Is God real post your thoughts!

Joes_So_Cool

By the way, that picture is hilarious. :lol:

I quite agree. And that picture is the only good discussion value of this topic.

Oh, and biscuits.

p2gq.jpg

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11239809584303ebjg9.jpg

Who said I have a lack of faith?

I go to CCD (Sunday School) every week.

I'm just looking for something to prove to me that god is in fact real.

~Joe.

Your quote right there proves your have a so called "lack of faith", when you say "I'm just looking for something to prove to me that god is in fact real."

Faith - ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãânoun

1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.

I don't have a lack of confidence or trust.

~Joe.

Well now, aren't we an idiot...Lets try a real definition, shall we?

http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=faith

^Note Princeton.

Noun

* S: (n) religion, faith, religious belief (a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny) "he lost his faith but not his morality"

* S: (n) faith, trust (complete confidence in a person or plan etc) "he cherished the faith of a good woman"; "the doctor-patient relationship is based on trust"

* S: (n) religion, faith, organized religion (an institution to express belief in a divine power) "he was raised in the Baptist religion"; "a member of his own faith contradicted him"

* S: (n) faith (loyalty or allegiance to a cause or a person) "keep the faith"; "they broke faith with their investors"

WordNet home page

Also note COMPLETE CONFIDENCE. Doesn't look like you have complete confidence if you need proof.

Oh, and mister Sunday School kid. How about a quote from the Bible to set you off?

Nevertheless, as soon as the other disciples saw St Thomas they cried out, "We have seen the Lord!" However, the missing disciple Thomas was not so easily convinced and probably thought, 'perhaps it was an illusion a ghost of some sort'. St Thomas then told his fellow disciples, "Unless I see the mark of the nails in His hands, and put my finger in the mark of the nails, and my hand in his side, I will not believe".

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan

Let's face it, there are plenty of discussion topics on religion, and you could've found some with a search rather than posting this.

So the crux of the matter is really that biscuits are far tastier with bits of chocolate, and perhaps pecans.

If you'd like to make a topic on biscuits, please do, but don't bring it onto this thread, thank's.

~Joe.

But biscuits are delicious!

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

This thread is now about biscuits.

Go!

do Limp Bizkit's count?

What about Jaffa Cakes? I've always wondered that.

Tha-th-th-th-th-tha-throw your hands up!

Tha-th-th-th...

Throoooow yourrrr haaands up!

I move in! I move out!

Let's face it, there are plenty of discussion topics on religion, and you could've found some with a search rather than posting this.

So the crux of the matter is really that biscuits are far tastier with bits of chocolate, and perhaps pecans.

I prefer macadamias to pecans, but pecans are good enough.

I think the topical question should be WBWJE? What biscuit would Jesus eat?

WWJD....For a Klondike bar

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan

Did you also know that in the bible it states that on you're wedding night if you're wife isn't a virgin you are to stone her to death and leave her on her fathers doorstep?

What happened to "Thou Shall Not Kill"?

~Joe.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Whatever it is to begin with doesn't really matter, because Jesus will just make it alcoholic anyway.

Did you also know that in the bible it states that on you're wedding night if you're wife isn't a virgin you are to stone her to death and leave her on her fathers doorstep?

~Joe.

Silly, silly, silly little boy. Didn't you learn anything in Sunday School? Can't compare O.T. with N.T. there, ace. :shame:

-Genghis Khan

Stone a woman for not being a virgin?

Deut. 22:13-21

"If any man takes a wife and goes in to her and then turns against her, 14 and charges her with shameful deeds and publicly defames her, and says, ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâI took this woman, but when I came near her, I did not find her a virgin,ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ 15 then the girlÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s father and her mother shall take and bring out the evidence of the girlÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s virginity to the elders of the city at the gate. 16 "And the girlÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s father shall say to the elders, ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâI gave my daughter to this man for a wife, but he turned against her; 17 and behold, he has charged her with shameful deeds, saying, "I did not find your daughter a virgin." But this is the evidence of my daughterÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s virginity.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ And they shall spread the garment before the elders of the city. 18 "So the elders of that city shall take the man and chastise him, 19 and they shall fine him a hundred shekels of silver and give it to the girlÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s father, because he publicly defamed a virgin of Israel. And she shall remain his wife; he cannot divorce her all his days. 20 "But if this charge is true, that the girl was not found a virgin, 21 then they shall bring out the girl to the doorway of her fatherÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death because she has committed an act of folly in Israel, by playing the harlot in her fatherÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s house; thus you shall purge the evil from among you," (Deut. 22:13).

Critics of the Bible must be careful not to impose their present day moral system upon that of an ancient culture found in Scripture and then judge Scripture as though it is inferior to their own subjective morality. The above verses were written 3000 years ago in a very different culture and location. Sexual purity was very highly valued, unlike today, and when a man would marry a woman, her virginity was critical. In ancient times a dowry was paid to the father of the bride and the rightful expectation was that the bride would be a virgin.

In the culture of the time it was the father who was charged with the covering, care, and well-being of his daughter. Her sexual purity was was representative of the fathers ability to raise her according to the laws God. Therefore, in that culture, a man's reputation, as well as the family's reputation in the community, could be adversely affected by the fornication of his daughter. If his daughter had been promised to a man to be married, and a dowry had been paid, there was every expectation from the bridegroom that she would be a virgin. If the contrary was discovered after the marriage, then the implication is that there had been a deception in which the father could be implicated, or it would mean that he was unaware of her sin and this would bring great shame the family and the community, not to mention it being a display of outright rebellion against God's law. In this case, to insure the integrity of the family, and to remove the evil of adulterous/fornication from the community, stoning was advocated.

Finally, she was not stoned for not being a virgin, but for carrying out a deception in trying to appear as one.

http://www.carm.org/diff/Deut22_13.htm

-Genghis Khan

~Joe.

Silly, silly, silly little boy. Didn't you learn anything in Sunday School? Can't compare O.T. with N.T. there, ace. :shame:

Why not.

I just did?

~Joe.

Yes sir. I was referring to the apostle's lack of faith in the N.T. Your brought up stoning, which was punishment prior to the 10 commandments, in the O.T. This was PRIOR TO MOSES' COMING DOWN FROM THE MOUNTAIN WITH THE 10 COMMANDMENTS.

-Genghis Khan

Wow you can copy and paste from an internet site, congratulations, "ace".

~Joe.

Considering you have yet to come up with a counter argument, and you made up your own false little definition of a word, I don't think you have much room to talk.

-Genghis Khan

~Joe.

Why not.

You are absolutely right. You can. Not in the context that he is though. Read up a couple posts. He is talking about the stoning of a woman for not being a virgin before the commandment "you shall not kill"m and uses that as proof as the Bible's contradictions. He also fails to mention when Jesus stopped the crowd from stoning the adultress Mary of Magdalene in the N.T.

-Genghis Khan

Stone a woman for not being a virgin?

Deut. 22:13-21

"If any man takes a wife and goes in to her and then turns against her, 14 and charges her with shameful deeds and publicly defames her, and says, ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâI took this woman, but when I came near her, I did not find her a virgin,ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ 15 then the girlÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s father and her mother shall take and bring out the evidence of the girlÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s virginity to the elders of the city at the gate. 16 "And the girlÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s father shall say to the elders, ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâI gave my daughter to this man for a wife, but he turned against her; 17 and behold, he has charged her with shameful deeds, saying, "I did not find your daughter a virgin." But this is the evidence of my daughterÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s virginity.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ And they shall spread the garment before the elders of the city. 18 "So the elders of that city shall take the man and chastise him, 19 and they shall fine him a hundred shekels of silver and give it to the girlÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s father, because he publicly defamed a virgin of Israel. And she shall remain his wife; he cannot divorce her all his days. 20 "But if this charge is true, that the girl was not found a virgin, 21 then they shall bring out the girl to the doorway of her fatherÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death because she has committed an act of folly in Israel, by playing the harlot in her fatherÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s house; thus you shall purge the evil from among you," (Deut. 22:13).

Critics of the Bible must be careful not to impose their present day moral system upon that of an ancient culture found in Scripture and then judge Scripture as though it is inferior to their own subjective morality. The above verses were written 3000 years ago in a very different culture and location. Sexual purity was very highly valued, unlike today, and when a man would marry a woman, her virginity was critical. In ancient times a dowry was paid to the father of the bride and the rightful expectation was that the bride would be a virgin.

In the culture of the time it was the father who was charged with the covering, care, and well-being of his daughter. Her sexual purity was was representative of the fathers ability to raise her according to the laws God. Therefore, in that culture, a man's reputation, as well as the family's reputation in the community, could be adversely affected by the fornication of his daughter. If his daughter had been promised to a man to be married, and a dowry had been paid, there was every expectation from the bridegroom that she would be a virgin. If the contrary was discovered after the marriage, then the implication is that there had been a deception in which the father could be implicated, or it would mean that he was unaware of her sin and this would bring great shame the family and the community, not to mention it being a display of outright rebellion against God's law. In this case, to insure the integrity of the family, and to remove the evil of adulterous/fornication from the community, stoning was advocated.

Finally, she was not stoned for not being a virgin, but for carrying out a deception in trying to appear as one.

http://www.carm.org/diff/Deut22_13.htm

So the upshot is we pick and choose the bits that corroborate with modern values and culture?

Dictionary.com

That's my reference.

Notice Dictionary?

~Joe.

LOL. Yes, I also notice .com. You used a .com site as a cite for a definition. Hehehehe, Here's your sign....

-Genghis Khan