Zombie Plans-Revised

scootlaboot

Fishing is not that easy, neither is farming...so you would likely starve within a few weeks.

Hydrolysis will require a lot of equipment and effort...And not entirely sure how it would then be used to cook fish...since combining salt and water doesn't cook fish...as seen by the sea and rain...

If it was some method of power generation then you would need a battery...and if seawater combines with a battery you get a dead battery, so that could be problematic.

Also finding a solar power station and a houseboat, convienatly located off the coast of Africa, may be rather difficult.

More reasonably would finding a nuclear shelter and waiting 50 years...which should have exausted the food supply of the zombie hoard thus they would die off...Unless going with the 'Zombies don't need food they live forever and are powered by air.' arguement...in which case:

Live in the Middle East-> Set fire to all the Oil Derricks you can -> Nuclear Shelter -> Wait for all the zombies to drown thanks to global warming.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probaly isn't even enough water on Earth to flood everything. :)

Might as well just set off all the nuclear weapons and start nuclear winter for the heck of it.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Archi, fishing is that easy, while you can't expect to get a fish every tenth minute, you will get at least one fish a day (likely much more), assuming you remember bait or lures. And one fish is sufficient to keep you alive for more than one day. But you've got quite a few other problems to worry about, fish often contain parasites, some of which will take all the nutrients you consume if you eat it.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Right... Except that you won't get a fish every day, and somedays you will get a tiny fish, otherdays your line will break, and alot of the time you will lose your bait without gaining anything.

Premising that you will always get enough food kinda goes against the basis of natural selection...

Asuming you spend more than three hours fishing, I'd say the probabillity of catching at least one fish is >88%, with around 75% chance of catching multiple fish. Using a strong line (35-50kg strenght) you would avoid having it break unless you cut it (pulling too hard would likely only make you fall overboard). And using lures means you won't loose any unless you cut the line. Also you could use multiple rods/lures, I once caught two fish at once, one fell for the lure, the other was pierced on the hook through the tail.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Right...

On a more practical level I have been fishing for 6 hours at a time and not caught anything with 4 rods, 2 nets and a bunch of electronic equipment, and caught nothing.

I have also been fishing and caught something in five seconds.

Various other times with various combinations of rods nets and such.

I am probably about as skilled as Joe Bloggs the fisherman, and I am telling you that there is a good chance you won't get anything for successive periods of time...and sometimes you will catch small or inedible food.

And if you can't eat you become weaker, and if you are weaker it is harder to catch food and if you don't have food you can't eat.

I am not saying it is impossible...I am saying that...it is a bad idea to say 'Oh yeah, I will just fish for food and everything will be alright'.

Similarly living in a house boat and whatnot would be difficult...everything in a post apocolyptic Earth would be difficult...

A good rule is to stay away from all fish with weapons, fin spines like those on perches don't count. Also, be thorough when gutting them, and look out for signs of decay.

And suicide in an apocalyptic setting would be easier.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Yes, but making it permanent would be more difficult, Mather. :rolleyes:

A houseboat is a nice concept, but would almost certainly end very badly, very suddenly. Now, a floating city is a different matter...

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Nex...We all know the answer to that...decomposition by nanites.

Hell, even sending the nanites off to fight the zombification virus would work, dem nanites are magic. =P

Indeed, Archi. Perhaps they could even be used to fabricate food from the seawater! :rolleyes:

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Why stop there? The nanites could manufacture a whole new planet before you could say 'Unrealistic'!

Think of the possibilities!

Also salt water contains more than just salt...and nanites are capable of rearanging Ionic Bonds in a snap, one would assume covalent bonds would be no more difficult..

So we have carbon from the atomsphere, Hydrogen and Oxygen from the water...Glucose has been made!

RIP Dawngate ;-;