Staking riot

subz

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MOST STAKERS DO NOT SELL FOR RL GP

How would you know? Have you conducted a survey of at least 1000 stakers? And how many of those 1000 you supposedly asked do you think would actually tell you, "Yes! I sell my gp for money irl!"?

You are a fool.

MOST STAKERS DO NOT SELL FOR RL GP

How would you know? Have you conducted a survey of at least 1000 stakers? And how many of those 1000 you supposedly asked do you think would actually tell you, "Yes! I sell my gp for money irl!"?

You are a fool.

You could ask the same question of people saying all stakers are rwt's, which seems to heavily out weigh those who are saying they aren't.

All of these people are saying that stakers rwt's, when they just admited they rarely go to the duel arena. I have been around dueling since rsc and I can tell you there is real world trading going on, but unless you have well over 500m or so, people aren't going to sell it, it's just not logical at the transfer rate of gp to real world money. Also if I had to guess people who have that much money would be less than 2% or so of stakers (just from what i've observed).

Seems to me like people stereotype stakers as rl traders, because a few do. They have a bad encounter with a staker, as I will admit the average pure/staker/pker attitude is very arrogant, and then they want to hurt them back in a way, and calling the community of stakers rwt's is the way to do it.

scubanz3.jpg

4972745284559197a18112.gifRsn: Scuba10

I hope this isn't an omen as to what the Great Exchange will be like....

I hope they don't nix 1v1 trading and put a cap on how much you can sell items for.

That is my greatest fear now. I don't merchant (in the sense of buying and selling just for profit) but I buy raws materials and sell finished materials, or sometimes vice versa. Price caps on trade would destroy my high level playing style.

I really feel sorry for the stakers who spent months making their chars for staking then Jagex pulls the rug out from under them after they already paid members for so long.

Nice. Never liked staking, so this is fun. And if i ever staked it was low, it this wont effect me in any way.

It will, prices are changing drastically, more expensive runes; more expensive santas.

Godsword, phat and other rare prices are dropping losing ppl alot of money, maybe you.

dharoks, just dropped alot, as did guthans- if you own these, you've lost money.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Wow this alone update has ruined the market for alot of people, why didn't jagex warn us about the 3k gp max? why I ask... what was the purpose of angriering sooo many stakers/merchants/ and just anyone else that has high enough stats for a rare/godsword/barrows

This update wasn't smart, nor was it dumb.. It's just pointless spam to the market and pockets of the rs chars.

Danm. I mean this is bad, really bad since THIS happened befor grand exchange... unless jagex did the 3k max so that the grand exchange could make up their own prices since they knew the angry people would sell their stuff?

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Wow. This is one of the most idiotic things Jagex could do, they'll lose so many P2P players because of one stupid decision. [bleep] you Jagex, I officially HATE you.

EDIT: WAIIIIT! Can you still stake rares and other good items?

=D>

These are the type of responses to the vast majority of Jagex's updates that always amuse me....."ZOMG I don't like the update, you better change it or we are ALL gonna quit!".......right.....allow me to show you the door, there you go M8, carry your lil behind right on over to another game, one less over-dramatic whiner clogging up the game....heres a tip, a lot of players love the game, enjoy dedicating years to developing their character, and I would dare say, it would take a lot, to make us quit.

Now for the garden variety nub who has a "main" (lev 58) and a "staker" (lev 34)....who whine and flop about every little thing, threaten to quit when the latest update wasn't catered to their lev 65 pker, staker slacker...etc, we are better off without you. Go ahead and quit, people are signing up everyday, it is a constant turn over...no worries m8, I have a sinking suspicion Jagex will be just fine. They have the top 200,000 players who are dedicated, to keep them going. I could care less if they doubled, tripled or quadrupled the monthly fee, it's just pocket change afterall. Maybe they should, that will keep the riffraff out of the game...go play F2P. you can join the "why can't we get MORE for free?" protests in Lumbry.

meh

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

They can still stake valuble items right?

The way I see it this just adds chalenge to the whole thing because you have to get rich before you can stake now (to buy valuble items). Think of it as a really annoying challenge, or better yet, just a challenge.

Why, oh why, do people riot? It accomplishes nothing, wastes everyone's time, and spams chatboxes.

Because it either pisses off or exasperates other people and thats the life goal of 1/4 of the rants population sometimes.

A bettr answer would be the far more accurate "because there literealy morons (IQ bellow 70 or 90; I forget), DUH!"

I respect the tipit rants (most of the time) far more the RSOF rants which seems to populated by people so narrow minded they probably can only see a letter at a time (which might explain poor comrehension).

They can still stake valuble items right?

The way I see it this just adds chalenge to the whole thing because you have to get rich before you can stake now (to buy valuble items). Think of it as a really annoying challenge, or better yet, just a challenge.

They can't.

Palas1.png

Why, oh why, do people riot? It accomplishes nothing, wastes everyone's time, and spams chatboxes.

Riots, marches; whatever you want to call them, they DO accomplish something. You ever hear of Ghandi, Mother Teresa or anyone like that? Yes, I am comparing real life to Runescape, sue me. People like that changed something, just like the 'riots' before this one helped other elements of the game; most recently would have been swiftswitch or pest control. This is similar, the people who play this game have a right to complain about the things they dislike, and their showing that now (in massive numbers).

I don't know about you, but having something that was part of the game since classic; basically wrecked, boy that pisses me off.

Had to get that off my chest; taking a stand a waste of time? Bah.

JAGeX ftl. Honestly, this is, imho, the worst update by far. I just got 94 Magic for staking yesterday. I also spend a [cabbage]-load of money on runes, them *WABAAM!*.

Also, the tournaments are absolute crap, pardon my French. I entered a Mages-only one, only Magic, potions, and special attacks. I am 94 Magic, 84 Hitpoints, and 81 Defence, and had no armor. I fought 99-99-99 characters with full infinity with all the trimmings. I got to the last round. Just goes to show that it's almost 100% luck.

asigthegodofsoupzz0.gif

The spelling and grammar of that email was that of an 11 year old palestinian goatboy who is speaking english for the first time
Quite simply, Facebook craps on Myspace. Then makes it eat the crap.

Tbh, this update makes me want to quit rs. And I'm not lying.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Riots, marches; whatever you want to call them, they DO accomplish something. You ever hear of Ghandi, Mother Teresa or anyone like that? Yes, I am comparing real life to Runescape, sue me. People like that changed something, just like the 'riots' before this one helped other elements of the game; most recently would have been swiftswitch or pest control. This is similar, the people who play this game have a right to complain about the things they dislike, and their showing that now (in massive numbers).

I don't know about you, but having something that was part of the game since classic; basically wrecked, boy that pisses me off.

Except they had millions of supporters, a decent cause, and they weren't on an online game with 1m total members.

It is a waste of time when you're whining over not being able to stake pixels or farm exp at Pest Control. Jagex won't listen to them.

Oddment1.png

Except they had millions of supporters, a decent cause, and they weren't on an online game with 1m total members.

It is a waste of time when you're whining over not being able to stake pixels or farm exp at Pest Control. Jagex won't listen to them.

Jagex can, has, and will listen to the people. I already said they have done in the past, and what's stopping them from doing it again? You know why; without us, there is no Jagex. We're giving them feedback; albeit negative feedback, the people will force them to listen.

This may be an online game, and they may not have millions of supporters; like real life would, but this is a decent cause.

This isn't a waste of time.

I can not believe how stupid this update is, and the fact that i know JaGex sat for hours contemplating the update, creatign the code and thinking about what the Gp and time limits would be angers me. I don't have a solid argument, but i have to say that since starting in late 2001, this is the ONLY time ever, that i have actually considered quittign runescape, i had been leveling my character for final golas of 99 ranged and defence for Staking, but now i see no poinbt in continuing with the hard work and dedication it will inevitably tak to accomplish my goals.

JaGex have officially Ruined a game that i have loved and played for over six years now, i can't believe i am actually going to stop playign runescape.

Good Fight JaGex and RS, you finally won, my love for the game seems lost.

ArchSupport.png

Soulthresher: dont think outside of the box, stay inside. the box is your freind

Clicky for the Blog 'o Range

Race to 100 ranged with BBQ_muffin

DarkDude98: Pfft, Real men use Bow and Arrows to get 99 range

Jagex can, has, and will listen to the people. I already said they have done in the past, and what's stopping them from doing it again? You know why; without us, there is no Jagex. We're giving them feedback; albeit negative feedback, the people will force them to listen.

This may be an online game, and they may not have millions of supporters; like real life would, but this is a decent cause.

This isn't a waste of time.

Oh, it's a waste of time. Jagex won't listen. People said "Jagex, you give in too easy" after that whole Barrelchest Anchor deal, and now they don't give an inch. It's their game too, even if Jagex loses all its members, I bet a few of the mods would program the game in their free time and play it with the other mods. A mod once said they make the game to how they would enjoy it.

Oddment1.png

Mod Mark H here.

I should point out that we won't be responding to people breaking the rules, flaming Jagex or similar.

We are willing to listen to constructive, polite posts discussing how you don't like the update. However Jagex bashing or "OMG LEIK REMOVE IT NOW!111!!one!" won't be responded to, I simply don't have the time.

Quick find code: 27-28-630-54011496

No. This isn't a waste of time.

Your forgetting Jagex is a business; sure its 'their game', but without paying customers there wouldn't be a Runescape. I like to think of it as a double edged sword, one goes down; the other follows

Simply yes, I know they will listen to us, as for what kind of change they make, only time will tell.

just re-looked at the pic, and almost no oine is really rioting as i can see, but i see alot of people saying "teli me ice plz03xr3s" lol

But i just went and checked it out, and yes, there are quite a few players there, rioting away, and a few mods i saw trying to calm them.

Just goes to show how many people can never be pleased with an update

"ther shud b an update where jagex should giv every1 free 10m bcuz i really want a d chain. Plz do thins Jagex!"

they will be happy when the above happens. ::'

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Wow. This is one of the most idiotic things Jagex could do, they'll lose so many P2P players because of one stupid decision. [bleep] you Jagex, I officially HATE you.

EDIT: WAIIIIT! Can you still stake rares and other good items?

=D>

These are the type of responses to the vast majority of Jagex's updates that always amuse me....."ZOMG I don't like the update, you better change it or we are ALL gonna quit!".......right.....allow me to show you the door, there you go M8, carry your lil behind right on over to another game, one less over-dramatic whiner clogging up the game....heres a tip, a lot of players love the game, enjoy dedicating years to developing their character, and I would dare say, it would take a lot, to make us quit.

Now for the garden variety nub who has a "main" (lev 58) and a "staker" (lev 34)....who whine and flop about every little thing, threaten to quit when the latest update wasn't catered to their lev 65 pker, staker slacker...etc, we are better off without you. Go ahead and quit, people are signing up everyday, it is a constant turn over...no worries m8, I have a sinking suspicion Jagex will be just fine. They have the top 200,000 players who are dedicated, to keep them going. I could care less if they doubled, tripled or quadrupled the monthly fee, it's just pocket change afterall. Maybe they should, that will keep the riffraff out of the game...go play F2P. you can join the "why can't we get MORE for free?" protests in Lumbry.

meh

What the hell are you talking about... stakeing characters are not level 34 (though there are some pures who do really well at level 30-50) Most of them take weeks and months to train and level up.. I have a level 70 somthing 88 range staker who i trained for 6 months only to have jagex pull the plug on me... WHO ARE YOU to tell my that I shouldn't whine.. when i WAS GIVEN NO WARNING that all my hard work would be wasted...

Thats right wasted... cause if you think you can make profit pking in the day and age of when to get a kill you have to bend over backwards and then only get half the items since the others protect your a delusional idiot..

This part of the game wasn't harming anyone because honestly jagex pulled that real world trading bs right from where the sun don't shine... Like real world traders are going to create a level 3 throw away account GET HIM MEMBERS and then trade in the duel arena? umm yeah why not just create a throw away account and go trade in varrock... HELLO JAGEX what the [bleep]? or walk into wildy and die vs a monster or something... that would be really undectible since jagex doesn't know who picks something up... whats next a limit on the amount of gold you can carry?

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^