Good and the worst updates from 2007?

bobbas7

I thought the pest control update was one of the best. A mini game should never replace actual combat when it comes to training. RuneScape would be better off if PC was never released, but what Jagex did was almost as good.

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked it all, especially the PC update :D Thought it was too easy before and too fast xp.

But there's one thing I didn't like this year and which I think was the worst update I've seen in my 3 years of playing... Yes, the deleting of staking :(

Edit: Yay, realised I'm a Unicorn Horn now, hehe :D

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I liked both the PC update and Duel Arena update. :oops:

Well i must admit that pest control is more fun than it used to be.. (not that i really play it anymore..) and about the dueling, the tournaments are good, but the 3k per 15 minutes is just really really bad.

Proud owner of the PS3!

bobbas7.gif

I thought the pest control update was one of the best. A mini game should never replace actual combat when it comes to training. RuneScape would be better off if PC was never released, but what Jagex did was almost as good.

Well i got to agree with you right there :-k

Still a bad update because it was part of RuneScape's culture :wall:

Double post again, naughty boy :XD:

Proud owner of the PS3!

bobbas7.gif

How is German language and Free to play polls bad?

well maybe it isn't bad (the german) but.. it isn't good for people who don't speak german

:-s #-o

You sir, fail.

why fail, it's my opinion because not everyone speaks german, so 3/4 of rs doesn't get a profit from their work...

But there is also 140 English Servers... #-o

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

How the heck is GWD a bad update?

- People could do it without a team

- No real challenge

- Not that good rewards (god swords vs whip? )

(the bandos is good, that's true)

- not really as big as we expected?

- A lot of boss monsters/areas can be done without a team, as I recall only ONE boss out of the four can be easily soloed. Didn't they fix the Zammy boss anyway? I recall they did something to the guardians to stop them wimpering away in the corener whilst you soloed the boss itself, but I'm unsure if it's no longer solo-able.

- No real challenge? Ever tried fighting the Saradomin boss?

- The rewards are great. The GS is a great weapon; it might not be that much better than a whip but it has some brilliant specials. Plus there's Bandos armour and Armadyl armour, both great sets.

- Personally, I thought it was bloody big.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

[hide]

How is German language and Free to play polls bad?

well maybe it isn't bad (the german) but.. it isn't good for people who don't speak german

:-s #-o

You sir, fail.

why fail, it's my opinion because not everyone speaks german, so 3/4 of rs doesn't get a profit from their work...

But there is also 140 English Servers... #-o

[/hide]

True... but German players could play the English version for 7 years? So they won't really need it? They played it because it was English and they could speak it...

AND the most of the younger people donÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt speak English, so you will attract more of the so called `MiniClippers`

Proud owner of the PS3!

bobbas7.gif

[hide]

- No real challenge

- A lot of boss monsters/areas can be done without a team, as I recall only ONE boss out of the four can be easily soloed. Didn't they fix the Zammy boss anyway? I recall they did something to the guardians to stop them wimpering away in the corener whilst you soloed the boss itself, but I'm unsure if it's no longer solo-able.

- The rewards are great. The GS is a great weapon; it might not be that much better than a whip but it has some brilliant specials. Plus there's Bandos armour and Armadyl armour, both great sets.

[/hide]

Well i got to agree with you... BUT.. didnÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt you expect something larger?

Double :|

Proud owner of the PS3!

bobbas7.gif

- No real challenge

*Could* do *some* of the bosses without a team when it first came out. It isn't feasable to do any of the bosses solo at my level anymore. You say that it isn't a challenge, but to be fair is anything in RuneScape actually that challenging? "Not that good rewards" - absolute rubbish. The godswords are quite impressive if you have the money and we have our first legs with a strength bonus. How big do you want the area to be anyway...?

I mentioned more than Bandos ;).

I didn't really expect it to be any size; I just took it as it was when it was released, which in my opinion is pretty big :P.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

[hide]

- No real challenge

*Could* do *some* of the bosses without a team when it first came out. It isn't feasable to do any of the bosses solo at my level anymore. You say that it isn't a challenge, but to be fair is anything in RuneScape actually that challenging? "Not that good rewards" - absolute rubbish. The godswords are quite impressive if you have the money and we have our first legs with a strength bonus. How big do you want the area to be anyway...?

[/hide]

I said that i liked the Bandos :cry: and i just don't like the godswords i guess.... :uhh:

And how big? errmmmm like it would take you months to complete it :-k

just like a game i can't mention here i guess

::' it will make you say something like: WOW

Proud owner of the PS3!

bobbas7.gif

[hide]

- No real challenge

[/hide]

I said that i liked the Bandos :cry: and i just don't like the godswords i guess.... :uhh:

Go play WoW if you want graphics and vast extensive scopes that aren't possible in Java then. -.-

[hide]

- No real challenge

[/hide]

Go play WoW if you want graphics and vast extensive scopes that aren't possible in Java then. -.-

I don't like WoW but i just want big dungeons, lol

WoW smells like old mens balls 8-)

And my problem is... that graphics ARE possible in Java (we have a topic about this i thought)

And if i want graphics i go to play on my ps3 \'

Proud owner of the PS3!

bobbas7.gif

Well since the year is almost over, i wanted to know if you guys think Jagex released something good this year? Or made some good changes?

Perhaps Good

- Clan chat

- New prayers

- Dream mentor

- Barbarian Assault

- God Wars Dungeon

- Clan chat.. that should have been there in the first place...

- Prayers.. ok... maybe good, ruined pures :-w

- Dream mentor

- Barbarian Assault - Maybe good torso

- Halloween Event - :thumbsup:

BAD

- Almost all quests - no use? Quests rock

- Player make-over - Cmon.. we don't have a nose... -.- Was good we look better now

- Postbag from the hedge - no need to say anything =; Just because you cant read doesent mean the rest of us cant

- Players Gallery - no need to say anything too :| There quite interesting to me

- "Graphics" updates What was wrong with them?

- God Wars Dungeon - huge letdown.. soz. Just because Your no good there? all the items and bosses are awesome

- Lootshare i expected more i guess... like ALL worlds? #-o Just hop?

- Pest Control - No need to say anything i guess :cry: Train somewere else, its not hard unless your a pure.

- Free to Play polls - :uhh: - no real use, sorry Only thing i agree with you on

- Duel Arena - I mean... come on....15 minutes 3k... *cries irl...* if your a truly good dueler win a tournament for money, not 1 duel

Post your thoughts and your lists, and comment!!!!

Thanks.

Btw, it's legal to post.. don't worry

Yeh, are you one of those people that rants about every update jagex makes or something? 'oh noes a new quest i cant do, ill go rant because my stats are rubbish :evil: :evil: '

I think its been a good year in all.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

[hide]

- No real challenge

[/hide]

Well i got to agree with you... BUT.. didnÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôt you expect something larger?

Larger? The GWD is bigger than Varrock, with 200 NPC spawns. With the GWD came about a dozen high-level items.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Well since the year is almost over, i wanted to know if you guys think Jagex released something good this year? Or made some good changes?

Perhaps Good

- Clan chat

- New prayers

- Dream mentor

- Barbarian Assault

- God Wars Dungeon

- Dream mentor

BAD

- Player make-over - Cmon.. we don't have a nose... -.- Was good we look better now

- Postbag from the hedge - no need to say anything =; Just because you cant read doesent mean the rest of us cant

- Players Gallery - no need to say anything too :| There quite interesting to me

- God Wars Dungeon - huge letdown.. soz. Just because Your no good there? all the items and bosses are awesome

- Lootshare i expected more i guess... like ALL worlds? Just hop?

- Pest Control - No need to say anything i guess Train somewere else, its not hard unless your a pure.

- Free to Play polls - :uhh: - no real use, sorry Only thing i agree with you on

- Duel Arena - I mean... come on....15 minutes 3k... *cries irl...* if your a truly good dueler win a tournament for money, not 1 duel

Thanks.

Yeh, are you one of those people that rants about every update jagex makes or something? 'oh noes a new quest i cant do, ill go rant because my stats are rubbish :evil: '

First of all... you say we have a nose?

Second i cant read... how can i post back -.-

Third - No good? i'm higher cb than u :uhh:

Four - I liked slayer more than pc

Five- i can do quests.. lol

Proud owner of the PS3!

bobbas7.gif

Good ones:

Achievement diary <3:

Dragonfire Shield + Visage

Mith Dragons + D full

New Varrock + Museum

Bad ones:

Assist system -.-,

Quest help. I mean honestly, who needs this?

Graphical 'updates' Bye-bye werewolves...

Barbarian Assault. Slightly fun but getting a rune pick from high level gamble kind of ruined it for me.

99/99 Cooking. 1500+ total level. 96+ Combat

lawlkv8.png

[hide]

- No real challenge

[/hide]

Larger? The GWD is bigger than Varrock, with 200 NPC spawns. With the GWD came about a dozen high-level items.

Well maybe i expected too much :cry:

Proud owner of the PS3!

bobbas7.gif

[hide]

Perhaps Good

- Clan chat

- New prayers

- Dream mentor

- Barbarian Assault

- God Wars Dungeon

- Dream mentor

BAD

- Pest Control - No need to say anything i guess Train somewere else, its not hard unless your a pure.

Thanks.

Yeh, are you one of those people that rants about every update jagex makes or something? 'oh noes a new quest i cant do, ill go rant because my stats are rubbish :evil: '

[/hide]

I never said we have noses, and how often do you really not wear a helm and zoom in far enough to notice anyway?

On your other poionts, i was generalising, just because you find an update bad doesent mean the whole community does, most of what you put in the bad section many players like alot.

Also, can you not post and double post after every reply? let people discuss?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

[hide]

Perhaps Good

- Clan chat

- New prayers

- Dream mentor

- Barbarian Assault

- God Wars Dungeon

- Dream mentor

BAD

Thanks.

[/hide]

I never said we have noses, and how often do you really not wear a helm and zoom in far enough to notice anyway?

On your other poionts, i was generalising, just because you find an update bad doesent mean the whole community does, most of what you put in the bad section many players like alot.

Also, can you not post and double post after every reply? let people discuss?

It was my opinion and i asked for the communities opinion #-o and i won't post, going to play on ps3 , cya

Proud owner of the PS3!

bobbas7.gif

In no real order

Good:

Making some items untradeable - like the leaf bladed spear and stopping a load of scams.

Experience remaining - handy, removed having to look up what I needed on a calculator

Neitiznot Helm - an excellent piece of armour

Bandos armour - nuff said

Dragon boots - Great

Sara sword - Interesting weapon once I can get my hands on it

Dragonfire Shield - it came out of nowhere and it was awesome

Barrelchest Anchor - Fun and strong

Good plot developments in Quests - it's one of the most important things for me

Barbarian Assualt - Zerker gear is always good.

Ava Accumulator - handy for picking up arrows for you

Lumberjack Outfit - it looks cool

Updated Trawler - Finally it's worthwhile

World Switcher - Simple but loveable

Easter and Egg Bowling :)

The uncensoring of g'day! - Yay!

Achievement Diary's - A decent, new challenge

Dream Mentor - A quest that started making the Quest cape more respectable

The Dark Bow - Ranger's finally have their K.O weapon

Mith Dragons - A tough little customer

Dragon Full Helm - Always nice to come closer to finishing up the dragon collection

Themed Worlds - Finally mini-games get attention!

Shop update - personally I love infinite stock of runes and various other stuff.

Jade vine - A new way of getting farming experience. A godsend for me.

ZMI altar - A faster method of getting runecrafting exp is good for me

Bad:

Wilderness Ditch - It was meant to stop luring? No.

People whining over every update - every single update, most of the times, completely unnecessary

The Tower of life - boring much?

Jewellery update - just wasn't as good as it could of been

Hasta's - woo, how lame!

Impetuous Impulses - Caused hassle for getting my Hunter level up because of tons of people aiming for level 83. And in the end, the loot isn't all that great. And my own complaint, I've never even seen a Dragon Impling <.<

Duel Arena Update - I don't bother but I do understand it's struck a nerve in a few people.

Pest Control update - personally I hate how Jagex have messed it up for Rangers and Magers

Slayer Monsters - A vast majority of the ones from this year are just a hindrance for assignments and just not worthwhile in the slightest.

Assit system - Good for stopping scamming, but it just doesnt seem quite right to me.

The agility icon - lol

Dark_Jab.png

Don't bash the guy for expressing his opinions, in his opinion he didn't like some of the updates, if you disagree say something along the lines of 'I thought so and so update was good actually, heres why...' Theres no call to tell him to go play another game or call him a moaner.