Girls in RuneScape

Plugpoint

What a bad thread.

I' m just going to leave you to the girls, they' ll probably :wall: then :-# , and finally :twisted: your :boohoo: .

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, when threads get this high in views, I just assume its because of arguments and flame wars. I'm usually right.

Well that effectively means you were wrong on this try because I see no flame wars, and "arguments"? well this thread has no more "arguments" than your average discussion topic.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

To me, when threads get this high in views, I just assume its because of arguments and flame wars. I'm usually right.

Well that effectively means you were wrong on this try because I see no flame wars, and "arguments"? well this thread has no more "arguments" than your average discussion topic.

But I see you're trying to start one, you don't want to make me right now, do you?

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I propose tip-iters to use girl avatars and test out the hawtness *pun* of this situation. Well I'll start and see how it goes...

And erhm I've been a girl before and it wasn't so bad, and I told'em I chose girl avatar (character) because it is luckier than males [Opinion].

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

I'm female, i don't let the players bother me. Well until they start saying i've cheated because no girl can be over 100 cmb. All girls are skillers that sort of talk is a bit upsetting.

I like your siggy. Just pointing that out...

Thanks Darl :P

Hkdollars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:03 am Post subject:

I propose tip-iters to use girl avatars and test out the hawtness *pun* of this situation. Well I'll start and see how it goes...

And erhm I've been a girl before and it wasn't so bad, and I told'em I chose girl avatar (character) because it is luckier than males [Opinion].

Having girl avatars doesn't necessarily make you a girl though which is unfortunate.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

But I see you're trying to start one, you don't want to make me right now, do you?

Well, technically speaking the total views reached the level that you mocked before there were any form of flames or major argumentation on this thread, as pointed out by Solidus, so pointlessly baiting right now is not going to help your argument very much.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Well, technically speaking the total views reached the level that you mocked before there were any form of flames or major argumentation on this thread, as pointed out by Solidus, so pointlessly baiting right now is not going to help your argument very much.

Mocked? Argument? I'm feeling quite railroaded here, folks.

Just casually stated that I assume high-post/high-view threads contain varying number of flame/argumentative posts.

And I'm usually right, because they usually do. Not sure where I implied this topic contains the aforementioned qualities; I would surely do my research before making such a grandiose statement.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

What we have here is a catch 22. You're asking me if I want to start a debate. But how do I express myself fully?

If I answer yes, then I will have admitted to starting a debate. Since this is not my original intention then therefore I must conclude that I cannot answer yes.

If I answer no, then by disagreeing with you I will have effectively started an argument, and I can be safe to assume that you will eagerly take part, by trying to prove that I did in fact want to start a debate and therefore we would have caused a debate anyways. Why would you want to start a debate about proving whether or not I started to debate? In the end, clearly if I answer no, I will not be able to communicate my message that I do not want to start a debate.

Perhaps you mistook my logical conclusion for an invitation to a debate and frankly I don't really mind.

What is, however, interesting is if you look back at the original post to get a bit of insight.

Now the first thing that strikes me when I read this is the context. I was showing my acceptance of the "1k+ views" in this topic and all of a sudden? Someone randomly comes in and throws their opinion in. It seemed pretty odd that you would just toss an opinion in for no apparent reason so I ask you: why did you spent 1 minute reply to my post (which didn't concern you) with something unrelated? It's not like we were having a debate, so why the sudden opinion thrown in?

The second thing I find strange is the tone of voice. It's basically saying: "In my opinion, I believe [such and such] and I'm usually right. That's just perfect for someone to say "erm, sorry but your wrong" and thus start a debate, except that according to you, you were not trying to start a debate. The "in my opinion" stresses the fact that this is an opinion, which makes it very much prone to debating. Except that, according to you, you were not trying to start a debate, so quite honestly I don't see why post with such a tone of voice. The "I'm usually right" part is used as a vague form of justification. Why is it even included? It makes it sound like you're trying to start an argument except that, according to you, you were not trying to start a debate.

Now back to the catch 22. If I was to reply, we could end up not only having a debate over whether or not I wanted to start a debate, but also a debate over whether or not your reply was an attempt to start a debate. That leaves only one solution left: We both shut up and let this thread get back on topic.

And I'm usually right, because they usually do. Not sure where I implied this topic contains the aforementioned qualities; I would surely do my research before making such a grandiose statement.

That's exactly why I pointed out that this thread was an exception to your rule. I wasn't trying to start a fight at all, in fact it seems that I was helping you improve your research by showing a specific scenario where your theory doesn't fit. You should be thanking me.

Although I do sympathize with you, because I make the same kinds of statements:. You know, just by looking at a person's username, I can generally tell the maturity of the person, and I'm also even more usually right ::'

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

People, people.... why can't we just get along and be happy with ourselves? :boohoo: I mean, come on! Ranting because of THIS? It's ridiculous. :uhh:

[oh man... come on.. i didnt do that bad to your modesty... and i was drunk! you were not! you took advantage of me... wildernessfreelancer!]

Yep, that's what they'll always say, LoL.

Calm down chaps! This is a rant about imbeciles who don't accept that there are girls who play RuneScape, not a rant about other people ranting about your rant!! However...

Not sure where I implied this topic contains the aforementioned qualities

Contradicted yourself there - why bother with the first reply if you don't think the topic contains those 'qualities'? You did indeed imply that it's got so many views due to flaming and arguments - which was wrong until you replied. So thank you very much for turning my rant into an argument thread -.-

Back to the point that I was originally making with this thread...

I propose tip-iters to use girl avatars and test out the hawtness *pun* of this situation.

People like you are precisely the problem! The people that don't accept that girls play RS think so because they know a lot of the female characters are in fact male in real life! <.<

Plugpoint92 ::'

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Calm down chaps! This is a rant about imbeciles who don't accept that there are girls who play RuneScape, not a rant about other people ranting about your rant!! However...

Not sure where I implied this topic contains the aforementioned qualities

Contradicted yourself there - why bother with the first reply if you don't think the topic contains those 'qualities'? You did indeed imply that it's got so many views due to flaming and arguments - which was wrong until you replied. So thank you very much for turning my rant into an argument thread -.-

Back to the point that I was originally making with this thread...

I propose tip-iters to use girl avatars and test out the hawtness *pun* of this situation.

People like you are precisely the problem! The people that don't accept that girls play RS think so because they know a lot of the female characters are in fact male in real life! <.<

No, you're wrong.

If I thought this thread contained flaming posts, I would look through it before even bothering to "imply" anything. I would have you know that I didn't even warrant this topic a look-through, because I had no intentions of claiming it contained flaming.

Simply using a growing thread with the original poster bragging about "1k views zomg!" as a medium with which to express my thoughts on large topics.

Valiant effort, however.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

From a practical point of view, people are so often more happy to share training spots if your character is female.

And that is why charecter is female. I avoid most abuse by using legs instead of a skirt. If people are to blind to notice im a chick, I just remove my hemet.

No, you're wrong.

If I thought this thread contained flaming posts, I would look through it before even bothering to "imply" anything. I would have you know that I didn't even warrant this topic a look-through, because I had no intentions of claiming it contained flaming.

Simply using a growing thread with the original poster bragging about "1k views zomg!" as a medium with which to express my thoughts on large topics.

Valiant effort, however.

This, my friends, is what we call a straw man. Please, do not ever do it, especially when the author using it is as ambiguous about their opinion as this one.

Poopingman, if I may ask, why did you come into this topic and say what you did, if you had no intention of implying that this thread held those qualities you mentioned?

No, you're wrong.

Valiant effort, however.

This, my friends, is what we call a straw man. Please, do not ever do it, especially when the author using it is as ambiguous about their opinion as this one.

Poopingman, if I may ask, why did you come into this topic and say what you did, if you had no intention of implying that this thread held those qualities you mentioned?

I'm not repeating myself. Sitting and orchestrating elaborate, link-ridden responses doesn't overshadow the fact that you are blissfully ignorant to half of what I have said up to this point.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I'm not repeating myself. Sitting and orchestrating elaborate, link-ridden responses doesn't overshadow the fact that you are blissfully ignorant to half of what I have said up to this point.

Just cut the crap and answer the question: Why did you come and announce your criticism if this thread contained none of the qualities you mentioned? Do you really think that we care about your irrelevant opinions? :roll:

BlueSig6.jpg

Yes, I am blissfully[ish] ignorant of half of what you've said up to this point, because you don't take the time to explain any of it. Why the heck do you think I asked that question? I'm trying to understand further what you're trying to say. Rather than insulting my ignorance of your opinion when I ask you about it, why not, I dunno, explain it?

Oh, and big words don't make the man, so put away the [online thesaurus]/[useless terminology] and start actually talking to us.

What we have here is a catch 22. You're asking me if I want to start a debate. But how do I express myself fully?

If I answer yes, then I will have admitted to starting a debate. Since this is not my original intention then therefore I must conclude that I cannot answer yes.

If I answer no, then by disagreeing with you I will have effectively started an argument, and I can be safe to assume that you will eagerly take part, by trying to prove that I did in fact want to start a debate and therefore we would have caused a debate anyways. Why would you want to start a debate about proving whether or not I started to debate? In the end, clearly if I answer no, I will not be able to communicate my message that I do not want to start a debate.

Perhaps you mistook my logical conclusion for an invitation to a debate and frankly I don't really mind.

What is, however, interesting is if you look back at the original post to get a bit of insight.

Now the first thing that strikes me when I read this is the context. I was showing my acceptance of the "1k+ views" in this topic and all of a sudden? Someone randomly comes in and throws their opinion in. It seemed pretty odd that you would just toss an opinion in for no apparent reason so I ask you: why did you spent 1 minute reply to my post (which didn't concern you) with something unrelated? It's not like we were having a debate, so why the sudden opinion thrown in?

The second thing I find strange is the tone of voice. It's basically saying: "In my opinion, I believe [such and such] and I'm usually right. That's just perfect for someone to say "erm, sorry but your wrong" and thus start a debate, except that according to you, you were not trying to start a debate. The "in my opinion" stresses the fact that this is an opinion, which makes it very much prone to debating. Except that, according to you, you were not trying to start a debate, so quite honestly I don't see why post with such a tone of voice. The "I'm usually right" part is used as a vague form of justification. Why is it even included? It makes it sound like you're trying to start an argument except that, according to you, you were not trying to start a debate.

Now back to the catch 22. If I was to reply, we could end up not only having a debate over whether or not I wanted to start a debate, but also a debate over whether or not your reply was an attempt to start a debate. That leaves only one solution left: We both shut up and let this thread get back on topic.

That's exactly why I pointed out that this thread was an exception to your rule. I wasn't trying to start a fight at all, in fact it seems that I was helping you improve your research by showing a specific scenario where your theory doesn't fit. You should be thanking me.

Although I do sympathize with you, because I make the same kinds of statements:. You know, just by looking at a person's username, I can generally tell the maturity of the person, and I'm also even more usually right ::'

Just the way Winston Churchhill woud have said it! :thumbsup: =D> :D

Whilst reading the first few posts about guys wearing dragon skirts, I opened my RS window and what do I see? A Guy wearing a Dragon Skirt... And did anyone moan at him?? Nope. I know he chose to wear it but you get my point, right? :?

But anyway, I hate it when guys think they are better than you JUST because you are a girl!! :evil: A lvl 19 guy came up and said "Haha ur a noob" and I was like "How?" and he goes "Coz ur a girl.... lol noob!" and walked off.... seriously, whats the problem?? <.< It's not like RS is made JUST for guys! If it was, they wouldn't make dragon skirts would they.....? :wink: Just making a point here.....

Onyxpixie499wc.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Valiant effort, however.

SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

I made a post previous to yours saying that it's a rant about girls in RuneScape and NOT an argument thread! So you reply with an argument to that! If I had the power to delete every one of your replies to my topic I would without hesitating. Go and take your stupid ramblings elsewhere! If you didn't even look through the topic, WHY REPLY?!! And as for 'valiant effort, however', could you BE any more patronising?!

Put simply: GO AWAY. And Solidus_77 and Rebdragon, I appreciate what you're saying but please just ignore him, I know he's an idiot but your replies are prompting him to respond... continue arguing in private messages if you must :P

Getting back onto topic:

Whilst reading the first few posts about guys wearing dragon skirts, I opened my RS window and what do I see? A Guy wearing a Dragon Skirt... And did anyone moan at him?? Nope. I know he chose to wear it but you get my point, right? :?

But anyway, I hate it when guys think they are better than you JUST because you are a girl!! :evil: A lvl 19 guy came up and said "Haha ur a noob" and I was like "How?" and he goes "Coz ur a girl.... lol noob!" and walked off.... seriously, whats the problem?? <.< It's not like RS is made JUST for guys! If it was, they wouldn't make dragon skirts would they.....? :wink: Just making a point here.....

They didn't moan at him because it's been made obvious he's a guy, he hadn't become a female character in order to wear the skirt.

And as for the lvl 19 calling you a noob for being a girl - as someone else said, two of the top four players on RS are girls. And he was probably trying to get a nasty reaction so he could report you and then complain because Jagex didn't make him a mod the next day.. I hate noobs, or newbs which is probably the case, who are like that..

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

lol tht happened to me 1nce on my main. I went to makeup mage and turned into a girl because dragon scirts r a lot cheaperr.

tip: when pking turn into a girl and ask other guys to help u pk. they trust u more

use ardy lever to teleport to lvl 52 wilderness.

Run north - cut the webs.

3-4 steps north+1 west