Grand Exchange Your Pros and Cons

Aaron888

The most blatant example of xp waste and wasted time in game in general is spending your time typing "b d bones 3.5k - urza285" every 20-30 seconds. Granted it helped on typing skills...

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

If you are good enough, you can type with one hand and mouseclick high alchemy with the other ;).

Yep, because that 35k magic xp is worthwhile in todays economy.

Its almost entertaining to think about how yesterdays players would play in todays economy.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Haha, still makes a dent in F2P though, sort of :P. Although maybe it's dwarfed with F2P combat training post-EoC.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

There are several things that I don't like about the GE (such as the lack of an effective price adjustment mechanism), but it is undoubtedly a godsend. I would be in favour of improving, but never removing it. I am sure there are players who are nostalgic and think it killed player interaction or whatever, but it is far more efficient and technologically advanced than player-to-player trades and by extension saves plenty of time for players, which can be actually used on actually playing the game instead of typing away mindlessly with tired hands trying to sell/buy stuff.

• Like 1

^ That and the associated spam/ban problems when people resort to less legal methods of advertising :/. Though '07 might have a nice idea going with their legalized autotyper... (link is to Jagex newspost).

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

There are several things that I don't like about the GE (such as the lack of an effective price adjustment mechanism), but it is undoubtedly a godsend. I would be in favour of improving, but never removing it. I am sure there are players who are nostalgic and think it killed player interaction or whatever, but it is far more efficienct and technologically advanced than player-to-player trades and by extension saves plenty of time for players, which can be actually used on actually playing the game instead of typing away mindlessly with tired hands trying to sell/buy stuff.

this. some items should be linked, or at least to an extent, like shards of items and such. equally if things are being sold constantly far far below/above ge price it should at least flag up on jagex' system to speed up the price change (obviously if an item is being needed for a newly released quest/challenge or something and mass buying on a day they could ignore as very limited time usually)

baileydafrog.png

07 hated not having a grand exchange so much they got the trading post. Which is like basic listings with prices while still needing to interact with players to trade items.

Not having the grand exchange is awful. Might as well just play as an ironman without it.

The big problem we have had/still have with the ge is Jagex policy of introducing updates, then completely dropping them for years. Doesn't matter how flawed/useless update is, it won't be tweaked or touched.

That is a huge reason I love 07. The jmods there have historically placed a large importance on-

-Polling updates accurately (or at least leagues ahead of rs3 "power to the players shit polls)

-introducing those updates

-polling tweaks to those updates to not only fix imperfections but keep them up to date

As a result 07 does get far fewer updates, but the quality is, imo, far far better.

Regarding the ge, it is a godsend for sure. But you could write a book about the things wrong with it.

What they did with 07 is introduce a very rudimentary trading post type ge as a starting point, and are continually watching it and polling tweaks to make it useful with little flaws.

• Like 2
I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

I think it's interesting to see this thread over 7 years after the release of the GE.  It might be worth tracking what changes have been made since the ge was introduced.

Here are a few I can think of:

1) Buy limits and later shared buy limits

2) Free trade on GE Prices

3) Different volumes of different items needed for updates (could obviously be improved)

4) Physical changes to the GE structure and location

5) Offers timing out (not sure if this has changed)

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

^ That and the associated spam/ban problems when people resort to less legal methods of advertising :/. Though '07 might have a nice idea going with their legalized autotyper... (link is to Jagex newspost).

That. Is. Amazing.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

yeah, a system without GE was great /sarcasm, remember the times you had a lot of "useful" items and stand in bank shouting "bank sale" and waiting for people to trade with you so you could maybe sell something they didn't know you had? Also buying essence took long.

• Like 2

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I think it's interesting to see this thread over 7 years after the release of the GE.  It might be worth tracking what changes have been made since the ge was introduced.

Here are a few I can think of:

1) Buy limits and later shared buy limits

2) Free trade on GE Prices

3) Different volumes of different items needed for updates (could obviously be improved)

4) Physical changes to the GE structure and location

5) Offers timing out (not sure if this has changed)

Yeah I think they still time out if you haven't logged in for X days/weeks, whatever, resulting in some quirky G.E. transactions (on rares mainly) when someone does re-log sometimes.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

For me as a returning player, i made 1mil in the first 2 days playing because of the GE. I lost so much game knowledge i forgot the trading worlds, standing in banks, all that fun stuff, reading this thread brought back the good old times.