Guys, I need some help. (FD returned; story pg. 4)

fgfuyfyuiuy0

Anyone else find this a little suspicious? I mean, really, who just leaves an unpassworded, unprotetced flash drive, containing all their personal information, bank accounts, etc. lying around in some computer? I think it was planted, maybe as a sociological experiment as to who would return it, or maybe it has a keylogger (if that;s possible). He may have been trying to steal your latest research paper :shock:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm wondering is how can someone be so dumb as to keep ALL their personal data on an unencrypted, un-password protected flash drive...

You wouldn't walk into school or a public place, your pockets filled with hundred dollar bills worth $20,000 would you?

Basically, $17,461.34. I had to test his Wellsfargo :?

You were OK until this point. But if you logged on to any of his accounts, you may have crossed a line in the eyes of the law.

This will, of course, will be traced back to your IP if anything goes wrong with his money.

You need to return it, without disclosing that you signed on, of course.

He might even be grateful enough to give you a reward.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

What I'm wondering is how can someone be so dumb as to keep ALL their personal data on an unencrypted, un-password protected flash drive...

You wouldn't walk into school or a public place, your pockets filled with hundred dollar bills worth $20,000 would you?

I think I am just going to find him. I don't really trust anyone else with the flash drive. The problem is, he'll know I had to look on his flash drive to see what he looked like + name.

Did you read anything people on this forum said? Remember you honestly thought it was yours, you plugged it in and wondered where the hell all your files went. You clicked on the information in his flash drive and figured out, it belonged to him. You felt bad that you had to find out it was him by the personal information but you assure him you didn't do anything with his details and highly recommend he changes all of them, as soon as possible.

Now go return it before my go go gadget arms extend to smack you upside the head for checking his personal accounts :x

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

To the three posts above. I checked the stuff before I posted this. I thought it might be a planted flash drive, so I tried to validate the information. So, I was not continuing to mess around with it/messed around with it since I discovered the stuff was real. I'm returning it tomorrow. I have the class that I found it in tomorrow and the class before me lets out while I am waiting, so I'll see him and give it to him.

As for the IP thing. I know it tracks IP's. That's what I was worried about.

As for the password on the flash drive, I have no f'ing clue. It's a ScanDisk, so it allows a password. I am surprised he didn't set one up. That's what worried me about the planting, but all the stuff works. Passwords, etc.

disabled_pass.png

My 4 Gig is a simple Memorex that doesn't have a password thing, but the thing is, if I had one that could, I'd use it. I'm wondering why this kid didn't?

It could be like how some RuneScaper's don't use a PIN because they don't think someone will get their password. So maybe this kid thought no one would get his flash drive?

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

Bring it back to him, keep it unplugged from any computer with an internet connection in the meantime.

I think I am just going to find him. I don't really trust anyone else with the flash drive. The problem is, he'll know I had to look on his flash drive to see what he looked like + name.

Did you read anything people on this forum said? Remember you honestly thought it was yours, you plugged it in and wondered where the hell all your files went. You clicked on the information in his flash drive and figured out, it belonged to him. You felt bad that you had to find out it was him by the personal information but you assure him you didn't do anything with his details and highly recommend he changes all of them, as soon as possible.

Now go return it before my go go gadget arms extend to smack you upside the head for checking his personal accounts :x

Aargh, Goddess on the loose!

C2b6gs7.png

phr33 r00n3sc4p3 m3mb3r5 pl0x?

I would buy everything I could and then put it somewhere where he would find it.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

^ :wall:

Or...you could buy all the stuff you could, and put THAT STUFF where he could find it :XD

Some of thestuf he might buy would probably not be good things to leave lying around... :uhh: :XD:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

fgfuyfyuiuy0, you should just give the flash drive to your teacher now, tell your teacher you tried without success to find a phone number. It's been two days and you're still looking through the guy's stuff.

Not to mention some of the stuff in it may be illegal and might get you in trouble if someone thinks it's yours.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

fgfuyfyuiuy0, you should just give the flash drive to your teacher now, tell your teacher you tried without success to find a phone number. It's been two days and you're still looking through the guy's stuff.

Not to mention some of the stuff in it may be illegal and might get you in trouble if someone thinks it's yours.

I just returned it to him today. I said I thought it was mine and when it brought me to the interface without asking for a password, I knew it wasn't mine. I said I saw his name and pictures, so that's how I found him.

BTW, it'd been 2 days and I hadn't looked at his personals since the first day I found it, which was right before I posted this. I wasn't going to mess around with anything.

Back on topic, he told me that he forgot that stuff was on there, since he put it on his computer. Still, I told him he needed to put a password on it.

So, everything is fine. I told him to change his passwords though because 11/17 of his passwords were the EXACT same. The other 6 were a different 1337speak version and all 6 were the same.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

I just returned it to him today. I said I thought it was mine and when it brought me to the interface without asking for a password, I knew it wasn't mine. I said I saw his name and pictures, so that's how I found him.

BTW, it'd been 2 days and I hadn't looked at his personals since the first day I found it, which was right before I posted this. I wasn't going to mess around with anything.

Back on topic, he told me that he forgot that stuff was on there, since he put it on his computer. Still, I told him he needed to put a password on it.

So, everything is fine. I told him to change his passwords though because 11/17 of his passwords were the EXACT same. The other 6 were a different 1337speak version and all 6 were the same.

well, good on ya. How's it feel to do something good?

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

You did the right thing. =D>

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Sometimes a clear conscience is better than a bunch of passwords.

:thumbsup:

:lol:

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!