Stop rioting they fixed it!!!

Nazgul740

The picture is fake. :P

Thanks for the great laugh though, it made my day! :)

If you go to page 424 of the Duel Arena sticky in the RSOF you'll find in between the 7th and 8th post(which are 20:19:42 and 20:20:14). In the picture, Paul's post was at 20:20:03, which would place it inbetween those two posts. There is no Jmod postsbetween them, additionally there is no 'Dan0952'(the fellow who posted above Paul in the picture) on the real page. :P

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The picture is fake. :P

Thanks for the great laugh though, it made my day! :)

If you go to page 424 of the Duel Arena sticky in the RSOF you'll find in between the 7th and 8th post(which are 20:19:42 and 20:20:14). In the picture, Paul's post was at 20:20:03, which would place it inbetween those two posts. There is no Jmod postsbetween them, additionally there is no 'Dan0952'(the fellow who posted above Paul in the picture) on the real page. :P

aww my temporary ultimate respect for paul just went down the tubes :(

clansig7.gif

Considering it is 4 am in the UK, and the sarcastic nature of the "update", I bet that is fake. :P

Besides, they don't announce changes before doing them.

they do sometimes, when they released the infinite stock in stores, people complained about the battle staffs and paul posted how he was going to change the stocks for these to supply a certain amount per day, he also talked about how some shops would sell seaweed once a day.

You're right, sorry.

Still think this is bogus though.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

that's a fake someone made from rsc..

Fake or not, the idea is the same: no matter was the 3k risen to 5k or even 15k, this update was a total failure. Most people don't stake because it's fun, most people stake because it gives them a chance to win a lot of money in no time.

I personally assume the 3k gab will either be removed or yesterday was the first day of falling for RS2. This update affects to so many people either directly bylosing their way to make money and reason to play or indirectly but affecting to the markets. This update was just something that in my eyes fails in its main purpose as we still got trading, dropping and wildy left, but same time it hurts many people. After every update that has caused any kind of rioting, for example the change of PC, I've said that there's always winners and losers in updates. However after this update I only can find losers and not a single type of a character that would actually benefit from this:

* Stakers = What can you say? They got given a long waited group dueling but same time the reason for them to train and play was just destroyed.

* Skillers = Temporary more people might invest in raw materials due they don't have a need to have hundreds of millions of gp for staking anymore. Anyways less and less people got the gp and actual will now to train up their stats for staking and the demand for certain training goods, for example red chinchompas, might crash.

* Merchants = The price floadings yesterday and today might be a good thing for some long time investers, but in general the unpredictable future (too many changing variables) and the removed ability to get dirty rich in a legit way are both affecting the supply and demand a lot. Also the sign this gave for us wasn't a good from a merchant's view.

* Pker = With this update I personally predict that the number of NH pkers rises same time the number of proper lower lvl pkers decrease. This is a negative thing for pkin as everyone who has seen NH pkin knows.

I'm curious to see what will grand exchange give to us. I personally waited it and this duel arena update like a kid waits christmas, but after this update I'm getting rather worried. Seems to me Jagex have gone too lunatic on certain things (RWIT) and forgetting the stuff that keeps people playing: skills, playerkilling (wildy+staking), fun minigames and quests.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

5K!!!??? That is way TOO HIGH a reward for killing another player. They should reduce it further, do away with death piles, and find a way to ensure that no player ever benefits from another players misfortune. ;)

Seriously, however, I really couldn't care any less about any part of the game that involves PvP. I wish no ill will against those who actually believe this kind of activity to be fun.

What should have been done was simply to require balanced stakes from each side. Avoid the loophole for the worst activity in the game (drop trading!!!!!!!) by requiring balanced trades, and the new limits are completely useless.

Again, it doesn't affect me, so I reallly don't care, but requiring balanced stakes should have been enough, without artificial limits.

bop_dravian.png

Haha good laugh, yeah it's fale but it shows the idiocy of the current situation. Wish Paul would do something like that.

But on a serious note it should be unlimited. There are so many ways to transfer items to other accounts/RWT like trading itself. :?

Costantino.png

I'm curious to see what will grand exchange give to us. I personally waited it and this duel arena update like a kid waits christmas, but after this update I'm getting rather worried. Seems to me Jagex have gone too lunatic on certain things (RWIT) and forgetting the stuff that keeps people playing: skills, playerkilling (wildy+staking), fun minigames and quests.

Same. I wanted this and exchange so bad, now I am so worried I am thinking of panic selling my rares and panic buying raw materials before exchange update.

I wish Paul would post something reassuring about how exchange will be.

Likewise, this gave me flashbacks to the really bad updates like sleeping bags...they never reversed that and it hurt all players just so they could "stop autoers." Sleeping bags never stopped autoers and price caps on stake duels won't stop RWT.

That is a very funny post... :XD:

I really feel bad for players who built their characters to be efficient stakers. It is like if Jagex took Yews away from me. :|

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Wow...Jagex should really ask players before they do something as stupid as this. Make thousands of people angry and tickle the RWT problem :x :shame: :shame: :shame:

They can do what they like, and I think this was a great update. The fact is despite the fact that many people may not like the update, around 90% of them will probably keep on playing.

A loss of 10% of the players is devastating, though to be fair it's probably more like 1%

I meant that only 10% of the the players rioting will maybe stop playing as much.

*Loosing my trust for jagex by the minute*

What's next? Are they going to delete Woodcutting since so many bots use it to make money?

Seriously, this update didn't really affect real world item traders at all, now they could just drop trade in some remote area if they want -.-

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Someone explain the Grand Exchange to me?

My understanding from what we were told so far is that the Grand Exchange will be sort of like a store where you can take an item you want to sell, leave it there or post it there (not sure how that will work) with your asking price, and then you can go on about your merry rs life ....if someone buys the item you will be notified and can go pick up your money at the nearest bank,I don't know if the teller will give you gp or if it will be direct deposited into your account. I would guess the former, since the transaction of the teller giving you gp would serve as a cyber-receipt that the transaction occurred and people can't say it wasn't put in their bank.

mak_1027.png

Someone explain the Grand Exchange to me?

My understanding from what we were told so far is that the Grand Exchange will be sort of like a store where you can take an item you want to sell, leave it there or post it there (not sure how that will work) with your asking price, and then you can go on about your merry rs life ....if someone buys the item you will be notified and can go pick up your money at the nearest bank,I don't know if the teller will give you gp or if it will be direct deposited into your account. I would guess the former, since the transaction of the teller giving you gp would serve as a cyber-receipt that the transaction occurred and people can't say it wasn't put in their bank.

oh my

Im off to sell everything in my bank now. Thas going to kill merchinting.

Now what am I going to do for money in f2p....

OG f2p'er for life. 11th Person to Rune Mining.

fusion7.png

Always accepting burnt Lobs!

I am all for a mass exodus of Pures from RuneScape.
It doesn't stop pures...
There were FAR more pures in RSC than there are staking accounts now (percentage-wise) and RS2 made them all obsolete. Did Jagex revert magic and ranged as secondary combat skills because of this? No.
"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

I am all for a mass exodus of Pures from RuneScape.
It doesn't stop pures...
There were FAR more pures in RSC than there are staking accounts now (percentage-wise) and RS2 made them all obsolete. Did Jagex revert magic and ranged as secondary combat skills because of this? No.
You don't get it. There were only pures at the duel arena around the 50 levels. Everywhere past you got people with insane attack and defense levels fighting it out. Then you get the higher hundreds and most people had quite balanced skills. I don't know why you bring up RSC magic and ranging, but it is quite irrelevant because we are talking about RS2 and STAKING in RS2 at this CURRENT DATE.

The fact is, this update doesn't ruin pures, they still got the wilderness. The fact is, this update ruined the people in the middle, the people that made new accounts to get the edge in winning money. The fact is, EVERYONE who staked before got hit, they lost a source of fun, a source of income. And now we got some horrible tournament crap-ola that looks like a grade four designed it.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

You don't get it. There were only pures at the duel arena around the 50 levels. Everywhere past you got people with insane attack and defense levels fighting it out. Then you get the higher hundreds and most people had quite balanced skills. I don't know why you bring up RSC magic and ranging, but it is quite irrelevant because we are talking about RS2 and STAKING in RS2 at this CURRENT DATE.

The fact is, this update doesn't ruin pures, they still got the wilderness. The fact is, this update ruined the people in the middle, the people that made new accounts to get the edge in winning money. The fact is, EVERYONE who staked before got hit, they lost a source of fun, a source of income. And now we got some horrible tournament crap-ola that looks like a grade four designed it.

It's funny how you say Sharane doesn't get it, while you are the one who is totally missing the point. It isn't about the pures, it's just a comparison. If say (totally made up numbers) 5% of all accounts became obsolete thanks to the release of rs2 (pures that became obsolete thanks to the change to range and magic) and jagex didn't change it back, why do you think they would change the duel arena update if it made 2% of all accounts obsolete.

Note. I am not saying I agree with it, I don't really have an opinion on it, I'm just trying to clarify what I believe Sharane was trying to say...

best-guide-ever.jpg

why do people moan? there greedy.

THIS IS THE GREATEST UPDATE I HAVE SEEN IN 5 YEARS OF RS.

o mean it. tournaments are the ebst way to lvl up + hgave some fun and get some money!!!!! its like super-staking. Personally i'd be so updet if they changed arena back i'd almost quit rs. Wait a go jagex!!!!!

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

It's funny how you say Sharane doesn't get it, while you are the one who is totally missing the point. It isn't about the pures, it's just a comparison. If say (totally made up numbers) 5% of all accounts became obsolete thanks to the release of rs2 (pures that became obsolete thanks to the change to range and magic) and jagex didn't change it back, why do you think they would change the duel arena update if it made 2% of all accounts obsolete.

Note. I am not saying I agree with it, I don't really have an opinion on it, I'm just trying to clarify what I believe Sharane was trying to say...

That's exactly what I meant ray. :P
"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Same. I wanted this and exchange so bad, now I am so worried I am thinking of panic selling my rares and panic buying raw materials before exchange update.

I'm personally keeping all my rares at the moment and would actually buy more if I had loose cash. Atm people are panicing and the increased supply (too many people afraid to lose even more money) and decreased demand (not many want to invest on falling things) so much that my advice would be NOT to sell rares.

We don't know yet how the grand exchange will be, many rich stakers might quit due this update (=less rares for supply) and by the time, rares become even rares. Even if they become useless after grand exchange, I'd at least have

Likewise, this gave me flashbacks to the really bad updates like sleeping bags...they never reversed that and it hurt all players just so they could "stop autoers." Sleeping bags never stopped autoers and price caps on stake duels won't stop RWT.

As a theory sleeping bags were good and for example still similar ideas are posted on different rs related forums. It actually worked for a while, but was too basic to work against autoers. Also unlike this dueling update, it didn't kill anything, it just changed training a bit. This update pretty much killed dueling and affected to markets a lot.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm