Any items on the GE you just stop selling?

cookiestealer222

If you have just bought/sold an item, you will not be able to sell/buy that item for a period of time. If we allowed this, it would be far too easy for someone to manipulate prices and prevent the economy from being stable.

I know this has some effect, at least on the items I'm trying to buy.

I've been buying "Item X" 10k at a time, and each time I set it up to buy, I get NO SALES for a period of time. Then once it starts giving me sales, I get the 10k rather quickly.

icecube7.jpeg

I've basically stopped using the GE altogether.

Pages are impossible to sell.

That is simply not true either. I have sold pages. It may take more than a couple of hours but they have sold.

I think some are lacking patience.

I would consider three days patience enough. :wall:

Harrington.gif

Further examples of stuff that I just can't seem to sell is...

Nature ammys (un-enchanted of course). I've had them up for about a week with no joy (despite constantly dropping the price to its lowest)

Lava battlestaffs (I have 28 of them lol), and after about a week I haven't sold a single one.

Rune Crossbows (of which I have 46), again, none of these have sold after a full week.

I finally sold that guthix page though lol.

Harrington.gif

I had been saving up flax and coal from MTK for a month in anticipation for the GE to come out.

That was a mistake. Needless to say, I'm going to wait for flax prices to go up to at least 70 each before selling them again. The real problem is that because of the exchange, nobody buys far above the exchange maximum anymore- even on forums! Flax dropped from 80-90 each to 50-60 in a week.

I'm leaving coal on the exchange at max price (162), which is lower than I ever expected to sell it for, but it's never going to sell at that price anyway, so I don't suppose that it makes any difference.

I've managed to get rid of some lobsters, swordies, and rune legs, but that's all that I've sold so far.

EDIT: And all of the people having difficulty selling Amulets of Strength.... the issue with that is that demand will not even come close to equaling the supply. Not that many members use them, and you'll almost never need more than two, one to use and one to hold a bank space. The same is true for Holy and Unholy Amulets, Amulets of Magic, Amulets of Defense, and Amulets of Power. I could go on and on. You're better off alching them then trying to find a buyer.

I sadly will imply, that nowadays Coal prices are much too high. A year or two back, they were 100gp each! Nowadays they're I don't even want to know how much. 150 is fine by me. Freakin merchanters and whatnot cabbaging up the god cabbaged prices.

they were 100 each in the past because of autoers and moved back up to 200 each long ago because they realised doing yew logs would be more easier.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

On the day GE came out I sold 88k maples for 82 each. 8-)
see, this is where i get confused. I put up 75k maples the first day as well and they're still sitting there at 55gp each now. in fact, I put them in as I was reading about you cleaning out your bank with success.

if someone can explain that one to me i'll eat my hat. except I probably won't. i'll just say thanks or something.

People need to realize that its set up for skillers, put the items in and come back sometime later, to many people think its ment for fast trading.

The only problem im seeing with that is when the prices change then you can't sell...

I think another reason people are a bit inpatient about this; is how they don't want to leave the grand exanchange. They get every thing set up to go skilling, then have the message telling them their item was sold. They'd have to go back, and do all that again.

Though they could just leave it in there. Though right now, many people are trying to clear out their banks. The 6 slots just aren't enough for some people.

I don't think I need to tell any one that the prices are caused by people selling as low as they can, eh? If you ask me, runescape is to impatient for a system like this.

cheezysigtipit.png

High-alching that REALLY expensive item in my inventory looks more and more tempting with every beer I drink.

I have stopped selling nats, death and super restore.

I will sell abck when prices will be at more rational prices.

I think taht the 5% rule should be supressed and replaced by a view on people currently selling what amount and at what prices (like in a real STock Echange). That would solve everything in my opininon.

But you can be sure that if Jagex is aware of the problems, they will take care of it, as it is a too big and too important update just to mess it.

im gonna stop selling my dds soon, i have had 50 dds sitting in the GE for almost a week, and haven't sold a single one, so il probably just sell them slowly at edge or duel arena.

I have an idea on this one. Jagex may have screwed up the listing. My son and I tried every search that we could think of to find DDS on GE, but we couldn't find any.

punitivedsig.png

And all of the people having difficulty selling Amulets of Strength.... the issue with that is that demand will not even come close to equaling the supply. Not that many members use them, and you'll almost never need more than two, one to use and one to hold a bank space. The same is true for Holy and Unholy Amulets, Amulets of Magic, Amulets of Defense, and Amulets of Power. I could go on and on. You're better off alching them then trying to find a buyer.

Don't waste your nats alching something so small. Take them to the amulet shop in Brimhaven to get a decent price.

punitivedsig.png

I have had a Chinchompa offer above the average price open for the past 3 days, no Chinchompas. I can only presume someone/groups of people has "camped" Chinchompas, purchasing 100K and not allowing anyone else to trade.

Or maybe you're just too cheap. Try this. Offer the max price. If the max ever goes up, raise your offer. You'll get your chins. If you're too cheap to pay the going rate, then don't complain.

When I want to buy, I offer max price. Almost always successful right away. Selling is the problem.

punitivedsig.png

I have sold pages. It may take more than a couple of hours but they have sold.

I think some are lacking patience.

I would consider three days patience enough. :wall:

Try this. Reduce your price to the minimum. When prices go down, reduce again. I sold a zammy 4 that way.

punitivedsig.png

Selling on the GE is all about patience (not patients :P ). Ppl want an immediate sale, so they sell low to sell quick. When I sell shark there, I sell at my price and do something else while I wait. If you're patient and not expect fast cash, you'll get your price.

Since I'm not a merchanter, I buy the stuff there is at the highest or the highest I can go with my money. If I need something, I get it right away. If you expect to be able to merchant in the GE, you're in for a surprise :lol:

By the way, if you haven't noticed, the prices in GE change depending on the player market. If the price of essence goes down, the GE sells/buys it for less. Just hope the price won't drop/rise dramatically on anything, it might ruin the economy in GE :ohnoes:

rook_2222.png

F2P for life :D

Further examples of stuff that I just can't seem to sell is...

Nature ammys (un-enchanted of course). I've had them up for about a week with no joy (despite constantly dropping the price to its lowest)

Lava battlestaffs (I have 28 of them lol), and after about a week I haven't sold a single one.

Rune Crossbows (of which I have 46), again, none of these have sold after a full week.

I finally sold that guthix page though lol.

I also can't sell my lava staves, rune crossbows, rune shortbows, and Sara page.

im gonna stop selling my dds soon, i have had 50 dds sitting in the GE for almost a week, and haven't sold a single one, so il probably just sell them slowly at edge or duel arena.

I have an idea on this one. Jagex may have screwed up the listing. My son and I tried every search that we could think of to find DDS on GE, but we couldn't find any.

It should be under ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅDragon Dagger p++ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ