defense levels ...), they may change and/or disable the feature, rendering these characters worthless.

Did the stakers really think the duel area was intended as an effective way of money-making, rather than as a way to have some fun fights?

My advice? Make a well-rounded character. Enjoy the whole game, not just a specific aspect of it.

P.S. I do not wish to get caught in a flame war, so I will not post anything more on the subject. And yes, I know about "emergent gameplay".

P.P.S. In RSC, people could duel everywhere. The loser was teleported to Lumbridge, like with a normal death, but without losing non-staked items. This was "abused" (well, not used as intended) to provide free lumbridge teleports, by simply duelling without staking anything. The duel area prevented this, but a while later, the free "lumbridge home port" spell was introduced. Times change. Get used to it.

"Noob" is an insult. "Noob" is overused. Be polite. Try to say "noob" less than once a day.

Thank you.

Did the stakers really think the duel area was intended as an effective way of money-making, rather than as a way to have some fun fights?

Once again..

If that's how Jagex felt, why didn't they have the decency and honesty to say so instead of cowering behind a lie?

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Lol, stupid stakers. Who cares bout them, there idiots.

I'm beginning to see how you've become a mod, kissing Jagex feet.

Don't you see this kills all staking? I'll tell you something, stakers are also players. Even worse, they're also human. For them it's like killing pking, it's their way of playing the game. They weren't harming anyone with it, they were just minding their own business and suddenly Jagex comes and kills their whole game. I'm very disappointed about the attitude of several TIFers: "I don't stake, not my problem". They've just killed the whole point of the game for some people. No, it's not my way of playing either, but I'm still quite upset by this update.

This is the first riot I support. They've gone too far.

Wow, alright interesting. Supporting riots dont do anything it wont change. So lets see...i became a mod by kissing...a companys...foot? or maybe...it was because...i help people? maybe not sure... if you knew me you would know i'm probaly the best mod out there...But! think you might be too nerdy and serious. blah b00m whaaa.

Epee-Signature-2.png

You can merchant and manipulate the market on a level 3 without any ingame skills, nor having to do any of the tasks this game originally was meant to offer. However you cant successfully stake on a level 3 and manipulate the whole market on the same basis as merchanters if you're not a high level. Both merchanting and staking requires mental skill to be successfull in so I don't think there's a possibility the new market update won't ruin merchanting in some way.

On a side note, pc split update was the best update thus far, not the worst.

oh ya alot of skill clicking on monsters, or clicking on trees or fishing spots. real ingame skill there kiddo.

and what is the game meant to offer? is this a dictacted game where you are told what to do and when?

there is a reason people riot, it's not just to pass time

My advice? Make a well-rounded character. Enjoy the whole game, not just a specific aspect of it.

obviously gambling was the main idea otherwise they wouldn't have allowed people to stake in the first place

and well rounded character? why not force lvl 3 skillers to fight monsters then?

What?

m_theory11.png