The God Wars Dungeon for Level 120+ Players (AoW)

Benjamin6264

I added some ways to counter the "New 3000gp rule #-o ". Now you won't have any problem sharing the loot with your partners. If someone has found out other ways to go around this annoying update, tell me :roll: .

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benjamin, there's a few things you should change / remove from your guide.

First off, your second item transfer method doesn't work. There's no wilderness, and when you die, no one sees your items UNLESS they were the one who killed you and you were in bounty hunter.

Also, saying do this in bounty hunter won't work. Even if it's from auto retaliate, if you kill ANYONE not your target, you will get the penalty. That includes if they attacked you first or you're their target.

Secondly, you really ought to remove your guide on Saradomin. Saradomin's Encampment is perhaps my favorite portion of the God Wars Dungeon, and having been there dozens of times, the strategy you listed would not work efficiently without at least 10 people. Even with 10 people, it is a VERY risky strategy to employ, as even with 99 defense, 99 hitpoints, 99 prayer, and +360 slash defense, I can't stand toe to toe with her melee attacks for more than a minute. She does an INCREDIBLE amount of damage.

Finally, whether you choose to heed my above warning or not, I highly, highly recommend you remove the solo-ing sara guide. That does not work. I have a friend who attempted to solo her with protect magic and melee attacks eight times. He died once, lost the other 7 times. He used multiple setups, and he's maxed out (99-99-99, 99 hitpoints, 99 pray) and he never even got her to 25% of her hitpoints. Like I said, she does way too much damage for that.

There were only two ways of solo-ing Zilyana to my knowledge. The first is to lure her to the doorway and pin her and starlight in the right positions, then blast chinchompas to kill her. This method no longer works as the doorway is removed.

The second is a hit and run, preferably with range attacks. I've successfully solo'd her twice with that method out of 3 tries.

I'm guessing you've never fought or watched someone fight Zilyana before, as you're only 58 agility. She is the DEADLIEST of all 4 GWD Bosses. As I wrote in my guide, her melee attack uses the attack speed of darts, and hits almost every time on my +360 defense, piety, sara brewed, 99 defense. You should hold off writing that portion of the guide until you've tried it yourself.

Im not gonna lie, if you know how to GWD at all, dont listen to this guide... Its terrible...

Why tele if you get something good?

Do you like getting hit 16 by K'ril's poison, because there's no anti in your inven?

Sara D'hide top to Sara?

Seriously...

1/10 for trying

cooljj8.png

-3,940 to 99 Cooking~3,366 to 99 Magic-

-1,241 to 99 Thieving~7,501 to 99 Ranged-

-14,608 to 99 Defense~17,528 to 99 Hitpoints-

In answer to geniusjoe93 :

-Saradomin d-hide protects you from being attacked by Saradomin followers and has good overall defence. However, I admit Melee defence is very important so I will change this part of the guide to get a 350+ melee defence. Saradomin Stole will do the job for stopping the Saradomin Monsters.

-I forgot to add anti poison on my picture. Does that make of my guide a terrible one? Seriously...

-You should teleport when you get a rare item not to risk losing it if you die...Common sense...

Im not gonna lie, if you know how to GWD at all, dont listen to this guide... Its terrible...

Why tele if you get something good?

Do you like getting hit 16 by K'ril's poison, because there's no anti in your inven?

Sara D'hide top to Sara?

Seriously...

1/10 for trying

Seriously, stop rating like an idiot. Did you call my guide terrible by plain stupidity or because you're soma's friend and wanted to bump my guide out of his way? That's pathetic...

I edited some things about Saradomin's Encampment Part of the God Wars dungeon after soma's post. It is true that soloing her isn't good. Soma, please take note it's my friends who helped me write this part of the guide since I don't have 70 agility (yet...). Good luck with your guide, too.

Benjamin, I'm going to say that unless you've been to the boss, and the guide represents what *you* do each trip, you shouldn't post about it. I say this because listening to friends or watching videos or reading up on it doesn't give you near enough understanding of what it's like. So in my opinion you should leave Sara out entirely along with any of the soloing guides for any boss you have not yourself soloed.

As far as the rest of your guide, antipoison is huge at K'ril, range defense isn't what's needed against Commander Zilyana, it's melee defense you're after (again I'd suggest just taking this portion out until you're 70+ agility), the best place to get killcount for Bandos is *not* hobgoblins to the north, You do not need to teleport if you get a rare drop that protects over your other stuff if you do in fact die (ie hilts, shards, bandos and armadyl armour depending on what valuables you have with you), bringing an amulet of fury is *not* risky, seeing as it would protect if you died according to your inventory...Lastly, I'm going to say that for anyone going with a team of more than 2 people, don't follow his inventories closely, you will need more brews and less shark if you want to make it a worthwhile trip.

As far as your comment about geniusjoe, I don't quite understand how you can 'bump a guide out of the way'...because most people usually bump things when they want more people to see it...

P.S. - you might want to mention somewhere that K'ril can hit up to 50 with his fury attack, which hits through prayer...might be helpful for players who've never been to him before.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Sorry, but I don't agree with anything you said, especially that hogoblins aren't the best killcount spot.

Some rare God Wars items have lower shop value than some armour used in God Wars Dungeon.

By "bump out of the way", I meant to make bad comments on my guide so more people go see the other one, thing that I also think you did...

Please think a little before posting next time.

Ok Benjamin, what's easier to get kill count on....a group of 5 goblins with 3-16 hp, or a group of 3 lvl 47 hobgoblins that can actually do a little bit of damage to you before going in? You're wrong about hobgoblins being the best spot for bandos kc.

Also, shards have a shop value of 100k, hilts are 300k I believe, so unless you bring 3 dragonfireshields or full crystal bows, good luck losing them when you die. I'll have to look into the value of the armours, but I know they are still moderately high. (But honestly, if you have full supplies still, why not kill a few more and just be careful about it?)

And I knew what you meant when you said 'bump it out of the way' but I'm proving that maybe you should be the one thinking about what your posting versus telling us off on what are true criticisms.

One last thing, I really don't care about Soma2035's guide or people reading his versus yours, I care about preventing disasters because someone read all they had to do to kill Commander Zilyana was just run up and hit her with a whip...at *best* this would get her hp down a bit and you'd end up teleporting, worst case you die. (unless of course you have 10+ people hitting her with a whip and only plan on killing her twice)

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

Wow, Soma, Jen (Genius) and Madman are all owning you. My turn.

First of all, you say you need 90+ melee stats to solo Zilyana? If you think that, you're mentally deficient. I'm 126 combat and I have tried and failed around 10 times to solo Zilyana with melee - with vengeance, recoils, even saradomin brews rather than sharks - and I don't recommend that as it's very dangerous because potions heal less per click and can get you KO'ed. The proper way to solo Zilyana is to run around the dungeon while ranging her with something such as diamond bolts.

MOD EDIT: While constructive critisism is okay, don't take it too far. Helping users improve is better than putting them down. ~ aaron1120

Also, your ranting about how sharks are better than saradomin brews is utter nonsense. Soma and Madman and I are good friends and go GWD together very often. We do so with professional setups and methods. We use saradomin brews and super restore potions so that our trips will last long and we'll make the most out of it.

Sure, sharks ARE cheaper, but if you want to do GWD properly, you need to take brews and restores.

Also, you do NOT need 115+ combat to solo K'ril Tsutsaroth. He's the easiest boss and I don't doubt a level 80 could solo him. So before you post a guide next time, RESEARCH and TEST your information before telling it to everyone, and possibly getting people killed with your idiotic information.

PS - Brews are under 1k each, restores are around 5k each, which is pretty close to prayer potions as it is. And if you know math at all, using Saradomin brew is actually a lower cost of HP healed per gp.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

-You should teleport when you get a rare item not to risk losing it if you die...Common sense...

Seriously, stop rating like an idiot. Did you call my guide terrible by plain stupidity or because you're soma's friend and wanted to bump my guide out of his way? That's pathetic...

Ok...

1)Teleporting after getting an item isn't common sense, it's stupid..So if you get a hilt first drop, you're gonna tele and not get the extra kills because you're too scared to keep going? What if you actually stay and get another item because you weren't scared and kept going on.

2)I did not call your guide terrible by plain stupidity, I called it terrible because it's true. And yes soma is my friend, but that has nothing to do with it.

cooljj8.png

Geniusjoe, many items have higher shop value than hilts, and to MY OPINION (that means I don't really care about your's), you should teleport after you get a rare item.

Yes, my guide still contains some mistakes. It doesn't make of it a terrible guide. Strangely, the lowest rating I got from someone not knowing soma is a 7/10, and the rest is mostly 9/10. So you trying to make more people see your pal's guide by rating me bad notes is ridiculous.

Geniusjoe, many items have higher shop value than hilts, and to MY OPINION (that means I don't really care about your's), you should teleport after you get a rare item.

Yes, my guide still contains some mistakes. It doesn't make of it a terrible guide. Strangely, the lowest rating I got from someone not knowing soma is a 7/10, and the rest is mostly 9/10. So you trying to make more people see your pal's guide by rating me bad notes is ridiculous.

For once, you're providing a blatantly wrong fact.

Name those items that have a shop value higher than a hilt? A hilt has a selling to store value of 200,000. That's higher than all barrow items, whips, dark bows, fury amulets, berserker rings, dragon boots.

Unless you're bringing 3 Dragon Square Shields to there, or 3 Crystal items, you're NOT going to lose the hilt.

Also, the people who do know me here are all professional GWDers. I tried to be polite by only commenting on the one thing that could be actively dangerous to other people. Your guides are misleading, and only the people who don't realize it have rated it so far.

I don't think it was right for Genius to flame you such, but his argument IS justified.

Edit: Okay I just checked some statistics.

Hilt - Sells for 200k

Full Blade - Sells for 300k

Shard Sells for 100k

DRAGON LEGS - Sells for 108k

DRAGON SQUARE SHIELD - Sells for 200k, PROTECTS UNDER HILT. I checked this by comparing 2 d squares + a hilt with a blade. I'd protect hilt, blade, and one square.

The only items that would protect over hilt are:

Dragonfire shield

*Possibly* Crystal shield or Crystal bow. Not certain.

I don't really see any reason someone would bring one of each of the above, or 3 DFS.

Probably the only items at risk if you die are shards, worth 500k (you'd keep shards over something like a whip...) and Armadyl armor which has fairly mediocre protect value. Bandos Armor, Hilts, Saradomin sword all have high protect values.

Yeah...

Sorry I flamed so much, but it's aggravating when you know you've been to GW enough to know what you're doing and you see someone post stuff with wrong info..

So I apologize if I've been too mean, but please take mine and my friends suggestions into consideration.

cooljj8.png

The guide isn't good at all.

No pictures....

Lmao. I count heck a lot of pictures. If you are talking about in-game pictures, I don't believe they're useful to anything exept making the page longer to load.

It's ok but why did you read my guide if you already know how to GWD if it's not for the reason I explained before?

I was asked to write a guide by a good friend. When I got on your forum, there was already a guide here... so I decided to take a look before writing my own. I was a bit shocked at some the content you had which is why I mentioned it to another friend, and word spread.

As for why I decided to post, well, I don't really think I'd refrain from commenting on a guide that suggested you go after KQ with shrimp and a party hat with a rubber chicken. Following your guide, people could suffer some SERIOUS losses at GWD.

Also, it really disturbed me how a lot of the facts you presented were about things you've never done. You really should refrain from writing guides about something you haven't thoroughly researched.

I'd like to say to you (again) that it's my friends who helped me make the Saradomin part of the guide, and the rest has entirely been tested by myself, and I did long researshes before writing this guide, so don't assume things if you have no proof of it =;.

I'd like to say to you (again) that it's my friends who helped me make the Saradomin part of the guide. And I did long researshes before writing this guide, so don't assume things if you have no proof of it =;.

The "proof" is in the facts that you:

- Claim fury is a high risk item, when with your set up, you would not lose it.

- Argue that "lots of items protect over hilts so tele right away"

- Use the simplest, and one of the weaker strategies that most people already know of for Bandos

I feel comfortable saying you haven't researched it, because most facts you provided are wrong, and your strategies seem simple, ineffective, and incomplete. And again, I don't think "my friend's helped me make it" is enough to consider it "researched."

Edit:

Also, your quest requirements are wrong. None of the bosses REQUIRE a prayer book, and for most, there is a better alternative. Eadgar's Ruse is not required, Death Plateau, and about 50% of Troll Stronghold is required (Able to pass Dad.)

I don't see any reason why 40 prayer would be a requirement either. You don't NEED pray to bypass the troll throwers, 40 isn't enough for protect melee against Bandos or K'ril...

And as someone earlier pointed out, Northern Hobgoblins are literally one of four good kill count spots. It's definitely not "The Best" as some of the other spots are way faster, and you take less damage doing so depending on your gear.

-Fury is a high risk because it takes the spot of another rare item (Example : You lose whip because fury is better) and glory is almost as good.

-I tought protected over GWD items because it says they worth 0gp in the knowledge base. This is why I was wrong.

-If you don't like the way I suggest to do Bandos, then it's not my problem. It's up to you to choose your technique, man :-s.

-In case you didn't understand (and I think you didn't), the required quests are quests required TO USE MY GUIDE and NOT TO ACCEED TO GOD WARS DUNGEON.

-Fury is a high risk because it takes the spot of another rare item (Example : You lose whip because fury is better) and glory is almost as good.

-I tought protected over GWD items because it says they worth 0gp in the knowledge base. This is why I was wrong.

-If you don't like the way I suggest to do Bandos, then it's not my problem. It's up to you to choose your technique, man :-s.

-In case you didn't understand (and I think you didn't), the required quests are quests required TO USE MY GUIDE and NOT TO ACCEED TO GOD WARS DUNGEON.

I'll give you the fury. Fine. But the truth is, barrow gloves shouldn't be used anyways, as D'hide only has 1 less attack and has more magic defense. If you had used that, you would've protected karils, karils, and glory. Versus karils, karils, and fury, being no different. Seeing as you decided you want barrow gloves, fine, I'll concede that point.

I don't remember ever seeing item prices in the KB. If you're referring to Tip.It's item database, that's a horrible assumption to make. And again, researching isn't pulling up the handiest database and looking at it, especially when you're not sure your source is fully updated.

I found your Bandos method VERY entertaining. Why? Because right after the others responded to your thread, your bandos method is now EXACTLY the same as mine. Only not explained properly.

And the writing is ambiguous enough to imply that those are the requirements. Period.

I'm not trying to flame you. I'm merely trying to express that you should not write a guide about a topic you are not extremely familiar with. Particularly when it's a dangerous topic that can get people killed.

Right after the others responded to your thread, your bandos method is now EXACTLY the same as mine. Only not explained properly.

Heheheh... My guide is older than yours and I didn't edit my Bandos Technique since the beginning of my guide... :-k

You use the simplest, and one of the weaker strategies that most people already know of for Bandos

You said that my Bandos guide was very ineffective, and now you say you have the same as me? =D>

Please stop posting on my guide. You have got yourself ridiculous enough, don't make it worse ::'.

Right after the others responded to your thread, your bandos method is now EXACTLY the same as mine. Only not explained properly.

Heheheh... My guide is older than yours and I didn't edit my Bandos Technique since the beginning of my guide... :-k

You use the simplest, and one of the weaker strategies that most people already know of for Bandos

You said that my Bandos guide was very ineffective, and now you say you have the same as me? =D>

Please stop posting on my guide. You have got yourself ridiculous enough, don't make it worse ::'.

Your Bandos guide has been editted MULTIPLE times. I, as well as probably 12 or so others, were laughing about it while I was at Bandos, because I read it, saw it, thought it was funny, and told them.

Your strategy had no mention of a tank at all. And it never did mention a tank standing in the middle. Rather, you said "Whoever he's on pray melee, the rest pray range."

Don't lie. I can get several people to confirm: They all read your guide before I posted mine, and we were talking about it in game long before I posted mine as well.

Ben, I'm gonna have to call you on your statement about your guide not changing since the beginning...for 2 reasons.

1. I remember reading one of *your* posts that says your guide is always changing and is not finished yet so don't assume it is...

2. I remember reading your guide a couple days ago, and it's not the same now as it was back then.

Please stop trying to act like we're the enemies when you're going out of your way to make us look bad.

Please stop posting on your own thread, you're making it more ridiculous than it already is.