bobbas7

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost all updates this year have had positive effects for me;

GOOD

Clan Chat

Very useful, also makes your 'scaping experience more fun if your in the right chats, while your doing something boring and repetetive.

New Prayers

Good for the majority of players, improved max hits and accuracy.

Quests

Can't think of many but umm.. Dream Mentor was good. Lunar spellbook needed expanding imo.

Assist System

Very useful for people who need raw materials transformed, and ofcourse the other person gets the EXP. They made this update very wisely so that it wasn't over or underused i think.

Barbarian Assault

No other mini-game like it, very creative, fun for some, some just want the achievement at the end of it. Great looking body which saves you 50k if you die in the wilderness. \'

God Wars Dungeon

Ain't been down there yet because i wasn't around when this update came, but the Godswords are a positive update aslong as they stay at a high price, if they get quite low PvP combat will be overpowered by Melee.

Halloween Event

Compared to some of the previous Holiday items it was a good looking one, not very creative.. but then we chose it! :D The emote is nice though, overall nice update :)

PC??

I thought this was late 2006? :o Anyways... overall i think it's positive, ofcourse like everyone i liked the easy training. But there is more to explore in RuneScape, fighting different monsters and it's deffinately improved the popularity of Slayer again, which prevents bad prices on new Slayer items. (Good imo)

Duel Tournaments & Staking Changes

Duel Tournaments - Great fun, although it costs a bit, if you win you get a lot more back from it. Encourages using some of your best gear for good fun and rankings. Though it's not very good for lower players, but there has been a lot of lower-aimed updates recently, we deserved one. <3:

Staking Changes - I can see it from both sides, doesn't affect me much, and i personally see it coming out in the end as a positive change. I think staking isn't a good way to play the game, it becomes the only thrill for some 'scapers and they end up being addicted to staking.

I can see it also possibly encouraging real life gambling, but I won't go into that.

I see the staking change being a positive change after people have forgotten about it and started to live with the fact it's gone.

So there's my views on 2007. Not a bad year for updates at all IMO. :)

Looking forward to the year ahead, the Summoning skill and "The biggest update since RS2" - If summoning isn't that.. ::'

#aB05.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

Yay. Staking is dead.

Yay. PC is dead.

Yay, the game is finally comming back towards skills. Maybe in a week I can add....

Yay. Merchanting is dead.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Well theres alot of middle ground i will try an sort through most of that.

Good

Barbarian Assault - Love the Torso, Hat and Gloves.

Dream Mentor w/ new Spells - Great addition.

PC Update - Stops fast 126s with 30 Slayer.

Clan Chat - Should of been eairler oh well.

Diares - Something to do and people can find things they didn't know were there.

Slight Graphics updates - Every Bit helps

Tournaments - Only good bit about that update.

Bad

I don't hate any update that 'doesn't bring anything new' because every bit helps imo.

But yes the Duel Arena - Duh

Costantino.png

In no real order

Good:

Making some items untradeable - like the leaf bladed spear and stopping a load of scams.

Experience remaining - handy, removed having to look up what I needed on a calculator

Neitiznot Helm - an excellent piece of armour

Bandos armour - nuff said

Dragon boots - Great

Sara sword - Interesting weapon once I can get my hands on it

Dragonfire Shield - it came out of nowhere and it was awesome

Barrelchest Anchor - Fun and strong

Good plot developments in Quests - it's one of the most important things for me

Barbarian Assualt - Zerker gear is always good.

Ava Accumulator - handy for picking up arrows for you

Lumberjack Outfit - it looks cool

Updated Trawler - Finally it's worthwhile

World Switcher - Simple but loveable

Easter and Egg Bowling :)

The uncensoring of g'day! - Yay!

Achievement Diary's - A decent, new challenge

Dream Mentor - A quest that started making the Quest cape more respectable

The Dark Bow - Ranger's finally have their K.O weapon

Mith Dragons - A tough little customer

Dragon Full Helm - Always nice to come closer to finishing up the dragon collection

Themed Worlds - Finally mini-games get attention!

Shop update - personally I love infinite stock of runes and various other stuff.

Jade vine - A new way of getting farming experience. A godsend for me.

ZMI altar - A faster method of getting runecrafting exp is good for me

Bad:

Wilderness Ditch - It was meant to stop luring? No.

People whining over every update - every single update, most of the times, completely unnecessary

The Tower of life - boring much?

Jewellery update - just wasn't as good as it could of been

Hasta's - woo, how lame!

Impetuous Impulses - Caused hassle for getting my Hunter level up because of tons of people aiming for level 83. And in the end, the loot isn't all that great. And my own complaint, I've never even seen a Dragon Impling <.<

Duel Arena Update - I don't bother but I do understand it's struck a nerve in a few people.

Pest Control update - personally I hate how Jagex have messed it up for Rangers and Magers

Slayer Monsters - A vast majority of the ones from this year are just a hindrance for assignments and just not worthwhile in the slightest.

Assit system - Good for stopping scamming, but it just doesnt seem quite right to me.

The agility icon - lol

Wow... that are some good points, i agree with almost all of them :thumbsup:

Proud owner of the PS3!

bobbas7.gif

In no real order

Good:

Making some items untradeable - like the leaf bladed spear and stopping a load of scams.

Experience remaining - handy, removed having to look up what I needed on a calculator

Neitiznot Helm - an excellent piece of armour

Bandos armour - nuff said

Dragon boots - Great

Sara sword - Interesting weapon once I can get my hands on it

Dragonfire Shield - it came out of nowhere and it was awesome

Barrelchest Anchor - Fun and strong

Good plot developments in Quests - it's one of the most important things for me

Barbarian Assualt - Zerker gear is always good.

Ava Accumulator - handy for picking up arrows for you

Lumberjack Outfit - it looks cool

Updated Trawler - Finally it's worthwhile

World Switcher - Simple but loveable

Easter and Egg Bowling :)

The uncensoring of g'day! - Yay!

Achievement Diary's - A decent, new challenge

Dream Mentor - A quest that started making the Quest cape more respectable

The Dark Bow - Ranger's finally have their K.O weapon

Mith Dragons - A tough little customer

Dragon Full Helm - Always nice to come closer to finishing up the dragon collection

Themed Worlds - Finally mini-games get attention!

Shop update - personally I love infinite stock of runes and various other stuff.

Jade vine - A new way of getting farming experience. A godsend for me.

ZMI altar - A faster method of getting runecrafting exp is good for me

Bad:

Wilderness Ditch - It was meant to stop luring? No.

People whining over every update - every single update, most of the times, completely unnecessary

The Tower of life - boring much?

Jewellery update - just wasn't as good as it could of been

Hasta's - woo, how lame!

Impetuous Impulses - Caused hassle for getting my Hunter level up because of tons of people aiming for level 83. And in the end, the loot isn't all that great. And my own complaint, I've never even seen a Dragon Impling <.<

Duel Arena Update - I don't bother but I do understand it's struck a nerve in a few people.

Pest Control update - personally I hate how Jagex have messed it up for Rangers and Magers

Slayer Monsters - A vast majority of the ones from this year are just a hindrance for assignments and just not worthwhile in the slightest.

Assit system - Good for stopping scamming, but it just doesnt seem quite right to me.

The agility icon - lol

Wow... that are some good points, i agree with almost all of them :thumbsup:

+1 - darkjab has hit the nail on the head for me. In particular, the addition of slayer monsters has generally been a hinderance to doing slayer as lots more annoying monsters have been added, in particular, warped terrorbirds and warped tortoises.

The only addition that I would make is the two achievement diaries. These were pretty great, in particular, Varrock was miles better than I thought that it would be. The karamja gloves= awesome for getting to slayer master fast, and varrock armour=great for getting battlestaves+mining high level ores.

All in all, I think that it has been a pretty good year. I'll reserve judgement on the duel arena update until I try the tournament aspect of it, but the staking limit is pretty lamentable.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

All in all, I think that it has been a pretty good year. I'll reserve judgement on the duel arena update until I try the tournament aspect of it, but the staking limit is pretty lamentable.

Don't bother unless you enjoy wasting money and time and pulling your hair out in frustration. It's a mess.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I would hardly call the German language release a bad update. Rather, think of it as just the first language update of several to come. I'm certain that we will see French, Dutch, and Spanish language servers in the future. By releasing more language servers, Jagex is expanding the size of their customer base.

True, but you got to agree with me that they could as well done other updates instead of it?

No.

afbeelding4kopieae2.png

Oh and back to the topic creator, here is proof that we do have noses!

nose.jpg

Thought you would like to see it.

Lol.

Besides, the player kit update wasn't a graphical update. It was just an improvement to character customization. Pirates and Edgeville Guards still have more polygons than we do.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

nose.jpg

omfg that's just... hax? :ohnoes:

*edit* I can't post because my internet isn't functioning right, so i go and play on my ps3 ::'

Proud owner of the PS3!

bobbas7.gif

nose.jpg

omfg that's just... hax? :ohnoes:

*edit* I can't post because my internet isn't functioning right, so i go and play on my ps3 ::'

If you look closey everyone has a small poke out for a nose. People with moustaches etc have it more prominent though.

Costantino.png

Don't bother unless you enjoy wasting money and time and pulling your hair out in frustration. It's a mess.

Q is right again.

Some 122 lost to a level 100. :shame:

How the heck is GWD a bad update?

- Not that good rewards (god swords vs whip? )

(the bandos is good, that's true)

speak for yourself, Armadyl is like my biggest long term goal now.

oh and

Pest Control update=Best Update Ever

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

How the heck is GWD a bad update?

- Not that good rewards (god swords vs whip? )

(the bandos is good, that's true)

speak for yourself, Armadyl is like my biggest long term goal now.

oh and

Pest Control update=Best Update Ever

If everyone would really read the first post, i am speaking for myself.. it's my opinion... <.<

Proud owner of the PS3!

bobbas7.gif